The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"Plaxica's Diary" by Patrick

Wyvern

I haven't played "Oblivion" and don't know much about it, but your diary story is a nice read so far Patrick. :-) My favorite thing about this narrative is the bitter tone that you add to Plaxica's perspective, as his contemplations on which race he hates the most and his venomous thoughts towards various people definitely give him that "evil breton mage" feel. Plaxica's reactions to the events that transpire are also interesting to read, particularly when things go badly for him.

In terms of potential ways to improve to the story: more description, characterization, and interaction between characters might make the events of the diary more engaging. I'm uncertain if accuracy was your main aim in recording the plot and events that transpire, but I see no reason why you couldn't add in your own bits of dialogue and description to give them more of a creative spin. :-) I'm curious as to how Plaxica views, interprets, and interacts with the other characters in the story.

Anyhoo, this is a pretty cool documentation of events so far. Thanks for sharing it. Out of curiousity, is "Oblivion" a linear plot driven game, or a massive online destiny type game?

Thanks for the comments Wyv, it's great to know that someone is reading, and enjoying this story. :)

About Oblivion: it's single player, but not really linear. Sure, the main questline is pretty linear, but there are a lot of sidequestlines and multiple choice quests.

I'll try taking your suggestions into account for the next installment (already played, just not yet written) best as I can.