The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Unmakers!

ryurei

Chapter 1

the begining

A new flyer has been seen posted in various places around Pen Keep. It has an other worldly feel to it and attracts all who catch sight of it to read what it has to say:

“To all Peoples of all Places, plains, and dimensions;

We now face a threat to our safety and need to recruit a team of four adventure seekers.

The weak of heart need not to apply although we will need:

A healer; a fighter; a stealthy person;

And a good mage (if a mage could be roused from their tower).

This does not mean only these types will be allowed.

Any on willing to apply please notify Mai Takekaze at your earliest convenience

So that they can make arrangements to get us together.”

OOC: hey guys and gals! I’m trying to see if I can run an internet paper and pencil role playing game loosely based on Big Eyes Small Mouth (also called BESM). The style is an anything-goes and I’d like to say everyone is welcome to play. However due to inexperience with large groups of players on my part I’d like to keep it around 4-6 players. The basis for BESM is anime so anything you want your character to do is technically possible, I just need them cemented in before we start. Building rules are: 1. every character will have two attributes and three basic stats (body, mind, and soul) 2. At least one defect is desired as this gives the character a little more depth and is greatly appreciated. Just a few attributes and defects:

Normal Attributes:

Animal Friendship

Though acceptable, it isn't very common to the genre.

Appearance:

Used to show beauty . Useful for dandies, or persuasive agents.

Aura of Command:

Well-to-do gentlemen of the 20s or military characters with leadership ability might have this.

Combat Mastery:

More applicable to combat focus genres.

Divine Relationship:

Useful as a measure of basic luck, though a particularly nasty Keeper may accompany it with darker forces.

Extra Attacks:

NPCs with unusual combat abilities can make good use of this. It should be rare for PCs, however, even in a combat focus game.

Flunkies:

Rich men with retainers or military underlings can be represented with this attribute.

Gun Bunny:

Dead Eye and Portable Armoury are examples for this ability while there are others. A staple for the smart investigators or agents.

Kensei:

Kensei abilities are generally Lightning Draw, Two Weapons, Blind Fighting, Judge Opponent, and Precise Stroke.

Massive Damage:

Inappropriate for CoC.

Mechanical Genius:

This attribute is useful for the typical mechanic.

Organizational Ties:

Characters tied to a secret organization or a government agency should have this. It is useful for police, military characters, or members of companies.

Personal Gear:

A standard attribute. A Keeper should feel free to drop personal gear if desired, but the rules are a nice, simple way to handle equipment.

Normal Defects:

Ageism:

Though typically meant to reflect younger characters, other –isms are very applicable to CoC characters. Discrimination based on race, wealth, and other factors are common in all periods. It is suggested that each level reflects a +2 difficulty for applicable tasks. Old age isn't really appropriate for defects and should simply affect Body, if it has any effects.

Attack Restriction:

This is most appropriate for combat focus games, but violence and issues of violence permeate most campaigns to a point.

Awkward:

Appropriate to professors and the many intellectuals.

Easily Distracted:

Similer to Awkward.

Girl/Guy Magnet:

This is used to add comedy to the game and isn’t advised for any wishing a serious character. serious characters taking this will look strange.

Inept Combat:

Can’t fight for one reason or the other..

Marked:

Whether from birthmarks or scarring, making you easy to spot.

Nemesis:

A bit odd for a starting character, but not unheard of.

Not So Fast:

Your character is not as fast as they should be for what ever reason.

Not So Strong:

Similar to not so fast.

Not So Tough:

Ditto.

One Arm/No Arms:

One Arm is a bit unusual, but not unreasonable as a defect. No Arms should be avoided, particularly in campaigns where the character will require constant supervision by other characters. This defect could also be used to reflect impaired mobility.

Owned:

This can reflect control in the sence your character is always needing permission before acting, or domination by a variety of organizations or groups

Phobia:

A common defect, particularly later in a campaign.

Physically Unappealing:

Unattractive.

Recurring Nightmares:

It's advised that starting characters avoid these sorts of defects. There's plenty of time to gain them later.

Red Tape:

Common to any characters that have to deal with government or other organizations on a frequent basis. This is particularly appropriate in Delta Green campaigns.

Sensory Impairment:

Much of the same device as for One Arm/No Arms.

Significant Other:

A useful defect to give characters some dimension, time or place.

Skeleton in the Closet:

A fairly standard defect. This might be a bit overly dramatic for some campaigns.

Special Requirement:

This defect is for anything not covered.

