The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

First an ooc question

A man with black hair to the middle of his back enters the office and looks around with wide copper eyes. not seeing anyone in the room he procedes to leave a note on the desk, "Wyvern's post states that the application can't have been posted previously.... so can it be used at a latter date????" With this he wanders off to examin the rest of this world while muttering about haveing to come back latter and speak with this 'Wyvern' face to face.

EDIT: oops i forgot i was going to do this ooc:P

Edited by mai takekaze

Greetings! Stepping in for Wyvern, since he's out of his office... and probably being chased by Melba or someone else looking for money he owes them...

*coughs* Anyway, we don't prohibit the posting of previously completed work - please archive anything you wish to share in the Library. If it's a piece that you've started but wish to continue and add to, the Assembly Room is the perfect place for stories, while the Banquet Hall is the place for poetry.

What we request is one original piece of work to serve as your application piece to join the Pen. It generally does not have to be too long, though we don't have any real minimum and maximum lengths. Also, you can then take the work in the application to one of the other rooms and continue it there.

I hope this helps you, Mai Takekaze, and that you enjoy your stay here!

The man from earlier renters the room and lookes at the reply. With a sigh he states, "Okay so now the hard part begins: what to write.....Well then I shall write of MY T'hera and of the history of Sakura."

OOC: this work is a rough draft and will be continuing to evolve throughout the years... also happy b-day Gyrfalcon:) and I appreciate the reply

the man starts to fill out the application. Name: Ryu Rei. Occupation: Mercinary. Age:21 (give or take a hundred years or so). Story:

"When the Deamon Lord Ragna arrived Appeared sixty-one years ago the world was thrown into utter and total chaos. Following close on his trail were the elemental masters of hell, lead by Mesuinu, the Mistress of Windthey conqured the world for thier dark lord. among the humans arose one with a pure heart and spirit with the strength to combat these monstrosities. The people called her Kyusashia, The Mistress of the Holy flame and others to show her rank as their champion. Ragna and Kuseisha battled for 40 years untill the fatefull day, twenty-one years ago, whenall creation on all planes in all dementions became entwined with the Unmei of these two. On that night they shed their mortal forms and saw each other as they truly were. Also on that night 'The Storm' ravaged Sakura. The residents of Sakura found two young children the next day and belived the children to have been birthed in the storm. The residents named the boy Ryu and the girl Keiko. The two children grew up feeling that they did not belong to this world T'hera, for their abilities with magic far outshined those of the humans. Their power could only nearly be attained by humans using the most powerful of all the magic amplifiers that were ever created. Also lending to their suspitions were the dreams they could neaver quite remember upon awakening; Dreams of heaven.....and of Hell."

As the man sets the application on the desk a young woman wearing a sleveless shirt and long skirt enters the office. Her hair is so blue it looks almost black and her eyes are the same color. She approached the man and as she removed her glasses asked, "Finished yet Ryu???"

"Yes, I had to chose a story to tell," Ryu replied with a smile.

"What story did you tell, Darling?" She asked with a look of suspition.

"One that we know very well," he said as he went to the door.

Edited by mai takekaze

Both Ryu and Keiko turn from the Office Door as the sound of a creaking void-window catches their attention. They stare across the Office space with wide eyes, ignoring its current ressemblance to a miniature version of the flaming plane of Khârzalar and focusing on the struggling heap of scales at the other end of the room. The two applicants rush over to the narrow void and pull on the tail that seems to sway back and forth from its depths, helping Wyvern squeeze through the window's tight crevice.

"Urgh, thanks." Wyvern rubs his KISS striped horns and lifts himself to his feet. He blinks twice to clear the dizziness from his eyes, then shakes Ryu and Keiko's hands in turn. "Sssorry for being a little late. Woody the Office Door hasn't been opening for me ever since I put his Mahogony Travel Log up for auction, and getting in through the Office window isss a little more tricky."

Wyvern strikes a toothy grin, then makes his way through the illusionary flames of the room and over to the kneeling punk khârzalarian that's currently posing as his desk. The lizard plucks the most recent application sheet from the creature's head and reads it over, then clears his throat of a few ashes and raises his claws towards the applicants.

"Hail --- Kyusashia

Hail --- Storm Ravaged Sakura

Hail... it's water turned painful

Twice Hailed be --- Sorry I'm Late

Another Small Profit --- Foreseen Debt

A Vow Before --- No Cash After"

Wyvern lowers his claws as he glances over Ryu and Keiko's twisted looks of confusion, then snorts a smoke ring and sighs.

"Sssorry about that, got a little carried away with the current Carnival Setting." Wyvern snatches a stamp from the khârzalarian's mouth and tags the application sheet ACCEPTED. "Seemsss you two have had quite a rough past, with that T'herian rejection and all."

Wyvern hands the stamped sheet to Ryu, then glances in both directions and hisses:

"Take this back to mai takekaze, and tell'im that it can be used at a later date just so long as he signs a contract that gives Almost Dragonic Inc. exclusive rights to future television spin-offs. This may or may not include a fantasy drama ('Windthey') and a ssssitcom ('Everybody Loves Ragna')."

With that, the overgrown lizard bows and turns to go, winking suggestively towards Keiko as he makes his way back to cramped void-window exit.

OOC: An ACCEPTED application story, mai takekaze. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :-) I look forward to reading more of your stuff here, as well as to roleplaying and interacting with some of your interesting-looking characters. I hope that you find the Pen and friendly and welcoming community to write in, and apologize for being a little late with my application response. Welcome, once again!

A little girl with bouncy curls runs into the Recruiter’s Office, and almost knocks over the black-haired man.

“Oops, sorry.”

With this she runs over to Wyvern’s desk and starts searching frantically through the paperwork on it.

“I’m sure I left it somewhere here!” She exclaims, and starts shifting piles of paperwork around on the desk. With annoyance she seems to give up and wants to run back out again, but then stops to peer at the newcomer.

Her eyes narrow, “Have you seen my magic black pen?”

The expression on his face stays blank, and Sweet shrugs, “Guess not then.” And with this she bounds out of the room, screaming a ‘thanks for letting me in Woody’ over her shoulder towards the door.

OOC: Welcome at the Pen Mai Tekaze, hope you’ll enjoy the community ^_^