The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Fall into life.

Whisky steps up nerviously though smiling... setting down her paper and clearing her throat... "Well here goes nothing.. hope you like it.. getting kinda tired of bein just an honored guest... as honrable as that is, not really my style, so here you are. Enjoy."

A splash of green

a dash of red

blots of purple

and bits of blue.

To cry like the broken hearted maiden

dance like water down the drain

sing as the bard under the moon

kiss as the lovers in the midday sun,

let passion step into its place

stain your jeans with colors of emotion

sink deeper into how you feel

and not just what you feel.

fall deep

fall slow

fall into the painting

Fall into Life

:)

Whisky keeps her head up straight and strikes a nervous smile as she finishes reciting her poem. A short moment of silence passes before Woody the Office Door begins slamming himself open and shut behind her in a wild round of applause. The door stops as it notices the bewildered expression on Whisky's face, and slowly closes itself in the hopes of having mercy on her eardrums. Whisky in Babylon frowns as she observes the desolate paper wasteland that seems to constitute the rest of the Office, sighing at the quiet rustle of the loose leafs. She turns to leave the Office when the sound of two claws clapping catches her ears.

"Bravo!"

Whisky in Babylon turns and watches as her application sheet seems to raise itself from its own paper pile, impaled by what appears to be the tip of a horn. Wyvern's scaly snout surfaces from the depths of the paperwork below, followed by his shark-like sneer. The overgrown lizard slams his tail on the ground to amplify his cheering, then steps up to Whisky with a shuffle of scales.

"Exxxcccellent poem. I can definitely see where you're going with this." Wyvern waves the application sheet in the air and sniffs at it for a minute, then nudges Whisky in Babylon with a scaly shoulder. "Ssspeaking of which, where was it that we last left off? Y'know, in that little talk we were having before that incident (the one that shall only be referred to as the 'Bathtub Tidal Quack' incident and shall never be described again)?"

Whisky in Babylon gulps and stiffens up as Wyvern begins circling her, scoping her out again.

"Ahhh yesss, that was it. You would be the perfect little model for Almost Dragonic Brand Laziness Lager.™ Just imagine, dressing in true play-nymph bunny style and making a cameo on the Almost Report to speak that magic ssslogan: 'Almost Dragonic Brand Laziness Lager™ - the gutrot that sleepless troll dreams are made of (note:AlmostDragonicIncconsidersdeathaprolongedformofsleepinlightofthisproduct).

' And the audience will salivate and think to themselves: 'wow, that's some really hot Whisky, I need to purchase that even though I'm not a troll OR an insomniac.' It'sss a no-fail scheme, Whisk! Waddaya say?"

Whisky in Babylon stares around the room for any other pennites in near reach, holding her breath as Wyvern extends a scaly arm around one of her shoulders.

"Given that 'honorable' isn't really your ssstyle, I have no doubt that you'd fit the role." Wyvern's forked tongue flicks in and out as he speaks. "We could make you a skimpy suite outta some o' the paper here and then paint it green, red, purple, and blue, just like yer poem suggestsss! We could even add a littl-"

Wyvern pauses as Woody the Office Door creaks open in a deliberatly loud manner, his grainy surface showing a growing impatience. Wyvern grunts to himself and digs out his application stamp, tagging Whisky in Babylon's application ACCEPTED. The overgrown lizard begins to hand it back to her, but rereads the third stanza and decides to fold it between his claws instead.

"I think I'll keeping this poem for a while, if that'sss alright." Wyvern glances both ways, then files Whisky's poem into the extra-private collection of papers that Norman the Runt had organized in his desk. He then clears his throat of a few ashes and turns back towards Whisk. "Now then, where werrre we..."

;-)

OOC: A very good poem and an ACCEPTED application piece, Whisky in Babylon. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I've definitely been reading and appreciating your contributions to the Pen in the past few weeks, and really hope that this is only the beginning of many creative works and collaborations to come. I hope that you find the Pen a very friendly and welcoming community to participate in, and look forward to getting to know you better. Once again, welcome!

"Yay I did it!... so very glad you enjoyed the poem..." Whisky glances around a hand on her hip eyeing Wyvern. Smirking slightly before giggling. "That is... it was the poem you enjoyed... yes?... well of course it was..." She pats his scaley head and turns to leave just as he gets to his idea.

She stops and turns.

"Hmm... model in skimpy outfits, highly degrading to any woman who had any respect for herself, all the while offending every creature man or woman, and causing trouble and stares wherever I went..." She is silent for a moment... "Sounds like a job not for the weak of heart. Mr Wyvern... I do beleive you have yourself a deal"

She again pats him on the head before she turns on one heel and heads off to do more Whisky like things, laughing softly to herself as she leaves. "thats some really Hot Whisky....ah thats good..."

(Thank you so much for accepting me! :D)

Edited by Whisky in Babylon