The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Something borrowed...Something BLUE...

Salinye

Somewhere on the property of Pen Castle near Annael’s Tree

Salinye weaved in among Annaels butterflies in order to see her face to face. “Hello Annael.”

The fallen angel looked up and smiled. “Hello, Salinye. How are you?”

“Fine, thank you. I was wondering, have you seen Finnius? He wasn’t in his chambers.”

Annael thought about it for a moment. “You know, I haven’t seen the little blue guy in a while come to think about it.”

Salinye nodded. “Yes, me either. Oh well, if you see him, will you tell him I’m looking for him?”

“Sure thing.”

“Thanks Annael, and it really is nice to see you.”

The Confessional

Walking in the door of the AVV Tavern Salinye smiled at Gyrfalcon who was standing behind the bar diligently cleaning the counter top. “Ranger, how did I know I’d find YOU here?”

He chuckled. “Oh, you’ve slave driven me in here for long enough to know I couldn’t let the job go if I wanted to.”

“Well, you make a good point.” She grinned.

“So what will it be this evening, Sal? Perhaps some Elven wine, or your usual cranberry juice?”

She shook her head to the negative quickly scanning The Confessional and its inhabitants. “Unfortunately, I don’t have much time to socialize. I’m actually looking for Finnius, have you seen him?”

The ranger slapped his bar towell over his shoulder as he replied. “Nope, I sure haven’t. Sorry, Sal. What do you need him for?”

“He’s late for our date.” She said matter of factly.

Gyrfalcon remembered an auction ages ago and raised an eyebrow. “Uhhh, does Finnius know he has a date to be late for?”

She waved her hand at him dismissively. “Of course not, but that’s a minor detail! The fact is he’s LATE!” She started heading out of the tavern and turned to comment over her shoulder, “Oh, and if you see him, please tell him….”

The ranger cut her off mid-sentence, “…to run for the hills?” He laughed at the look of indignation that crossed the mage’s face. “I know, I know…tell him that you’re looking for him.”

Salinye smirked. “Yes, thank you.”

The Library

Walking through the library and NOT getting distracted by all of the amazing books, tombs and scrolls was not a light or easy task for Salinye. However, when the mage had her mind on something, she could be quite driven. Unfortunately, the only inhabitant that she found in the library was Miss Yui Chan who at the moment was curled up in a cozy chair with her nose buried in a book. “Hi Yui!” Salinye smiled as she hadn’t seen her friend in quite a while and she was a sight for sore eyes.

“Hello Salinye San. Where have you been hiding?

“Ahh, now that is a story that begs to be told, but it will have to wait for another time. Have you by chance seen Finnius?”

“No, I’m afraid I haven’t. Sorry, Sal.”

Salinye sighed. “That’s alright. He’s proving to be QUITE the elusive fellow. If you see the little blue guy, will you tell him that I’m looking for him?”

“I will.”

“Thanks so much, Yui. We really do need to sit down and catch up sometime soon.”

In the Courtyard near the fountain

On her way into the keep she noticed Patham sitting on the edge of the fountain. She didn’t know him very well, but decided in taking a chance in asking him anyway. “Are you making a wish?” She smiled teasing.

Patham looked up, as his thoughts were unexpectedly sent off their course. "I was just thinking of a way to solve Mynx's flying lessons actually," he said with a smile.

Salinye leaned on the edge of the fountain thoughtfully. “Flying lessons? Now THAT is something I would love to hear more about when I have some free time, if you don’t mind.” The curious mage in her intrigued.

“I’d be happy to tell you more about.”

“Thank you, I’ll be sure to hunt you down later.” (If only he knew what he had just gotten himself into.) “In the meantime, have you seen Finnius?”

Patham thought back, but it had been quite some time ago that he had last seen him. "I'm sorry, but no. But if you do find him could you tell him that I also wanted to ask him a question?"

“Take a number!” Salinye laughed. “I’ll be sure to pass the message along when I’m through with him.” Something about the way she said “through with him” sounded a bit ominous. “Thank you, Patham. Don’t forget, you owe me a “flying lesson discussion”. She smiled once more and headed toward the keep doors.

The Search Continues…

Edited by Salinye

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile, halfway up the Mighty Oak

A little blue man snores silently in the branches, tossing precariously from side to side. Obviously, Finnius is not a light sleeper. He mumbles something about overdue membership fees and Wyvern not having had quite such a large mousetrap in his ownership before, and then rolls over, getting a facefull of leaves.

He splutters a bit, waking in a flurry of waving arms, tangled robes, and a bird that was working on making a nice nest in his hair pecks angrily, then flaps off to find better pastures, so to speak.

The effect of all this is to unbalance the poor fool, and he crashes with the expert non-grace of an accomplished faller for about fifteen feet, before landing in the Mighty Courtyard atop something warm, soft, and angry.

Finnius gives a sheepish grin, waves, and carefully stands up, dusting himself off.

"Hi, Sal! Erm... fancy meeting you here?"