The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Return of the Queen

Black9

Part one of three- Lengend...of the Old War

Donuton...a world riddle with peril and endless danger. This was the very planet that once threatened to control the very universe itself and legend states...it will do so again. This was long ago...in a time that most have forgotten...some by choice...others by will. The memories of the great destruction haunted those that lived through this time and nearly killed the souls that fought against it. Tim Horton...was one of those souls! Jelly...the souce that ran the universe and Donuton was full of it. It was said that the one who controlled the jelly...controlled the universe. Donuton...home of the largest concentration of jelly known to man...or any other race for that matter. Legend had it...that jelly flowed through the very core of Donuton...though precious few believed in such fairy tales. In fact...the believers were only a party of two...two believers...in fourty two cities.

First City of Donuton and Home of Tim

-------------------------------------------------------

Tim awoke on that fateful day...the day that has now been marked as the beginning...the beginning of the end. It seemed an average day as Tim rolled out of bed. Rubbing his eyes, Tim tried to clear his blurry vision. Tim Horton was a giant and perhaps the only one of his kind within the First City. Slipping on a pair of soft bunny slippers, Tim thrust himself to his feet and slowly made his way toward the kitchen. You see..Tim Horton had a morning schedule...and this he never deviated from. Making his way into the kitchen, Tim put on a pot of coffee. Rumor had it that the Gaint would simply fall over dead if he missed his morning coffee. Some say it already happened...some say that Tim died one fateful day. The fashion this story was told in...it would have appeared that Tim nearly vanquished Death himself...that the poor soul had no chance in the midsts of the Giant's wrath.

You see...long ago...in the midsts of the devistation destruction of ages past...Tim led the armies of good against an opponent that was seemingly unbeatable. This foe was a hive mind...brainless...perhaps...but powerful nonetheless. They called her the Queen...a fitting name for a somewhat scantily clothed beast that thrived on mayham and destruction. Her tentacles up rooted Donuton in a massive wake of chaos and confusion. She spawned forth minions of the mini onion variety in numbers reaching that of the hundreds to near thousands. These minions were about as smart a walnut...but there is power in numbers and in every way, shape and form...they held the numbers. Queen was eventually defeated by an all out seige...led by Tim Horton himself. Legend has it that Queen was outsmarted...which wasn't that hard to believe. She may have had fine instincts...but brains weren't her strong suit.

The Coffee pot spewed forth a ring that could have broken the eardrums of any normal man...though to Tim...it was simply a wake-up call. He found it pleasant on the ears...odd as that may sound. I suppose the saying holds true...different strokes for different folks. Taking the first sip of the coffee...Tim spit the liquid out...not that it was too hot...mind you...but more along the lines that its taste was worse than a tomato in the dead of winter. Tim shook his head in denial...what was he to expect? The fact remained that the coffee bean was becoming extensively worse ...this one being the worst yet! All in all, this little incident set Tim Horton's day off on the wrong foot.

Tim-"Blasted coffee! I could grow a better tasting bean in my sleep!" This had not been the first time Tim had brought up the subject. The fact was that this little conversation with himself had often taken place. The only problem being that he never chose to act on his words. Tim was always busy with something and rarely found the time to act on any random thought throughout the day. Taking a good look at his wrist watch...Tim gasped at the time! Was it already that time...if he didn't hurry up...he'd be late for work! Throwing off his pink bunny slippers...Tim threw on his shoes and socks...as well as any other article of clothing needed for the day. Grabbing a meal on the go bar...Tim rushed out the door with nary a second thought...only to return to snatch up his metal crafting gear and reslam the door in a hasty retreat.

Not a moment after Tim exited the rather large building...a cold substance went splat into the side of his face. His day was not getting any better. Tim turned as he heard a scared little whine coming from his left side. The whine was that of a a small slurppy...from the looks of it...it came from Wendies. Deciding that that he was late enough and that teaching the poor thing a lesson would simply make him more late...Tim chose to ignore this little intrusion. Carefully and before it could damage his fine suit...Tim cleaned the sluppry remains from his cheek. No sooner did this happen...that a steaming feeling came from his foot.

Tim-"What is it now!" Tim yelled as the he saw a hot bun scamper off into the shadows followed by that of the former slurppy. Taking another look at his watch...the Giant gave haste as he ran off toward work. This little scamper of his was a small problem...correction...make that a large problem! A faint siren was heard as the large footsteps of Tim Horton crashed upon the ground creating a small Donut quake. It didn't take long before he felt a soft tug at his pant leg and glanced downward only to see a miniature policeman. Hey...everyone is miniature to a giant! Tim grasped his hair...almost pulling it out as he was handed a ticket so small that he could hardly read the words...or was it that he didn't want to?