Wanted:

Fairly appropriate for many CoC games. Keepers that find Wanted PCs don't fit their game style or campaign setup should disallow this defect.

Some sites that have some other rules and such are:

http://www.geocities.com/qryph/BESM.html

http://www.nggnet.com/Games/rpgs/ArticlesR...attndefects.htm

will be acepting players till april 15 or till the player quota is filled.

Any character creation questions pm me with your character ideas and I can send more detailed info that might help. If you have any specific questions PM me and I’ll try my best to answer your questions. also will post answere to question once i reciev them in BESM Q&A.

Without a link to 'official' BESM rules or a rulebook of my own, I'm going to wing it and try statting out a known character with the information given here.

Minta, neato necro gnomie girl! (See Piazza entry here.

Body: Weakest (she's a gnomie, they have no leverage)

Mind: Average (not stupid, but thinks like a child)

Soul: Strongest (very willful, winning personality)

(from the geocities link) As many levels of Gadgeteer as can be fitted in. . . but let's not be one-dimensional and just say she has one. . .for now.

Flunkies: Skellies!

Ageism: A child/gnomie/necromancer has some discrimination to overcome. Not everyone appreciates a troupe of foot-high formerly human skeletons made into a "real monkeys inna barrel".

(I considered Hyperactive, but Minta can apply herself for hours if she really wants to.)

OOC: i like the thought of the character I will try to see what specifics will work well with her and PM the details to you.

BIC(back in character):

Ryu steps out of Mai's apartment and sees a little girl sporting short, wavy-curly indigo hair and matching eyes in a round face. The robes she wares seem to be made out of some sort of leather and have dozens of overstuffed pockets, covering her from neck to toe. The child comes about to his waist and gives him a distrusting look. "is this Mai's place??" she asks.

"Yes, this is her place however she's out at the moment. Can I help you??" Ryu asks as he squatted down to look her in the eyes.

"My name is Minta and I'm here about the flyers," she replied.

"Uh yeah that’s not going to happen till the 15th so try back then," Ryu said as he sighed heavily. "You can wait if you like but its not in motion till then."

"Awwww," Minta sulks, but hopskips a few seconds later with a Really Great Idea an' zooms off.

Not long afterwards, she returns dragging one end of a zombie-skin trampoline, with a small skellie hauling on the other end. When Ryu opens the door again out of curiosity, skellie has set one edge of the trampoline on top of its skull and taken up a position of parade rest, transforming the skin into a very primitive lean-to. In its shade Minta has spread out a crazy quilt an' a supply of jelly an' marshmallow fluff sammiches.

"Can I camp out here 'til then can I can I can I please!" she announces.

"Oh, Whatever! Just don't mess anything up, Mai has been Busy with her manuscript, and left a bit of a mess," Ryu sighs as he startes down the street.

OOC: sorry for not getting back with the character but as ryu said i've been busy with my manuscript and will be a bit delayed

OOC: the character i understand from the posts and your character description would be something like this...

body: 4

mind: 5

soul: 8

attributes

mechanical genius lv 4 (alows her to build/ repair mechanical things 20 times faster/better than the average mechanic.)

magic lv 6 ( can summon up to 12 'skelies' or cast any spell that will deal up to 100 points of damage total.

items lv 6 (has any and all pieces she needs to build/repair/raise just about anything. they are availible to her at all times, unless someone steals/confiscates them)

defects

Ageism/descrimination lv 1 (as was said a gnome child/necromancer has some discrimination from everyone to overcome; not everyone appreciates a troupe of foot-high skeletons running around.....)

does this sound like you were trying for????

BIC: Ryu comes out to the lean to and hands Minta an official looking document consisting of varrious information gathered on her. "Mai asked me to bring this to you and verify the information is correct," Ryu said as he gave the skellie a strange look. "Does it look correct??"

OOC: This is a replie to a question i recieved the question was if there are any basic rules to keep in mind when planning the character. so the answer is: the BESM system i'm using is version 2. it is mostly going to be a diplomatic game how ever i will try to work out my bugs and get set to have a die roller available. baisicly anything you want to do with a character is possible(i won't turn any character idea away but i might tone it down if they are too powerful). And since i'm too lazy to type and print the entire rules and all send me an idea of what you want to do with your charater and i'll post a sheet as close as i can get to what you want.

most importaint is that this is mostly a diplomatic game and so be prepared for lots of rping...

