The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Trapped

Sarah: Anna, the window’s stuck!!

Anna: So is the door.

Sarah: It won’t move? At all? You mean… we’re seriously stuck in here?

Anna: For good.

Sarah: What is WRONG with you? We’re stuck in here and you’re just sitting there making faces at me? What good will that do?

Anna: I… I can’t move.

Sarah: Why NOT? You’re not stuck to the floor. I don’t see a gun to your head. I don’t…

Anna: Sarah! I… I… I have… to pee…

Sarah: But we’re about to DIE!! No TIME for peeing!!

Anna: It’s not my fault.

[Front door opens and closes faintly]

Anna: Did you hear that?

Sarah: Yeah, is that your brother?

Anna: (Jumps up and runs to the door) Riley!

[Faint Door Slamming Shut.]

Anna: No. All I wanted… (Sits down again) is a cookie.

Sarah: A cookie? We’re gunna die and you want a cookie?!

Anna: I like cookies.

Sarah: You are an idiot. I am stuck here in my death room with an idiot.

Anna: And you’re mean.

Sarah: So! At least I get what I want.

Anna: I get what I want, too!

Sarah: Except for when you let people walk all over you.

Anna: I do not.

Sarah: You do! Face it! GAH! We’re stuck here and we’re about to starve to death and all we can do is sit here and fight?

Anna: I WANT A COO…

(Anna’s mom, Holly, opens the door.)

Holly: Are you two okay in here?

Sarah: Uh, yeah.

Holly: Goodness! It’s burning up in here! (Goes to open the window.) You locked the window? You haven’t done that since the neighbors got robbed.

Anna: Oh yeah.

Sarah: You freak! It was just locked?

Holly: (On her way out.) Oh yeah, Anna, will you take out the trash?

Sarah: Not until after she pees. She’s been whining for hours.

Anna: (realizes she had to pee really bad.) GOTTA PEEEEEEE!!!! (Dashes out.)

Sarah: (swings the door a bit.) The door opens IN you nerd! (Calling to Anna then walks out.)

[Toilet flushing sound the blackout]

Broken Inside fidgets in her applicant easychair and clenches at the armrest with tense fingers. Her eyes dart from the mountains of paperwork to the window to the cluttered desktop to the uncluttered desktop to the neat-lookin clock to the paperwork to the door to the overstuffed drawers to the window. She hops out of her seat and begins pacing through the Office, touching and brushing over every object she approaches. She freezes upon arriving at the Office clock and clutches at it, moving her face inches away from its frame, her eyes glued to the ticking second hand as it approaches the numeral 12.

"Sssorry for keeping you waiting!"

Broken Inside jumps as Wyvern slams the Office door behind himself. The lizard strides into the Office and begins sorting through his messy desktop, tossing crumpled paperwork left and right. He perks up as a groan comes from the direction of the Office idoor, and shakes a claw in the direction of the door.

"That's what you get for trying to jam on me in a time of need, grain-face."

The groan is cut short as one of the desk drawers flies open on its own and slams into Wyvern's knee. The overgrown lizard yowls in pain and hops around the desk, then reaches for Broken Inside's application and pulls it from the corner of the piled paperwork.

"Interesssting." Wyvern reads over the page and folds it. "Stuck windows. Well, at least they're better than stuck door-"

Wyvern holds his scaly tongue as the desk seems to move an inch in his direction. He lets out a nervous laugh, and turns towards Woody to apologize only to watch as the door flies open again. Wyvern stutters and backs away as two children soar into the Office, chattering in loud voices.

"Want a cooookiiiiiiiiiiieeeee."

"Oh come on, we're gonna be stuck."

"Cookie cookie cookie!"

"Idiot! Let's go before-"

Wyvern cringes as the two adolescents crash through the Office, knocking over one paper stack after another. The overgrown lizard bites his scaly lip and thinks fast, grabbing a leftover Tanuchan comfort cookie and waving it in the air. Having caught the girls' attentions, Wyvern tosses the cookie into the depths of the underused Office closet. The lizard watches them rush in, then shuts the aged closet door, seals it with a large lock, a d turns and stamps Broken Inside's application ACCEPTED. He hands the sheet to Broken Inside, and cringes as muffled voices echo from within the closet.

"Great, now look what you've done!"

"I have to peeeeeeeeeeeeee."

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Broken_Inside. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I hope that you find us a kind and welcoming community, and look forward to reading more of your work as well as participating with you in community events.