The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

...More time being taken...Stopping by and....

*sits down, takes a deep breath, and starts typing*

Good morning everyone, how goes? All is better than usual with me, and I hope is no less good for all of y'all. I'm currently sitting at a computer in the library on campus right beside my beautiful girlfriend. At the moment she's 'helping' me with an essay that's due in a little over an hour on a subject I have a hard time doing more than just sneering at. She's doing fine, too. We've been rather happier than normal a lot more often lately than usual, and I can't claim to know why, but I'll not complain. So I gues I'll go on to another topic, as I'm sure you don't all want to hear about my girlfriend and I as much as I might be inclined to brag about her....

Classes: Oh, they're going great. I have an A in Math 105 so far this time, as opposed to the F I got last time I took the class, and I'm currently skipping that class for the first time this semester. History could be better, but then again, what couldn't? I'm retaking Beginning Design, being as last time I didn't get a high enough grade, and am doing worlds better there. English is kicking me in the shin, as for all the creating I can do and easily, all the writing that I cna do with little prolem, I can't write an essay for the life of me. But most interesting of all is my other class. Video Game Development. That's right. We're using the Far Cry engine, as far as we know, and we haven't gotten the 3D imaging software yet, but that's ok: The class goes on through next semester, and I'm going to, when I have the time this weekend, be going and downloading them for free. Thank you internet.

Other stuff: Still no license, or insurance, but guess what? I have a job now! I work at a hardware store, minimum wage, of course, but hey, the hours haven't started to kill me yet. I get in three hours a day from Monday to Friday, beign as it closes at 7 and I can't be there any sooner than 4, and I think I get every other weekend off. And that's good, because I owe my mom some $400 thanks to that scholarship I lost thanks to that Math class I failed. But of course, I get enough time after work to do other things, like eat and talk on the phone or something, use my computer (but not the internet, as we haven't yet got a router OR fixed the wires). I've been eating very good lately: You remember that Katrina storm that passed through Mississippi and almost killed New Orleans? Yeah, she did us absolutely nothing but make our fence lean. But Rita came through, and, once again, did us nothing. HOWEVER, she did put about fifteen inches of water in my grandparents house, so our three bedroom house with the living room and whatnot barely enough room for my immediate family (five people-My dad by the same name of me, mom, older brothre and younger sister) is now also housing one of my cousins, an uncle, and my mom's parents. We don't have much room, but they stay out of my room, so that's good. And they'll be with us until their house is liveable in again. But I'm away from my house for about twelve hours a day, so that's ok. Work is close enough to my house to ride a bike, but still far enough to get a workout every day, as it's about a mile between the two, and only takes about eight to ten minutes to get there.

I've been trying to stop by here for some time now, but can't ever think of anything to say or whatnot, so...Yeah.

And as for that thing down there by the Yucatan, she's going to Florida. Cause if I have spend another week or more not at my house, or with no contact with anyone (specifically my sweet Beth), and have to end up making up more classes, I'm going to STAB THE INTERNET...er....THE WEATHER CHANNEL IN THE FACE.

Which reminds me: When Katrina was bearing down on us, and Jim Cantore was over there in Biloxi, one of my aunts got a picture taken with him. AFTER the storm passed, she got herself a picture of of her and Bush, and her crying.

Lesson here? Stay away from this Jim Cnatore guy, he's a Hurricane Magnet. (He's always where the storm hits! [My dad says it's because the Weather Channel actually knows where it's going to hit, MOm says it's because he's a magnet for them.])

Ah well. Have a nice day!

And may the Force be with you!

Wyvern scurries into the Cabaret Room upon noticing a slight pause and ripple in the movements of his quill across a tax rebate document. The lizard throws his arms in the air when he finds Xaious sitting on a large box containing the latest Pen roll call results. Wyvern grins as he approaches Xaious, and grasps the time traveler's hand with a claw.

Good to hear that things are looking up in your life and that you're keeping yourself busy, Xaious. :) Always remember to make an argument and to have an introduction, body and conclusion when writing an essay. They'll become easier when you get used to the structure and outline of essay assignments, I think. Congratulations on the job, the girlfriend, and the academic success,... may things continue to look up for you. :-) Never be afraid to post here and keep us updated!

With that, Wyvern takes out a whistle labeled "Absent Pennite Life Update" and blows a low horn sound from it, then digs a claw into the Pen roll call box where Xaious sits in the hopes of finding a lead to his missing Almost Dragonic Brand Magic Portal™.

Caralyn saunters into the Cabaret Room with a certain air of grace. She spots Xaious and Wyvern nearly shaking his hand to death. She approached the bar and ordered a mug of the finest ale. After paying the bartender, she made her way to Xaious.

It's nice to see you again Xaious.

She offers him the ale.

Glad to see things are looking up for you. Please keep us updated as often as possible. :)

• 2 weeks later...