The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Dwarves and Elves

Gwaihir

Ah don’t know wha’cher thinking ‘bout me, but I ken certainly guess. You’ll be thinking what all of ‘em are thinking. ‘haps you’ll be looking at me straggly hair or my missing teeth. Yer eyes don’t suggest it though, so could be you’re noting the unmatching shoes or raggedy trousers. Yer that sorta type. Ah don’t be caring though. On this whole island there only be one person whose ‘pinions Ah’d take notice of and them’s Miss Mirowiyr’s. She’d be the only elf in this damn parts who stopped to speak to the weird old dwarf with the ahccent.

See this shirt Ah got on? That’d be what she did give me. It’s yellow—the color of her hair and the color of ma puir youngest daghter’s. It’s the only damn thing Ah own that looks right nice. They trahed to take it from me they did. Just yesterday—tall stuck up guardsman grabbed me and asked where Ah’d stolen this from! Guess he’d be the other elf who’s spoken to me, but Ah daresay Ah’d be wishing he hadn’t. Took me near on half a day just to argue with them’s damn fools--just to be keeping this here shirt on mah back! Don’t know if Ah even would have won on mah own. Said they were goin’ to throw me into the lockup for the naght and woulda done it too. Probably just to make a guy mahd! Fanally a servant of the Ladee Mirowiyr’s happnned to be coming bah. Said that she knew the Ladee hadda given me this shirt. Dam fools! Eh, they’re comin’ to move me on now—never let a guy be staying in the same place fer too long. Says I be making the place ugly.

Get you going or we’ll kick your ass over to prison. You’re a fat old man—fat like a teddybear. Run along!

Ah’m going, Ah’m going!