The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Panic.

So. This is my application poem. It's a "can't sleep" piece.

Mind is racing

Out of control

Heart is beating

Faster faster

Wits are scattered

Everywhere

Your heart breaking

And I don’t care

done this to me

you have before

my head fall off

ly on the floor

shatter scatter

cry and be tears

if you me see

Maginfy fears

heart hurt badly

run doctor now

die of sadly

posible can now

head spurt eyes hurt

dark noise hear black

without here you

run away back

mindcontrol

heartrace

fastscatter

eyesblack

heartbreak

backnow

fallaway

breakneck

shatterscatter

Panic.

I tried to make the thoughts and format progress as the person's panic did, but I'm sure you realized that :) The typos and misspellings are all (I think ;)) purposefully done.

Leolanar leans back in his applicant easychair and shuts his eyes, letting the cushions of the seat carry his weight and suppressing the thought of his "can't sleep" poems. He begins to doze off to the gentle ticking of the Rolodex clock in the corner of the room, only to pounce out of his seat as the Office door slams open with a crash. Wyvern fumbles into the room in sideways jerks, leaving a trail of loose, soup-stained "stick-its" in his path. Sweetcherrie steps to the side as the lizard grabs Leolanar's hand with a wet claw and shakes it in frantic twitches. The reptilian Elder strikes a toothy grin, then reaches to his snout and pulls a "stick-it" tag from it.

"'Greet new applicant.'" Wyvern reads the stick-it in a slow hiss, then crumples it and tosses it to the side. He perks up and nods at Leolanar, patting him on the back. "Welcome to the Mighty Pen, sssorry to keep you waiting."

Wyvern seems to blank out after making the statement, and casts panicked glances left and right. He reaches for another stick-it on his shoulder and clears his throat of a few ashes.

"'Read over applicant's application piece.'" Wyvern sniffs at the little paper, and pops it into his mouth at the scent of soup. He then snatches up Leolanar's poem and buries his snout in it. After a few moments of reading, the lizard nods and lets his tongue hang loose. He reaches under his armpit and pulls out another stick-it, causing Leolanar to cringe at the stench.

"'React to application piece.'" Wyvern tears up the paper and sprinkles it on the floor. He flashes another grin in Leolanar's application. "Certainly a poem I can sympathize with, 'ssspecially in recent times. Y'know, I never thought of the wit being scattered like that. Gimme a sec to check for it."

Leolanar raises a finger as Wyvern drops to the ground and begins shoving through stacks of paperwork and dirty laundry. He opens his mouth to speak as a large stack of envelopes comes crashing down and a chair topples over. The reptilian Elder eventually emerges from the wreckage of the search with what appears to be a discarded candywrapper.

"Close enough to almost dragonic wit," hisses the lizard, winking to Leolanar as he tosses the wrapper towards an overflowing trash can and misses. "Now then, next up isss, errrrr..."

Wyvern pulls a stick-it from behind his right horn.

"'Accept/Reject.'" Wyvern folds the note into a miniature paper airplane and sends it sailing in the direction of Melba's desk. "Accepted, of course! Now, where did I put that stamp."

Wyvern rummages through his disaster of a desktop until he finds the acceptance stamp and brands Leolanar's application poem ACCEPTED. Having completed the acceptance process, the overgrown lizard scratches his rump in satisfaction, only to find another stick-it note there. His eyes widen as he reads over the paper, noticing the trail of smoke rising to the ceiling of the Office.

"'MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT OUT THE FIRE ON YOUR TAIL.'"

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, Leolanar. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I hope that you find us a very welcoming and friendly writing community, and look forward to reading more of your poetry and other creative writing. Once again, welcome!