The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Community

Q: What is the PM system and how do I send PMs?

A: The PM (Personal Message) system is a way of contacting a member on the board privately with a message.

To send a PM to someone, click on your User Name in the upper right corner, and choose the Personal Messenger(PM) option. In the upper right, click on Compose New. Type in the member's name in the "Recipient's Name" box, and your message in the large white box at the bottom.

Alternately, you can click on any member's name to view their profile, in which an option to PM them should be listed.

Also, if someone has PMed you something to which you wish to respond, there should be a "reply" option at the end of the message.

Q: And how can I read PMs sent to me?

A: PMs sent to you can be found by clicking on your User Name in the upper right corner, and choose the Personal Messenger(PM) option. Your messages will be listed, most recent on top.

When you receive a new message from someone, a separate window with that message in it should pop up on the screen as well. If it doesn't, you may turn that on by editing your Profile Settings.

Q: What is the Chatbox and how can I use it?

A: The Chatbox is an immediately updated area in which people may feel free to toss out any idle comments, or general thoughts, they have. It is found at the bottom of the screen.

Type in your name on the upper line, and whatever comment you wish "to shout", then press the 'enter' key on your keyboard, or click on the 'Go' button to the right of your shout.

• 4 months later...

Q: Now that I can contact other members, who can I ask about the Important Decisions here?

A: All of the biggest decisions are made by the membership because that's who they will impact the most.

A proposed change or decision usually begins as a discussion in the forums. If a group consensus is not reached, then the issue will go to a vote among those designated as the voting membership.

Functional or Structural changes may be decided by the Elders, advised by the Ancients, and are implemented by the Admin. In rare case of a tie, the Loremaster holds the deciding vote.