PS. also am looking for a site that has the rules posted. If anyone finds one please let me know where it is :D

OOC: I have the Dominion Tank Police RPG that uses the same system, and I never really fooled around with it for more than a few times, but count me in! I'll find the book and use it as a reference (as I'm sure it follows the same system.) but until then, count me as your fighter type dude.

IC:

Lurching through the halls on a late night food slog, Stick stumbles into some paper that looks vaguely edible. After chewing on it briefly, he deicdes it is not actually food and decides to read it. Not really getting the gist of it in his sleepy haze, he attempts to scrawl his name onto it then shambles back from whence he came.

Alrighty Mai, have fun with working this one out ;) Taking the same approach as Quin here. I have no familiarity whatsoever with the tristat system, so I'm completely winging it. Feel free to work out or adapt what should be ^_^

And most of all, don't feel rushed ^_^

The Pen.

A standard dib pen for all appearances, just totally black, with an inky sheen.

Because the Pen IS mightier than the Sword ;)

Body none, as far as physical leverage goes. Can't exert any force by itself. Yet has a very tough time caring about any sort of harm.

Mind fluctuating. Tends to have the greatest insights hidden amongst seeming nonsense. Or just nonsense, without insights. Usually relatively clear though.

Soul average.

Defects. I'll start with those since they are easiest.

No arms, legs, head or other limbs more commonly found in less innocent genres of anime.

Just Can't exert physical strength by itself, though it can just stay in place. For example, while it could stop a 30 ton weight in mid-fall, it couldn't lift said weight back up, nor a sheet of paper, for that matter.

Sensory Impairment. Has no sight or smell, yet has a sense that doubles for sight in the nearby vincinity. Say within two dozen yards or so.

Can't talk.

Unusual diet. Exists off of ink alone. With no qualms to induce the holder of the ink as well.

Slightly off the hook.

Attributes.

Ageless, and mid-level invulnerability from the NGG link.

Small. It's a standard dib pen as far as dimensions are concerned.

Hovers. Is unaffected by gravity, and moves by hovering at normal human speeds.

Drawy! It draws, on paper, on anything else, or just in thin air. Whatever it draws is quite real, and usually shares the same qualities the pen itself does, though can potentially be "alive" with a limited sort of intelligence. Say stick figures could walk, or even lift objects relative to their size. Ink reservoir is limited but far larger than it reasonably should be. Anything drawn in thin air will collapse after some minutes, or at the pen's whim.

Edited by Mardrax

On the previous flyers posted through out the keep a amendment has been seen near the bottom: "to minta, mercer, stick, pen, and any others who might be interested: Due to unfortunate inconveniences The date has been pushed back a month. sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience."

OOC: sorry guys, I’ve got finals coming up and need to study a bit harder than I thought:( again I do appreciate the interest shown the game will just be delayed NOT canceled. ps. I like the idea of The Pen, however I’ve been to busy to get a character sheet made for him. And stick is also welcome to join! If you don't find a copy of the rule book, post what you have in mind and I’ll send a reply with some possibilities here. in fact if you use the book you have and make a character with it that would make for an interesting addition:)

• 1 month later...

If I am allowed to make a character on here, it would have to be Loki. No idea about stats and stuff, but here's a basic description.

LOKI---

looks about twenty-five, black hair pulled into a ponytail, right eye is silver, left eye is dark green-blue with a slitted pupil, very tall and lanky with long legs

Shadow-walker-able to teleport(?) distances very hard to kill :)

Acts very cheerful, smiles a lot, but turns very mysterious and dark at times always evades questions about herself

fights with martials arts mostly

Alright, so I'll describe Stick as an anime character, and I *have* located my Dominion Tank Police book, which uses the same system as BESM. Basically, Stick is the wacky, tenacious, slightly dumb warrior type. He normally uses his BigPointyStick (which is like a wooden staff, which is sharpened to points at either end, but is also malleable if Stick wishes it to be so) as his main weapon. He can also pull random objects of any size out of his pockets (such as The Mighty Couch, which he looks after for safekeeping from time to time) and is capable of eating *ANYTHING* in a single bite. But only when he's hungry. He is tall, skinny, has short and usually messy brown hair. He tends to wear monk like clothing, usually loose fitting pants and an open vest. Normally he is accompanied by Mr.Bunny, but for the purposes of this story, not this time.

I'll create the actual stats... would you prefer me to PM them to you?

