The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Fun with Stealth Sprites

Wyvern

Ryu hurried through the keep killing all the span-ja's (as he came to call them) he crossed. Hearing explosions and feeling a unrestrained energy he rushed into the room and with out stoping his faster than light-sound-and time speed rushed into the air vent and quickly caught up with the source. When he stopped he realized kikiyu black paws was here along with a poor looking Degorram.

"Um hi?" ryu said as he instinctualy tried to help Degorram sooth the power to keep it under controll(OOC: sorry if this is already done i don't quite understand this character.). "Iwas looking for you Kikiyu when i felt her power going a little out of hand...." Ryu turned to Degorram as she suddenly looked better and in more control of her powers. "are you ok??"

in the mean time Taura arives in the room with Wyvern and company and climbs on wyv's back before asking in an errie abysal voice, "Where has the master gone??" as wyv looks at her she gets a freaky grin on her face.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two cat-shadows peered out of a side duct, spectral ears clamped down against their skulls, tails a-fluff and clogged with air duct fuzzies, shortly after Wyvern had cannoned past. As minutes slid by, the trail of Almost Dragonic trinkets grew in the kitty consciousness, until one could stand it no longer and stretched out a nose to sniff the nearest object, then a paw to--the other cat's paw!

Rydia was walking in the same corridor with footprints, but had reached the "omg I give up, they're impossible to follow!" phase some time ago. All at once her ears pricked up, as they had in the private quarters, and she jabbed upwards at the noise with a broom handle!

CLANG!

"The air duct?. . . "

Kitties forgot their war over the toy and fled into another side passage.

Wyvern paused to catch his breath in the hopes of screaming his lungs out some more as he sailed down the airduct in style (hey, he was tossed by Orlan). Taura's deathly white robes caught up to Wyvern's back just as he rammed into Kikuyu Black Paws and the rest of the gang, sending them tumbling full speed ahead. Yue the ferret yelped, Degorram's thin form was yanked into a knot, Ryu kicked, Kikuyu kicked, Taura kicked, Miho kicked, Wyvern... got kicked a lot. The search party braced for impact as they made contact with another airlock grate, and the seven of them fell headfirst into an ancient cobwebbed chamber.

*coooouuuugh, hack* Ugh, ssssssorry." Wyvern wobbled his way back onto his feet and checked to see if the others were alright, only to perk his head up as he noticed the surrounding quarters. They were in the old Pen, with all its rarely accessed antiques and fragile story tomes. Not the best spot to be hunting for mischief-makers.

"To answer your quessstion, Taura, yer massster is prolly somewhere under Miho's left leg." Wyvern grunted as he helped untangle Yue's tail from Degorram's knot. "Lisssten everyone, be careful 'round here, we don't wanna break anything. This place is flooded with priceless memorabilia, best to keep your hands off anything that looks ancient."

"Hey..." Kikuyu Black Paws raised herself to her feet and lifted the carcass of the stealth sprite they'd been chasing from under her shoe. "Mission accomplished?"

"Lemme see that." Wyvern extended a claw and took a look at the remains of the stealth sprite, then twitched his snout and frowned. "Hmmmm."

"So that's the thing we were after?" Ryu stretched and shook his head in disbelief. "That was *way* too easy!"

"Hmmm..." Wyvern poked at the stealth sprite with a claw, then lifted it by its tail for all to see. "Doesss anyone here know how to perform stealth sprite CPR?"

The rest of the search party stared at Wyvern in disgust.

"Wha-?"

"Well, sssee, to get rid of stealth sprites, you're supposed to catch'em and scold'em." Wyvern and the others froze up as several tiny glowing eye slits began appearing around the dust of the ancient chamber. Wyvern loosened the scruff of his neck where Orlan had been tugging earlier and let out a *GULP.* "If you end up killing of one of'em, I think you kind of peeve off the rest of the sprites and get'em to focus on nassstier tricks. So either we get this little sprite back in good health, or we're gonna face the imminent ninja-related consssequences!"

As the surrounding stealth sprites began incanting a circle of numerous ninja minions, nobody noticed the faint sounds of meowing that grew closer and closer to the chamber...

• 2 weeks later...

Yue sighed, and told Wyvern to put the sprite on the floor, where she begins to perform CPR. After a few anxious minutes(mostly with the humans and not-so-humans sweating quite a bit), the sprite coughed. It then jumped to its feet and tried to run away, but Yue grabbed him and held him up to Wyvern.

"Now will you please scold this so we can all go to bed without worrying about waking up covered in spadex again?" she asked with an annnoyed look on her face.

"BAD sprite." Wyvern shook a claw at the sprite in Yue's hands with a stern frown, then lightened up a bit as the approaching circle of ninjas began to dissipate. He gave Yue a high-five, then grabbed an ancient wine carafe and sawed the bottom of it off with a claw. He raised the carafe like a makeshift loudspeaker and grinned, turning towards the other sprites.

