Warmth, supplied with good intention,

Only melts it away, helpless,

As it disappears between the cracks.

Await the lightning strike,

Priceless inspiration,

When the sinister clouds open up.

And once again, you dance in the storm.

Edited by Azuran

I like this poem, Azuran. :-) I think the metaphorical resonance of the last stanza is strong, with the lightning of inspiration hailing down in the storm. I also find the use of the word "sinister" in describing the clouds intriguing, as it seems to suggest that there's a certain element of darkness associated to inspiration (or at least one surrounding it). The description of the air as "hungry" also stands out to me, though some of the more extreme adjectives such as "Sublime" and "Priceless" strike me as a bit less important to the poem.

Very well done, overall. :-) I like the phrasing in this.

I really like this... though I'm actually unable to say exactly why. The two first stanzas give me a very clear image, and it's easy to see how they relate to motivation and how it sometimes go.

The last stanza surprised me, and still surprises, when I read it. It breaks the idea set by the previous ones, but I feel it fits somehow. It is like a pause, a change in focus - from motivation to inspiration. I told you before, and say again, that it confuses me somewhat though I like it. I've read this some times, and I'm always smiling by the last verse. :)

About the use of sublime - I caught the meaning you intended, but it might be because we were talking just a few minutes before this and you used that word. Given the setting/words you used here, I might have caught it without that cue... but then, I'm used to chemistry terms...

Very nice poem, Az - thank you for sharing :)

Edited by Tanuchan