The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

10,000 Miles Apart

Tasslehoff

This is a quick, forced rhyming poem I wrote for a friend+ ( I put the plus cause we are more than friends, but just friends right now due to life. Get it, no? Niether do I! :lol: ) I was thinking about adding to it.. Seems so ruff and so forced.. I titled it 10,000 Miles Apart, cause currently, I am 10,000 miles apart, forward deployed.

The Longer I Stay Here, The More I Miss You,

You Are Worth More Than They Let You Know,

Soon I Will Be Right There, Together We Will Fight Through,

Dont Fear These Words For They Arent Hollow,

Just Take My Hand & Follow,

I Will Not Lead You Into The Wrong,

Keep Your Head Up & Stay Headstrong

Edited by Tasslehoff - AngelXIIX

Nice little piece, Tasslehof. :-) It reads sort of like the lyrics to a song to me, and I like the heartfelt message of maintaining relationships over long distances. The only thing that felt a bit out of place to me was the word "Headstrong" in the last line, since it's an adjective that's usually used in negative contexts and didn't seem to fit the mood of the rest of the poem to me... though perhaps that's what you had intended with it. Out of curiousity, is there a reason behind the capitalization of every word?

Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear from you. :-)

I see how the word headstrong does stand out, but I happening to be listening to Trapt at the point of that piece & well.. Headstrong.. It just kind of stuck..

As for the capitalization there is no meaning. Its just a small anal quirk I have of mine when writing small notes, etc...