The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Getting Started

Q: How do I register an account at the Pen?

A: To register an account on these boards, click the "register" option at the top of the screen and fill out the small information form provided there. It shouldn't take more than a minute or so, and before you know it you'll have an account here at the Pen.

Edited by Tanuchan

Q: Now that I'm registered, where can I post?

A: Basically, you can post anywhere you'd like to. All of the forums that you see are designed for publicl use. Although public, most do have a specific purpose, so don't panic if your posts are moved. The moderating staff are just trying and keep everything clean and organized!

The Cabaret Room is a general forum for almost anything and everything. If you don't know where to post something, this is probably the place. Please remember to keep it appropriate, as some of our members are younger folks.

The Assembly Room is designed for storytelling, both long and short.
The Banquet Room is aimed at the poetic minds here. Any kind of verse is welcome.
The Conservatory is for the social writers on these boards. The stories that take place here are either Role-Played-where each writer assumes an identity and collaborates on an epic quest, or maybe just sits back in the tavern-or are plays.

The Library is works archived from other places. We're very careful about plagiarism, so if it isn't your own work, then please be sure and give credit to the original author.

The Recruiter's Hall is where you can aim to be a member of our community, instead of just a guest on the boards.

For any of the forums, feel free to browse through the histories when the wind strikes you, to get a better idea of the threads in each.

Edited by Tanuchan

Q: Sounds great, but what's this about applying? I thought I already registered!

A: Registering only gets you an account on the board. When you apply and are accepted, you officially become a member of our writing community. There's no time limit in which you need to apply, in fact, if you chose to, you can not apply at all. It's just a formality, but it does get you some extra perks.

You can apply in the Recruiter’s Office with any piece - poetry or prose - that hasn’t been posted elsewhere. Wyvern will get to you as soon as he can!

Q: What's the catch?

A: Well, in order to apply, the piece you post must be written specifically for that purpose. After that, we only ask that you are Polite to the other people here. We come from all walks of life, and all share the love of writing.