OOC: hey every one! i know i'm a bit late getting on with the story, and i appologize. I've got to put off the in-depth details and the like for another week or so...(I forgot the rule book and my notes to wright the first part in any details:P) so the first part is a who's who :D

BIC:

As the day came and passed the adventurers stood waiting to be introduced to those who hired them. as they stand infront of mais house he finaly steps out to see Minta still wiating with her skelly, Stick standing there looking a bit confused, a floating Pen, and a disterbingly bright Loki. "Huh what are you all doing here????" he says, "Your not suposed to be here till tomarr......" as Mai stops and startes to count his fingers and mutter to himself Keiko also exits the door and looks at the group.

"I told you to get that portal ready earlier" keiko said as she turned and left.

"uh..ok i'll just go get that portal ready why don't you get to know each other first..." and with this Mai dashes back into the house and the sounds of rushing and tumbling are heard within.

OOC: i'll give every one a week to respond to whats going on and post then again sorry for the delay.

Stick blinks a few times, then shrugs. Looking around, he nods and smiles at Minta, whom he is already familiar with. He doesn't really notice to floating pen right away, but when he does, he pokes it a few times, not sure what to do about it. Shrugging, he scratches the back of his head with one hand, and offers the other hand towards Loki.

"Hi, I'm Dierden, but most people just call me Stick. Uhh, how are you?"

Stick shrugs again.

OOC: Sorry about the blatant OOC post previously without saying it was OOC etc...

*poke poke*

*zip woosh slalom woosh

curl curl curl wavy wavy curl curlycircle poke halt*

It didn't like being poked. It might just be an object, but it was an object with feeling.

An object not just with feeling, with emotion, but an object of Limbo made solid.

Not that anyone here could care about that.

No in-betweens among these.

Although that girl...

Something was odd about her.

The pen shifted, positioning itself horizontally while flying toward Minta, maneuvering itself around several objects in its way.

Not least of which avoiding to impale Loki, and just barely missing a bouncing skeleton's collarbone.

It came to an abrubt stop in front of Minta, back into a vertical, after some twirling around in the air, some armspans from her face.

"Hiya!" it said in big, curly letters, the pen itself functioning as the exclamation mark's upright.

"Whoa, neato!" Minta admires the mystically suspended message, and crawls under it to see what it looks like from the other side. Kinda two-dimensional. She pops up on the other side, out of the shade of the lean-to. "I had crayons like that but I dunno where I put them." Her hand poke into various pockets and find a super-duper-GIANT-baseball-size jawbreaker, pixystix, bone chips, some more pixystix, and a few draggled pieces of what had once been a fluffy red quill--but not crayons. Most of the junk landed around her feet, but the jawbreaker rolled away until it bumped against Loki's foot.

An oddly dressed figure stumbles onto mai's lawn in a hurry, a flyer clutched in one glove and a less-than-shiny badge held in the other. The stretchy plastic human mask and its excessive black moustache do little to disguise the scaly snout that juts from the figure's face, and the formal gray robes that cover his body aren't large enough to hide the pair of wings that rip at the fabric on the back. The figure trips over the bottom of his robes as he sprints forward, swerving and narrowly missing Stick with his tail. He ducks the flying pen and almost slips over a stray jawbreaker, darting past Ran Yoko and finally screeching to a halt at mai takekaze's door. He pounds on the door with one of his gloves, and continues pounding louder and louder until mai opens it with an aggravated glare.

"Excuse me, but I was wonderin' if I'm too late to sign up for this?" The figure tosses the flyer in mai's direction, accidentally swatting him on the face with it. "My name'sss Wy- errrr, William Pompousissy. Yes *ahem*. You may have heard of me through the legend of the Akashan Library, for I am the head curator there. Indeed *ehem*. I would like to accompany the adventurersss on this mission in the hopes of plunder- uhmmm, documenting things for my really really big library. Quite *cough*. Here are my credentials, in case you're unaware of my super-ultra-legendary status."

William Pompousissy raises his cheap plastic Askashan Library badge, then hands mai takakaze a sheet of paper from his Devil's Advocate folder. Mai raises a brow as he looks it over, finding little more than a blank sheet.

"Know that I'm incredibly stuck-up - I wouldn't be a part of the Akashan Library if I wasn't." William stifles a snicker. "Here's my stat sheet, by the way. I do so hope you will consssider it."

Mai looks over the new sheet of paper with a frown.

Name: William Pompousissy

Secondary Occupation: intellectual sissy

Favorite Food: lima beans (hah!)

Favorite Color: Pink (HAH!)

Favorite Animal: Leech (HAWH!)

Attributes:

Position of Authority lv. 3 (big celebrity around librarians especially!)

