The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Does anyone remember Nimball(TM)?

Shathward

I found this while digging around in the Library.

(Unfortunately, the old Archmage UBB has really died and disappeared for sure, so all of our efforts in the conservatory section have disappeared for good. Brings tears to my eyes.)

Does anyone remember what Nimball is or how it works?

*EDIT: Gee. Now I'm getting nostalgic for a number of things. Anyone remember the Royal Rumble? Or the fighting tournament with the panel of judges? *sob* But it's all gone now.

Edited by Shathward

Oh, wow, I haven't thought about Nimball in a while. Really, I don't remember much about it, but I did find THIS and THIS, while browsing around.

If I remember correctly, the game revolved around stealing and then subsequently losing the Nimball. There were a few bizarre rules, but the brunt of it was a lot of absurd stuff happening around this ball. I'm sure there are plenty of people around who could give a better description.

Yeah, there was some pretty cool stuff on the old UBBs. I kind of miss the run-on contest Syn set up (and I mean miss it in such a way that I'm nostalgic about it, not that I want to start that madness again...just thinking about some of those posts makes me dizzy), the Royal Rumble was a lot of fun too. Ah, good times...

*raises a hand* If its out of the Conservatory's story section, PM me a list of titles (or title fragments), and an e-mail address and I'll send them to you. I archived pretty much the entire thing, though anything later then... I think December, 2001 might be open to question.

Nimball! Now you're talking. I remember the massive and hugely enjoyable (not to mention destructive) games played on both the old AM UBB and the DSC boards. Iron golems make a great defensive blockers.

Yes, the game involved more than just grabbing and holding the ball. There were actually two goal nets set up at either end of the playing field (which could be anywhere) and were similar in shape and size to soccer goals nets, I believe.

Other than that, the rules were pretty basic. Get the ball into the oppositions goal for a point, using any means neccesary, magical, martial or otherwise.

I believe there were also every-man-for-himself style games which were particularly rowdy.

Of course, the goal with Nimball .tm was never to win, only to have a great time playing and basically destroying whatever it was you were playing in. Often games would forget all about the ball in a bid to injure and/or humiliate the opposition.

How about the Archmage Jousting Tourney or the Archmage Royal Rumble?

Anyone remember how much fun those were?

(Sure, they weren't entirely roleplaying, but you must admit it's entertaining.)

*EDIT: Jousting Tourney, not plain Tourney.

Edited by Shathward

So, does anyone feel like bringing back the Jousting Tourney? Or Nimball?

Hm. I'll try to go and begin a poll on it.

*EDIT: Poll has been created. Now go vote, all of you! :P

Edited by Shathward