The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"Bubble" by Valdar

Gyrfalcon

Valdar - I just wanted to say that I enjoyed what you've written so far a lot. *grins* I just love the poor demon footsoldier - Bubble. *laughs*

Otherwise, good job explaining to the non-WoW audience what a Voidwalker is and generally does, though you might want to include a brief physical description of it somewhere... perhaps Mereana tries to pit hers against Valdar's demon soldier. *evil grin*

Looking forward to reading more of this. :)

Bubble is meant to be a short story of 1 or 2 posts only. I may add an epilogue/aftermath, but I still have my eyes on finishing Shiny!, even if it requires a gap between where it terminates and where I can start again. It should be only 2 or 3 posts to the end.

Thanks Gyr, though I doubt Mereana would even dare try ;)

A Voidwalker is a WoW thing? o_O I didn't pick up on that reference, but I do agree that the description of Voidwalkers was good and fit into the story well.

I'll just echo the comments of others by saying that I really enjoyed this piece, Valdar. ^_^ I found it thoroughly entertaining and very funny from start to finish. One of the things that I really liked in this story was how you intigrated Valdar's comic and childish attitude into such a serious setting, as his reactions to his studies and the summoned demon were hilarious given the context. I also loved a number of the original details you used, like the stick figure doodles that come alive and rearrange the gylphs on the page. Mereana "Voidrender" was also a wonderfully arrogant teacher, and it was great to see her get her just dues. I'm hoping she'll make a cameo appearence in some future story. ;-)

This short story gets a big fat seal of recommendation from me, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading future Valdar stories. ^_^ (as well as the continuation of "Shiny!")