The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Item Auction #1

Sweetcherrie added Patrick’s Item to her list, and decided that it would be time to start with the first auction. She mumbled something less nice when she had to duck for another pillow meteor, and walked towards the small auction stand. At least she knew that it must be an auction stand, but with the current setting it looked more like a floating rock.

She shook her head, and stepped up.

“Hear ye! Hear ye!

I will now start with auctioning off the items brought in by the penmembers and will simply go by the order of sign up.

You will get about 48 hours, from this post onwards, per item to bid. After this the hammer will go down on the highest big, and the seller will get his price, and the buyer his item.

Capice?”

She looked around at the crowd with a smile, and nodded to herself. She stepped off the stage, and grabbed the empty canvas that had been standing behind her, representing the drawing she would make. Sweetcherrie stepped back up, and held the canvas up.

“First item, a drawing of your character, by yours truly. Do I hear 10 geld?”

OOC: I know 48 hours is rather short, but 8 times 48 hours will get us 2 weeks down the road. You can bid IC (most fun of course ;)) but I can imagine that that might be a bit much, so short posts are accepted as well. Have fun ^_^

Wandering aimlessly through the Pen, Mynx stopped as she noticed a crowd forming around Sweet and what looked to be a floating rock. Realising what it must be, the feline changed her course of direction and began to move through the crowd until she was near the front.

Smiling when she saw the first auction up for bid, the feline raised her paw at the first call.

"Ten Geld!"

Still blinking from Wyvern telling everybody he would eat the wiggly cabbage if he would win Chiroq, Sweetcherrie turned when she heard the new bid.

“Oh my…that wouldn’t be an easy job, interesting, but not easy.” She though insecurely, but pointed the auction hammer at The Dreamer, and put on a big smile.

“15 geld for our ...err..handsome planewalker. Do I hear more?”

Sweetcherrie whirled around so fast that she nearly fell of her floating rock. By now the setting seemed to change as well, and in the distance she could see a cypress hill, and she wondered how they got into the setting.

She shrugged inwardly and swung her hammer towards Mynx, “Yes! 20 geld for the kitty! Do I hear 25?”

The Dreamer frowed, the map of scars he had been talking about shifting across his face like the scars had been a swarm of centipides.

"'Tis not like I 'xactly need th' geld for anythin' else. I offer 50."

He directed a hooded gaze at Mynx, not watching the auctioneer.

Sweetcherrie blinked. Had he really just said that? She hopped from one leg to the other, glanced at Mynx, and smiled nervously at the Dreamer’s expression. At the same time she heard bids coming from another direction, and she was somewhat relieved that she had more than one thing to do at the same time, and no time to think about this.

She lifted her auction hammer, “100 geld for Mister Dreamer! Do I hear more?”