Burning My Heart & Soul.

Dare Me To Walk Through This Fire,

I Will Not Falter.

What Will You Do When Im On Yourside?

Dont Let Me Down.

Dare Me To Walk Through This Fire.

I think that the title of this poem is very interesting, but I didn't feel that the contents of the poem reflected it much. Structure-wise, the repetition of lines and colors struck me as similar to your "Rain" poem, though the spacing and connection to rain in that one was a little more appealing to the eye. I'm not quite certain what this poem is trying to say at the moment, as on one hand the narrator is asking for a dare while on the other he's asking to not be let down. I'm sure that there's a very complex and interesting set of emotions behind this piece, as powerful and ambivalence emotions have become a trademark of your recent poems, but you may want to draw them out a bit more here with some elaboration. Out of curiousity, what element do letters play in this poem?

Thanks for sharing this here. :-) It's always nice to see you posting, and I appreciate you posting these works and channeling your hardships into poetry,

I understand what your saying. The title & the poem really have no revalance. I actually like the smaller second *title* better. Passion Burns. Fits more, I feel. The original title I got from listening to a song by Hawthorne Heights, in which that is part of the chorus, & it was fitting at the time cause when I originally wrote this piece it was only 4 lines long & was part of a letter I was writing to someone. So, thats where the smal elemental connection comes from. Later I decided to extend the piece. I also agree it needs some work. I shall hopefully tackle that later this week. Hopefully I can get it to flow better, like "Rain"