Moustache can be detached and tossed as a fluffy projectile (losing hair by the day, HAH!)

Defects:

Pompous and Vain

Extreme Cowardice

Awkward Intellectualism

Inept Combat

Not so Fast

Not so Strong

Not so Tough

Owned by the Library

Excessive Pansy-ism

Sensory Impairment - he generally sucks at everything

Wanted - by the Akashan Library for identity theft filing books

Loki smiles, her eyes closed and her hands in her pockets. She is wearing jeans, a tank top, combat boots, and a flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows, with a black collar-like choker and several earrings, mostly small hoops and studs.

"My name's Loki," she says to Stick. Her voice is a strange Southern drawl, for she uses many English 'cockney' phrases. "Nice t' meetcha, mate."

She looks over at the newest arrival and Mai, taking one step forward. She suddenly disappears, only to reappear hanging by her legs from the roof just above them. She looks with undisguised interest at the paper Mai is holding.

OOC: oh woe is me who hath no net connection of his own! well this week is just the posting of the character sheets. please review them and let me know if they are ture to your character or not. if not i will rewrite them accordingly.

BIC:

Mai looks at the new arival with a look of suprise and looks him over several times before reading the paper he was handed. "Well i think this is more correct ...am i wrong??" he askes as he makes some adjustments and hands the paper back. "That reminds me! here's the other sheets i forgot, lets see I've got Loki, The Pen and...hmm...I'm still missing yours, Stick. Or do you have it??"

OOC: the sheets that aren't already posted in order of arival:

The Pen---

A standard dib pen for all appearances: Totally black, with an inky sheen.

Because the Pen IS mightier than the Sword

Body 2(not physically strong)

Mind 9(smarter than average, but smart enough not everyone can understand it)

Soul 5

Defects.

No arms, legs, head or other limbs more commonly found in less innocent genres of anime.

Can't exert physical strength alone: For example, while it could stop a 30 ton weight in mid-fall, it couldn't lift said weight back up, nor a sheet of paper, for that matter.

Sensory Impairment: Has no sight or smell, yet has other senses that doubles for sight in the vicinity of two dozen yards or so.

Can't talk (air wrights instead)

Unusual diet. Exists off of ink alone. With no qualms to induce the holder of the ink as well.

Slightly off the hook.

Attributes.

Ageless: doesn’t seem to age physically

Level 3 invulnerability from the NGG link.(ok we’ll go with their definition for this character)

Small. It's a standard dib pen as far as dimensions are concerned.

Hover level 4: Is unaffected by gravity, and moves by hovering at normal human speeds.

Drawy!(not sure quite what to call this so will leave it as is) It draws, on paper, on anything else, or just in thin air. Whatever it draws is quite real, and usually shares the same qualities the pen itself does, though can potentially be "alive" with a limited sort of intelligence. Say stick figures could walk, or even lift objects relative to their size. Anything drawn in thin air will collapse after some minutes, or at the pen's whim.

Ink reservoir: has a limited # of drawings it can produce before needing refilled but it is far larger than one would expect. Can do 300 drawings before a refill needed.

‘drawn in’: the pen can at will make enemies approach it if their mind stats are lower than its own. 

LOKI---

looks about twenty-five, black hair pulled into a ponytail, right eye is silver, left eye is dark green-blue with a slitted pupil, very tall and lanky with long legs Acts very cheerful, smiles a lot, but turns very mysterious and dark at times.

Body 10

Mind 9

Soul 5

attributes

Shadow-walker: able to teleport between shadows at distances up to 10 yards

Uncanny luck level 4: can avoid up to 10 points of damage dealt to her

Martial arts training level 5: knows most martial arts and can almost seamlessly shift between them. +3 to fighting skills.

defects

Amnesia: she always evades questions about herself because she doesn’t remember a lot about herself.

and of course wyv's 'adjustments'

Name: William Pompousissy

Secondary Occupation: intellectual sissy

Favorite Food: lima beans (hah!)

Favorite Color: Pink (HAH!)

Favorite Animal: Leech (HAWH!)

Body 10 (from carrying all the books to um...their respective shelves.

Mind 6 (sharper than most but still can be fooled)

Soul 7(strong willed and yet has his weak spots)

Attributes:

Position of Authority lv. 3 (big celebrity around librarians especially!)

Moustache can be detached and tossed as a fluffy projectile (the stash of DOOM!!!) makes enemies quake with fear as you escape.

