The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Application will eventually go here, but I have questions.

A - Is a song allowed, B - Am I allowed to post rough drafts, C - Am I allowed to try more than once?

Work in Progress - the last line is weak, and I don't know if it's up to snuff.

TITLE: "The Balladeer's Warning"

TTO: "Once Upon a December"

Fires burn,

Waters flow,

Over land that is war-torn,

Songs I sing so you'll know

Of a time that is long gone.

Gods and Goddesses so great,

Multiplying at such a rate,

Nothing could withstand their might,

And halt their final fight…

(musical interlude, montage of gods and goddesses battling)

Gods and Goddesses so great,

Multiplying at such a rate,

Nothing could withstand their might,

And halt their final fight…

Waters burn, fires flow,

Land and air torn asunder,

Till at last,

Calm did grow,

From then on till forever…

Songs I sing,

So you'll know

Of a time gone forever.

Edited by Evangeline

(A beam of light, the color of mashed peas, descends from the ceiling, deposits the naked mage in the center of the light, and retracts. She drops to the ground the instant the light lets go.)

Oof! Teach me not to put my shields back up when I leave here. . .

I smell rules, and I'm here on retainer.

A: Any work written originally for the Pen site (no reposting) is accepted. (A PG-13 work would have to be moved to the appropriate room, which isn't visible to non-members usually, but we have made arrangements for such works in the past. Don't think any of those people are still around, though.)

B: Don't think it's been done before, but why not? Some application pieces have been re-written two or three times, even during the application process. I would ask that you put the succeeding drafts in new posts instead of editing the old, just so we can watch the revision at work.

C: The re-application record is four or five times. I can't recall who it is, but someone shows up once every year, keeps forgetting he-or-she's a member already, and re-applies. Wyvern, being what he is, collects a new application fee each time, and someone has to 'convince' him to give it back each time.

D: If you have an attack of ill-conscience, you have the power to delete your own posts, even as Honored Guest. If you delete the first post in a thread, the entire thread gets deleted, so please just empty the text block of those posts instead.

Z: Power down your shields. They're not necessary here.

(Tzimfemme looks around then, realizes what room this is, and leaves in double-time before Melba ((the Almost Secretary)) decides to share some more hen night stories. . .)

Thanks for the clarification! Except the last one, and the one before that - D and Z. Could you explain a bit more about D, and just plain explain about Z? ^_~

EDIT:

This is the FINAL DRAFT. Last line is fine, I've decided.

Evangeline paces back and forth in the Recruiter's Office as the time ticks by, her thoughts consumed by the Elder of Initiates' absence and the meaning of 'Z.' Melba's voice drones on in the background, echoing from her position at her desk in the corner of the Office.

"And then, the hen knight gavaltzed the evil poacher, saved her chicklets, and came home, where the other hens threw her a huge party. They hired many dancing cocks for the occa-"

"Ms. Melba, do you know when Wyvern will be arriving?" Evangeline turns towards the Almost Secretary and stomps a foot. "This is really intolerable."

Just as Evangeline says the word "intolerable," the door of the Recruiter's Office swings open and Wyvern dashes in. The overgrown lizard performs a quick bow, then snatches up Evangline's application from his desktop and skims over the preliminary remarks. He flashes a toothy grin in Evangeline's direction, then clears his throat of a few ashes and breaks into an amelodic song.

"A B C D E F Geeeee," Wyvern steps towards Evangeline as he sings. "E L D J M O N E... Y. Now you know my A B ssssCs, next time I might sing for freeeee."

Evangline twists her face and raises a brow as Wyvern extends a claw.

"That'll be 12 geld."

"Errrrr." Evangeline shakes her head and stares at the lizard as if he might be insane. "What about my application?"

"Wait, lemme check it out." Wyvern reads over the poem on Evangeline's sheet, then nods and shivers at the second reference to water. "Yep, I'm afraid that you won't find any Godsss here either, though we may have a few Demigods to talk to here and there. Now, if you'd please hand over that song fee, we can-"

Wyvern freezes as he notices Melba featherdusting the Anti-Wyvern Mallet at her desk, long forgotten but just as blunt-looking as ever. He strikes a nervous grin, then quickly stamps Evangeline's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application song, Evangeline. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I hope that you find us an friendly and welcoming community to share your writing with. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work and participating with you in community events. Once again, welcome!

(Tzimfemme slinks through the doorway, trying not to touch the door. It tends to become animate at the most inconvenient times. . .)

D answered the unspoken questions in the topic subtitle. Hypersensitive? Maybe, but last month I deleted one of my works-in-progress and also destroyed the commentary--Wyvern's actually. The mistake is fresh in my mind and I wanted to prevent it happening again. Z refers to this entire point-by-point type of conversation.

Does this mean that we now CAN delete our own topics? Because I seem to remember that this was not possible unless you were an Elder, aka board administrator... just wondering, wrong place for it probably.

*waves at Evangeline* Welcom to the Pen. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Sorry for asking questions where I shouldn't, but still do. ^_^;

Evangeline shook her head to clear it of the Imperius fog.

"You have really got to stop cotrolling me... it gives me a tremendous headache." But she smiled anyway, to take the sting out of her words.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much! I'd be more than happy to oblige! ^________^

*dances away, muttering, "happy happy happy!" under her breath as she smiles until her cheeks hurt*