The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Free Web Hosting?

Hey, before I plunged into searching on the vast reaches of the 'net, I figured I'd ask around here first.

Where is a good place to go for free webhosting? I was going to try geocities, but well, they're a pain. I figure I'm going to re-teach myself the basics of html and that should be good enough for now. I don't want to say anything about right now, but I have a possible project coming up, and I'd rather have my own webspace to do that. I'm not going to make any big announcements when it's ready, because that usually leads to disappointment, but stay tuned...

Ah well, no answers so far, no biggie. I'll work with what I've got. I'm still not saying what my plan is, however, I'm so excited, I've gone and hid two easter eggs around the pen somewhere. The first one is really close from here, and the second is obvious if you think of it.

Since it's christmastime (or any other holiday someone would celebrate this time of year...) I suppose they'd be christmas eggs? Anyways, hope I give someone a good laugh when they find them.

Hiya BP...

I don't know much about webhosting, as I've never had a site of my own, but if I was going to do such a thing it seems to me that in all actuallity, given the hoops and pains many 'free' sites are famous for, that it would be better to cough up the small monthly amount for a space legally your own, rather than be subject to the whims and conditions of the alternative.

In all my years one thing that's been truer than most is you get what you pay for...

just my two sense...

Good luck on your project. :)

• 2 weeks later...