The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Untitled

I don't post as frequently as I would like. Often due to work, but more often due to lack of inspiration. This is just a rough scribble of thoughts, so please don't take it as a completed work. I will be trying to come out of the darkness a bit more, and to become a more common presence around the Pen.

Magnesium flare

Nothing can extinguish

Burning hot and pure

An intensity like no other.‎

Submerged,‎

Drawing breath from the water

Bringing daylight to darkness

As it descends.‎

Shadows dance

Entwined together

Falling back

Retreating from the blaze.‎

Is it just that, a flare?‎

Or will it linger on

Becoming more?‎

Only time will know.‎

I really like the image of this poem, Lone Shadow. :-) The depiction of the flare creeping below the water definitely held my attention, particularly with the dancing shadows that move away as it descends. Having said this, I'm uncertain if I understood the implications of the final stanza, as it struck me as a bit vague. You might consider expanding the stanza or simply changing "more" to something more concrete to fufill this poem's potential.

Nice wording and imagery, once again. :-) Thanks for sharing this, it's nice to see you posting.

Thanks for the quick reply Wyvern, and for your appreciation. I've revised the last 2 lines on your suggestion, but I'm not sure these fit any better than the original -

Is it just that, a flare?‎

Or will it linger on,‎

Brilliance etched ‎

Into Time itself? ‎