A new conflict is brewing on the horizon

Bags were packed for a holiday

It snarled and said "not today"

She suffers with quiet grace

Sees only love on her husbands face

She carries on smiles and waits

With courage love hope and faith.

Edited by Regel

Nice poem, Regel. :-) The subject matter and emotional base of the poem are strong, and I like the elegent manner that you portray the woman in the last stanza. The first two lines of the poem also really grabbed my attention, and made for a very strong opening.

I thought there were points where the rhyme scheme resulted in a few words and images that felt out of place, particularly "despair on a shelf"... though if the shelf refers to a shelf of medication, it might be interesting there. I also felt that there were one too many adjectives in the last line of the poem, and you might consider dropping one of them or moving one of them to a seperate line.

Very nice, overall. Thank you for sharing this here. I hope that you're doing well, even with the sad insinuations of this piece. :-(

Hi Regel,

I echo Wyvern on the last line of the poem being over-burdened. I think three characteristics would fit better. I have to disagree with the scaly scoundrel over the line 'despair on a shelf' though, that stood out for me as a strong image.

I hope circumstances are improving for you, my best wishes,

Cerulean. :)

I do listen to the comments and while I agree with both Wyvern and Cerulean

that the last line is to say the least awkward, I can not remove any of the four. Perhaps the better phrase would be I will not. I have come up with an edit that I hope works better. Thank you all.

Sure rev, that advice has a point. At times.

Sometimes though, some people write to convey something particular.

Sometimes you can't just take out that thing which is in awkward place, because that awkward place is the one right place for it, awkward though it may be. And that particular thing might not mean much to the reader, but in general, I write for me, not for "you". If it's critical to me, I leave it. I'll perhaps try to find a way to fix the awkwardness, but if I can't, it's staying.