Tim-"Please officer...all I want to do is make it to work on time...scratch that...I'm already late! I simply want to make it to work before it's closing time!" Tim couldn't help but speak in a booming manner...it was as if he was a time bomb and that every little incident that took place helped to tick away at his time limit. Chances are...at this rate...he would explode before the end of the day! The officer shook his head and responded with that of a bossy tone.

Officer-"Inability to keep time is no exuse to break the law. You can...of course...contest this ticket in the court of law, but I'd remind you...that in this hapanstanse...that the law is clearly on my side. Good day to you...fine sir." Having nothing else to say...the officer drove off with a confident aura...confident that he should get out of there before the angry giant became even more so. What was that saying? Never wake the sleeping gaint? In this case...the giant's slumber has been admonished. Wasting no time...Tim had finally made it to work...only to find his boss glaring his way...well...more upwards as the aspect goes. The Giant could literally feel the self loathing in the little boss's eyes. The time of peril and danger was upon him...for he was powerless against the little boss's authority! Sad...wasn't it? A once hero...a hero that took down the Queen herself and saved the world as we know it...belittled by a man not half his size and stature. And why...why was he working for such an ignorant...nasty little man? He was working for a man that couldn't do his job if his life...no...if the very fate of the world depended on it! Tim could tell by the look in his eyes that this was the last straw...he could tell that this time he would get canned for sure and he was right.

Boss-"Tim Horton! I suggest you go grow your little coffee bean you always talk about...I will see to it personally that you never work in this town again!" The perfect end to a perfect day...though the day had not reached it's end...it might as well have! Tim responded in as untempered a manner as he could muster...though he could nary muster much. The time had come...the bomb had reached zero...it was time to go boom!

Tim-"If I were you...little man...I'd stay out of my way!" Tim gave the little boss a look that sent him rushing off in fear...Tim did this as he turned and wandered off...off to greet the now afternoon.

Part two of three- The Warrior of Old

Queen...in the times of old she was a menace to all those around her. With a rage worse than a thousand warlords she wreaked havoc over Donuton with a vengeance matched only by that of the gods. Her will was that she...the hive mind...was the dominant species and to her the gods themselves should bow down! This kind of thinking was dangerous at best...especially on a planet such as Donuton...where jelly flowed through its very core. After all...he who controls the jelly...controls the universe! Legend has it...in the long ago war...that a phrase was muttered by Queen herself...a phrase that could very easily change the course of time. "We are...the hive...we cannot be slain by mortal created weapons."

By the time Tim Horton got home...his mood was not much better than when he left...and why should it be? For a moment...thoughts flowed to his mind...dangerous thoughts...the kind of thought that whence acted on...it could change his life forever! For a long while now, Tim had started to doubt his effectivness in this city and pondered moving on...moving to one of the other forty two cities. Perhaps he would...the Forty Second City sounded like a fun adventure...and Tim dearly missed adventure. Ever since the day that the Great War ended and peace was blessed upon the world...Tim had lived an entirely too quiet a life. What also intrigued the Giant...was the Forty Second City itself. This...so called...city...had been talked of in shadows and alley ways...it's sheer mystery baffled that of many a life on Donuton. The question still remained...why forty two...surely they could have constructed more?

Tim's door opened with a whine that could wake a giant...and it sometimes did...oddly enough...though...the door was partially open to begin with. Tim was sure that he'd shut it on his way out...didn't he? Besides...who would invade the house of a giant? Not but a moment later...Tim had gotten his answer. This was when two familiar voices came into being and thrust Tim's mood to that of a more irritating nature. The voices were that of Bun and Slurpy...these two had been a pain in Horton's side for years...though he could vaguely call them friends...they were more a nusiance than anything else. They had both been products of Wendey's..ah Wendey's...the fast food company that dealt in those monsterous experiments so long ago. The motives behind these experiments was never truly formulated. Some say that it was for world conquest...others that the company heads were simply bored...Tim...well...let's just say that he'd have crushed them long ago...before they produced two such annoying beings. The end result was that their products came to life. No one knows why or how this came to be, but the fact remains that here they stand and here they were meant to be seen. The two products had little sense of individualism. There were only two personalities that came with the coming of the experiments and these were those of an extreme optimism and extreme pessimisim. Bun was a hot bun that spoke positively in every circumstance...while Slurpy became that of the negative tide. All in all...this creation led to some highly amusing times...hopefully, one was to follow...Tim couldn't help but to admit that he needed a good laugh. After all, laughter is the cure for all illnesses...so they say.