Disguise lv. 1: tries hard but most times fails (sorry wyv couldn't resist)

Defects:

Pompous and Vain

Extreme Cowardice

Awkward Intellectualism

Inept Combat

Not so Fast

Not so Strong

Not so Tough

Owned by the Library (not so sure about this but what thu hey)

Excessive Pansy-ism

Sensory Impairment - he generally sucks at everything

Wanted - by the Akashan Library for filing books

*plunk*

The jawbreaker, swept up in Loki's near-translocation, fell again to the floor. Minta looked around at the noise, pounced on her candy, and only then looked up to find the long-limbed girl. "How'd you do that, that's neato!" said the gnomie, as she got back to her feet. Skellie lifted the trampoline off of its head with both hands, flicked off some patches of bird poop, unlaced the zombie gut holding it onto its frame, then fed gut and skin back onto its bones. The reassembled minizombie bends down to collect the rest of the prolonged picnic supplies, and its skin slides back off of its bones.

William Pompousissy glances over his revised character sheet as he approaches the other members of the questing party, only to pause at the sound of slithering flesh. He straightens his gray Librarian robes a bit, making sure the Akashan Library's crossed eagle quill symbol is clearly visible on the front, then lifts his head to inspect the scene. He snorts at the sight of the morphing minizombie, and grins as he spots the gnomish girl associated to it.

"Hiya Minta, watcha-" William Pompousissy snaps his jaw shut in mid-sentence and quickly clears his throat. He fiddles with his moustache a bit, accidentally turning it upsidedown. "Errrr, *ahem*, that is ehhh, allow me to introduce myssself to you all. The name is William Pompousissy, and I'm a big shot at the Akashan Library. That's right, THE Akashan Library. Don't go asking me for any Akashan Library cards though... those're reserved fer legends, immortals, demi-gods, and wyverns n'such."

William Pompousissy nods to the adventurers, then goes back to looking over his character sheet. He wags his scaly tail a bit in spite of himself as a mischievous thought pops into his mind, causing him to burst into a fit of snickers. The librarian turns his back to the adventurers for a moment and pokes a claw out from one of his gloves. He scratches out the '1' from his Body stat, then readjusts his glove and turns back towards the adventurers with a sneer, character sheet in hand.

"Asss you can all see, the 0 Body stat in my character statistics renders me immobile in all situations not involving profit." William Pompousissy drops to the ground and lies down, keeping only his wings in check as he spreads his weight. "I will need someone to carry me for the rest of the time. No need to fight over who will undertake the task... I will allow you to take turns with it if you so desire!"

;-)

"Immobile, eh?" Stick glances over the other gathered party members, then shrugs. "So I suppose you wouldn't be able to stop me if I did... this!" he exclaims as he reaches down to visibly shake Wyv... William fairly hard. Hearing the tell-tale jingle-jangle of coins, he roughly searches the large 'man' for his geld purse. Snatching it up, he adds "I suppose you'll need help carrying it, at least." Bouncing it in his hand a couple times, he attaches it to his belt, grinning wide.

OOC: Loki doesn't have amnesia. She just enjoys being an enigma :D

BIC: Loki vanished again and reappeared by Minta, smiling as always. She looked at Wy-er, William and raised an eyebrow at his shocked expression towards Stick.

She held her hands behind her head, grinning. "Looks like this'll be a fun adventure, eh, mate?"

She vanished and reappeared behind Wyv. . .I mean, William, and pulled a pen out of her pocket and started doodling on the back of his robes.

"Hey hey, hey, HEY!" William pounces up from his spot on the floor as he watches Stick fasten the last of the geld purse straps to his belt. Ran Yoko pouts as her mini-doodle of a cartoon lizard is cut short by a nostril, and her pen is swatted aside by an unintentional tail swap as William storms towards Stick. The "librarian" raises a glove and makes a swipe for his geld purse, lumbering forward under the weight of his robes and cursing as Stick easily dodges the attempt.

"Up already?" Stick grins and unhooks the purse from his belt, holding it up high and dangling it like bait. "Whatever happened to 'Body Stat 0'?"

"I'll have you know that thisss counts as a profit-bearing situation, young man! That purse will lead to the storing of more profits. Errrr... library donation profitsss, that is. Yes, no mortal should possess such a vital Library artifact!" William stands on his tip toes and stretches upwards in an attempt to grab the purse. He freezes up as a ripping sound drifts from the back of his costume, ceasing his stretching as he goes still. "Oh great, perfect... I don't suppose one of you kind adventurers might do tailor work parttime?"