"Alright you spritesss, listen up." Wyvern raised a claw in the air like a scaly preacher, ignoring the way that the carafe barely projected his voice. "You've all been naughty, missschevious, awful little imps. How dare you set such a bad example for sprites and ninjas everywhere with yer poor taste in practical jokes? Do you have any idea what an annoyance you've been to countless pennites? You should be asssshamed."

The ninja minions began dissolving into worthless spandex garments as the sprites in the chamber started hanging their heads and sulking. A few of the sprites tried to cover their ears and run before it was too late, but were thwarted as the two kittens that had been chasing Almost Dragonic trinkets pounced from behind a covered rocking chair. The cats began playfully knocking the little sprites back and forth with their paws, mewing in glee over their twitches and cries. The sprites raised their arms in a futile effort to defend themselves, leaving their ears open to Wyvern's scoldings.

"Really now, I'm going to call your mothers to tell her what a nuisance you've all been." Wyvern struck a victorious grin as the sprites began groaning and curling up into little balls on the floor. He glanced at one of his claws in a nonchalant manner, then breathed a little sigh. "You horrible, nasssty, foolish little pranksters. Yer all lucky I'm such a forgiving wyvern. I'm gonna let you go this once. But any sign of any of your antics around here again, and I swear that you'll have a much harsher punishment. Annoy us again, and I'll imprison you all and make you lisssten to a tape of me scolding you on repeat. Now AMSCRAY!"

The stealth sprites hopped to their feet and dashed off in all directions, each of them taking a different mini-exit to get away from the Pen. Cracks, open doors, pipes, ceiling fixtures, you name it. Wyvern crossed his scaly arms and turned to the others with a toothy grin.

"Well, that should take care of our ninja epidemic. All in a day'sss work." Wyvern dusted off one of his claws. "Thanksss fer all your help, folks. The real question now is what we're gonna do with all these leftover spandex uniforms... there's such a sssurplus that I don't even think *I* can market them."

The gang of pennites stared at the large pile of spandex and contemplated the impending clean-up job for a long moment in silence. Finally, Ryu cleared his throat a bit and pointed at the broken wine carafe in Wyvern's claw.

"Say, Wyvern... didn't you say that we shouldn't touch any of the priceless objects in this room?"

;-)

• 2 weeks later...

not waiting for wyverns reply Ryu started to browsed the shelves looking to see if there was anything to liven up his wait for kieko now that the ninja's were gone. maybe an enchanted board game like that jumanji thing would help. Ryu thought as wyvern stood there sheepishly mumbling some excuse for breaking the item, something along the lines of being an necessity at the moment. Suddenly a thought occurred to him. an evil looking grin appeared on his face as he looked at wyvern. "Hey wyv could we have a martial arts competition at the pen?? just think of all the cash you could make by having some food stalls, spectator tickets, hell even some competitor tickets.. not to mention souvenirs??" Ryu paused as the thought seemed to run around in Wyverns head.

Edited by mai takekaze

• 1 month later...

Later that night, Sora is laying on her bed, dozing. Her pets are asleep as well, having helped Sora dump all of the excess spandex suits out of her tower.

Sora is awakened by a scratching noise. She looks up to see something vanish under her bed.

"Blackjack!" she calls.

"Yeah?" the beagle asks, as he's already awake.

"Sic 'em!"

Blackjack disappers under the bed, followed by sounds of a scuffle. He comes out carrying a turtle in his jaws. Sora takes it and studies it. It's about five inches high, with two katanas strapped to it's back, and wearing a colorful headband.

"All right, what idiot put a spell on their TV to let the dang Ninja Mutant Turtles out into the pen!?" she yells.

In the Pen Keep, getting a good night's sleep seems more or less impossible. . .

OOC: sorry, I just couldn't resist something like this. please don't anyone think that you have to continue this crazy idea of mine.

Prior to Sora Hikari's discovery later that night...

Wyvern turns to mai with a sneer of razor sharp teeth, rubbing his claws together at the prospect of a series of Almost Dragonic Brand Blackened Belts™. The overgrown lizard sticks out his tongue as he grinds the estimates for initial sales figures through his head, then slithers up to mai and pats him on the shoulder.

"An interesssting idea indeed -one that dessserves its own Conservatory space, I might add." Wyvern sneers, then swings his tail and turns to exit the quarters of the old Pen. "Now if you'll excussse me, I need to go work on a prototype for Almost Dragonic Brand Cartoon-Enhancing 3D Contact Lensesss™. Not to mention find a test subject."

;-)

OOC: These are some great ideas for RP threads, mai takekaze and Sora Hikari, but I think that they're different stories and that they both deserve Conservatory threads of their own. :-) If you'd like me to move your last posts to seperate threads (or a seperate thread) in the Conservatory, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to do so. As it stands, I'm going to lock this thread since I feel that this particular story is completed. Thanks to everyone who participated!