The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Order

Black9

*The Order*

*Chapter one, Peasant Boy*

*Part one, The Woman in the Wheat*

Gather round, and allow me to regale you with a tale...no...a true story. It's a tale told by very few, for very few survived that final battle. It's the story of a peasant boy turned knight, a knight turned noble paladin...a hero turned warlord! Once, long ago. A time when there once existed a happy little village. Within this village lived a boy, a lad who was destined for greatness, but at this point he was merely a farm hand. Travis toiled within the fields...running loose like he always did. The boy had gotten many a beating for goofing off and leaving before the job was done. "Travis!" He could hear the voice calling to him in anger, not that it effected him anymore, he'd heard it a thousand times in the past. "Travis! Get back here this instant and finish your chores!" Travis just laughed, in reality he'd quite enjoyed the chase...the thrill...the action...the battle for his life! His mom stepped into the wheat fields with intent to kill...we'll maybe punish. The wheat in this region grew very well and often times grew to heights over a grown adults head, such was the case here.

"Catch me if you can, Mom!" Travis said with a laugh as a rustle sprang through the field. Melissa knew better then to try and catch him...she's tried many times before. The best way to get him was to just give up and wait for the lad back home. Without another word, Melissa returned home, postponing his punishment for another time. Travis, unaware of this fact, kept running and running and running! He ran until he came upon the a beautiful sight. It would have appeared that he'd made it all the way to the Royal Palace. The castle tower was all he could see as he leapt into the air as high as he could, but that wasn't all he saw. A woman smiled his way as Travis became scared and fell to the ground with a thud.

"Don't! Don't hurt me! I...I...I'll fight you!" The woman just laughed and donned another grin. The lad was chipper...this was for sure.

"The name's Crystal, and you don't have to worry, I'm not going to hurt you. What's your name?" Travis took to his feet and assumed a tough stance.

"My Name's Travis and I'm going to be the number one warrior in the entire region!" Crystal gave a chuckle and spoke in a rather mocking, but sweet voice.

"Oh, I believe you will, but how will you do so when you're even afraid of me? I could see the look in your eyes." This angered Travis. The boy was never one to back down from a challenge...not even when he was out matched. Travis took a swing at the woman...only to be caught off-guard when she caught his fist mid air. Travis gave a hissy fit and yelled out with anger.

"Let me go! Or I'll...I'll..." Crystal knelt down and looked the boy in the eye. She could tell that he was serious...that he was really willing to take her on...even if it did mean utter defeat!

"You'll what? Hit me? You already failed at that." She could see a blood lust his his eyes...a lust that she couldn't stop thinking about. It reminded her of herself in her younger years. "I can see you're, aren't you? Without the right training that could be a bad idea." Crystal let go of his fist as she smiled the boy's way.

"I...I...I don't need training!" With a tilt of her head and closing her eyes for a few moment, Crystal spoke.

"Alright then, if you won't ask...I'll just have to offer. Greetings, I am Crystal, Captian of the Royal Guard and trainer of the army." Travis's mouth fell open so fast that a fly almost flew in...before it was batted away by the wave of a hand.

"Cap...Captain? And you'll train me?" Crystal gave another giggle.

"Ofcourse I will, but you have to be willing to learn and do everything I ask." Travis thought about it a second and gave a grin of his own.

"I think I hear my mom calling me...see-ya!" With that the boy ran off...leaving Crystal to get back to her business.

"Cute kid!"

Edited by Black9