The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The way to Valentine is paved with Roses

Zariah

*Nyyark was peacefully dreaming when he heard someone knocking on the door. Slowly, he finally answers the door, nobody wasn't even at the door. Instead, a path of crystal roses and marble stones was laying before him. Rubbing his eyes for a moment, he was about to close the door when protests stopped him. Nyyark looks around again, this time calling out the oversized hamsters.*

- Guido? Nuncio? Come on! Show yourselves.

- It's not them, it's me!

- No it's me!

- Of course it's me, you silly!

*Nyyark started to pay more attention and realizes that the roses were more than what they seems. He softly touches one of them and it felts as soft as velvet. He keeps touching the rose until it laughs.*

- Hahahaha! That tickles!

*Nyyark jumps back in his room, startled. The roses stares back at the young Pennite and grins back at him.*

- What? Never saw a rose talking?

- Who do you think kept banging at your door?

*Another roses waves one of her leaf.*

- I did and you're hard to awaken. I had to knock for a good ten minutes. My leaf hurts thought.

- Stop whining, we have to get him ready for the Secret Valentine.

*Nyyark, dizzied by the constant bickering of the roses, finally manages to speak up.*

- So, you guys are telling me that my secret Valentine sent you here to pick me? Well, if that so, give me time to get myself prepared and I'll come back.

*After twenty minutes of wait, Nyyark showed up in his best attire for the event. One of the roses leans forward and speaks up.*

- All right handsome, I must tell you that once you stepped on the marble stones, you must follow its path until your final destination.

- Okay... I guess I'll have to do it.

*Nyyark steps on the first stone and, as soon as his other foot stands on another marble stone, the environment around him shifted into a pitch black environment at first, then stars illuminates the nothingness. A now very confused Pennite looks at the roses, wondering what's next. An embarrassed rose replies.*

- I forgot to tell you that this path leads to a parallel world and that this road is the only link between this one and your world. Anyhow, the only way for you to go is forward.

*All the roses pointed towards the tortuous path that is unfolding ahead. Nyyark starts to walk and...*

(Notice: Only Zariah, Nyyark and Secret Valentine are allowed to post in this thread. Oh and Nyyark, it's YOUR turn!)

OOC: Hey sorry for the delay SV, I had to go into work with my mom twice yesterday on only hours of sleep, so I was a tad brain-dead.

...shakes his head in amazement yet again. This wasn't the first time he'd heard flowers talking to him, especially after just waking up, but this was the first time he suspected it was actually happening.

Not that the crystal roses or marble road stretching before him in the void should do anything to affirm those suspicions, but there was something, a feeling maybe, of existing more now than he ever had before.

"Maybe this is one of those planes of higher existence," he thinks, "and that’s why things seem so real."

"Actually," says an orange tinted crystal rose, "this is one of those bridge planes. A sort of transit between the planes if you will."

Nyyark stops suddenly.

"You can read my thoughts?" he exclaims in wonder.

"Noooo," says the rose, "you said that aloud..."

"Oh" Nyyark says with a blush, "I suppose spending so much time alone makes one talk to themselves."

"Yeah, sure," Says the rose. "Anyways, if you have any questions just ask me. My name is Rosette. Yeah I know, it’s a pun, my mother had an odd sense of humor."

"Well Rosette, why don't you tell me where I'm going." Nyyark says.

"Now that’s a secret. However I can tell you that we have a ways to go. So how about we start moving again." Rosette says, uprooting itself with its leaves. "Come on."

Nyyark follows as the rose hops along in front of him. And he walks...

*As Nyyark walks on the stones, the obnoxious roses kept asking him some questions.*

- So, what do you think of this place?

- It's nifty huh?

- Of course it's nifty, he can't say otherwise!

- So, young man, do you have any girlfriend?

- Yes, you do have one, don't you?

- What's her name!

*Nyyark quickly looses patience and yells at the talkative flowers*

- WOULD YOU MIND TO KEEP QUIET? As for my life, it's absolutly none of your business.

*The roses were stunned and kept quiet for a moment, but slowly, they started to talk again.*

- I wonder if he'll appreciate his gift?

- Perhaps he'll appreciate it if we behave.

- We behave!

- You call bombarding this poor fellow of all kind of obnoxious questions behaving?

- That is rich!

- But it's our duty to ask questions, isn't it?

- Of course it is!

- Where's that clause in our contract?

- What contract?

- What we don't have one?

- Heck, these mages don't sign contracts with us. If they want us, they'll get us.

*Nyyark stops and looks at that one last rose.*

- What do you mean by "If they want us, they'll get us."

*One rose scolds the one Nyyark's talking to.*

- Bravo! Why don't you spoil the whole surprise, while you're at it!

- But I don't mean to do it... I just wanted to enlightened my sisters about the lack of contract...

- You know what will happen to you if you do mess up?

*The rose gulps and decides to keep quit. Nyyark looks at the roses wondering about this whole dispute.*

- I'm sorry if my behavior threatens your integrity. You know what? I'll play along and I wont ask any question about this mage until I get my surprise.

*The roses nod in agreement and decides to hum a very relaxing air until Nyyark arrives in his destination.*

Nyyark continued walking. The roses question about having a girlfriend was interesting. He had asked out vulture girl once, but then he never saw her again. He'd asked Zariah to go to the ball with him, but accidentally walking into the circle of teleportation had landed him in one of the small towns the pen bought its daily goods from and it had taken him weeks to get back. Now he'd bid on Zariah again, but he wasn't sure what they wee going to do. He didn't even know if she would like him. Sure she and Crow got along well enough, but Nyyark was very different from Crow.

Nyyark released a silent sigh. Such self introspection was for his poetry, not his walks. He looked down the long marble road before him. He had suspicions that it continued on to eternity, but he kept that to himself. After all he had promised not to ask any questions.

All in all his best bet was to focus on not falling off the trail into oblivion, and to keep both his curiosity and self reflection to a minimum. After all in was Valentine’s Day, and neither of those things seemed to help on this particular date.

Yep. Keep on walking, and don't fall off. Right.

Ahead of him perfectly round plateau from which water is cascading in the emptyness was waiting for him. On top of the plateau, a round marble stand on which a dressed table and two seatings stand ready for the event. Standing next to the table, Celes was waiting for Nyyark.

- I hope Rosette and her friends werent as bothersome as they are used to be.

Rosette and her comrads are quick to protest.

- We behave!

- Of course we did behave!

Celes waves her right had.

- You've done your end of your bargain. Dismiss.

Nyyarks looks at the roses with an amused gaze but, then focuses his attention back to the mage.

- I take it that you're my secret Valentine.

- You assumed correctly. Well, diner's ready.

Celes sits down on her seat and Nyyark joins her.

(OOC: Happy Valentine's Day, Nyyark!)