The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Mighty Pen News!

Vlad

The Mighty Pen banner appeared on television sets across the keep, heralding another News update. As the trumpets die down, the banner fades away to reveal a portly fellow with a cigarette in his mouth sitting behind the news desk.

"I'm Joe. An electrician here," he chewed on his tobacco, and let out a slight cough.

"Vlad's outta the studio today, something about Breakin' News from one o' da guilds. Imporant stuff, Quill Bearers only," he continued. Joe lifted his thick arm to scratch the bald spot on his head. A few hairs fell out, but he didn't notice. "Buncha peoples got Lost, ya know."

"Anyways, here's da News:"

Quill Quests! -- Sweetcherrie is still working on the Pen Gazette! Good reading to be had by all!

Promotion! -- A new Troubador takes her place, stop by and say hello!

Roll Call! -- Lose all those weenies, or avoid getting another one by writing a sentence or three in the Annual Roll Call thread!

Game Design! -- There's a game in the works, a project led by Valdar. It promises to be fun, so go ahead and create a few cards of your own!

"You guys got all that? Because I'm not repeating anything. Oh, did I mention there's a carnival? Yea, well, there is, and anyone can jump in."

Joe shuffles the papers in front of him, clearly looking for a missing headline. "Oh, where'd it go? He said it's da most importan' one..."

Triumphantly lifting a sheet of paper above his head, Joe inadvertantly reveals a rather large armpit stain on his yellow shirt.

Start thinking about Haloween, because there's a special surprise in store for all y'all this year!

"Alright, now that we've got the news covered, I can show off my real talents!"

Having made his bold statement, Joe jumps onto the table and begins to make farting noises with his hand and armpit. Yes, the soaked one.

...aaaaand, CUT!

Key:

Green = Open. Orange = Initiate+. Purple = Quill-Bearer+.