Bun-"Hey! Timmy! How goeth thee on this fine day?"

Slurpy-"Trust me! You don't want to know!"

Bun-"What do you mean...I don't want to know? Wanting to know is the entire reason I asked!"

Slurpy-"Ah! But if you truly knew...that I truly knew...that I was to answer your inquiry with such a response...then why did you bother to respond back? Why not ignore the entire situation...seeing as this will end up going nowhere?"

Bun-"I do believe your logic is flawed...my friend...for if I truly knew that you truly knew...that you would respond to my inquiry in such a manner...then I would truly know that you would already be quandering my answer. This coming into being...then I would irrevocably change my response to that of my opposite view point...thus creating great confusion that neither I...nor you...nor Horton over there could ever decipher in our lifetimes."

Slurpy-"And your point?"

Bun-"Point? My point is that I have no point. This conversation is about as pointless as a...as a pointless thing. Now...onto my original question."

Slurpy-"Not so fast! I already told you that you don't want to know!"

Bun-"And I already told you that..." A scream was heard and the Bun continued. "Why do you persist so...you...you...dimbulb!"

Slurpy-"Call me a dimbulb, will you! Take this you erroneous means of mass destruction!" A shot was sent Bun's direction from that of Slurpie's location. The projectile missed its mark entirely, though it caused Bun to retaliate nonetheless. Bun's retalliation missed as well...as the duo got into a scuffle that created a small cloud of dust covering them completely and making it impossible to penetrate the outer exterior. All that could be heard were voices as they fought their best...to a meaningless conclusion...may I add?

Bun-"Why you! I'll tear you limb from limb!"

Slurpy-"I am a slurpy! I have no limbs, you ninny!"

Bun-"Grrrrrr...I still sever them!"

Slurpy-"You just try it...you...you!" At this point the fight was broken up as both Wendey's products heard a hearty laugh coming from Tim's direction. The look on their faces were both equal and opposite as Tim was seen on the floor in hysterics.

Bun-"And what seems to be so funny...Timmy?"

Slurpy-"Probably the end of the world as we know it."

Tim-"You...you...give me a second." A chuckle or two later...Tim collected his composure enough to blurt out an answer and continued. "You two slay me! You really do!" Slowly getting to his feet, the Giant once again spoke. "Thank you for brightening my mood...NOW GET OUT! Honestly! Barging into someones...not to mention a giant's house while he's away and without permission of any way, shape or form? Your lucky I'm a nice guy...I could have you arrested...you know?"

Both Bun and Slurpy heard the tone in Horton's voice as he yelled..."GET OUT!" and knew that it would be an unnatural...and illogical view point to stay in such a location. Besides...the Wendey's Brothers were all talk and no play. Their game may have appeared tough, but in their heart of hearts...within their very soul...within the very fiber of their being...they were cowards to the bone and were out of that house before you could say..."what?" Tim sat down upon his couch with a heavy sigh...where his mood had improved...he was still canned...and he still had that speeding ticket. Screw it! It was time to watch some afternoon television...the odd part was...Horton couldn't recall the last time he was able to have this luxury and he hoped that it was still good. Glancing about...Tim went in search of the television remote. Naturally it didn't occur to him to actually walk up to the set and turn it on manually...this was what a remote was for...to keep the lazy people lazy! Around two hours later...Tim shook his head as he'd not yet located the item in question...and decided to...God forbid...push the ON button on the television set! The television flicked on with a small flash of light...small to Horton anyway...as he started to flip through all his three channels.

Tim-"Junk! Trash! Ah, the news!" The scene was that chaos as the various cities reported their own version of the matter.

Reporter for the Twenty Second City-"We are here on the scene of the third district...where a tragedy has just occured. Queen...the menace of the Great War...has been reported to have escaped from her former bonding and this district has felt her sting."

Reporter for the Forty First City-"We come live on the scene where a menancing creature known only as Queen is terrorizing the population. Sir! Sir! What would you say brought this about?" The Citizen panicked as the camaras were turned his way and spoke at a rapid pace "What are you still doing here? Queen has escaped and once again she is attempting to take over Donuton! This city is only the beginning! I don't know about you...but I'm out of here!" Seconds after the Citizen fled...the Reporter took over once again...only to be stabbed in the back by a rather large tentacle.

Queen-"We are the hive and we demand the appearance of Tim Horton. If Tim does not accept our invitation we will deny all mortal life existance. All of Donuton will feel our wrath as we become the master's of the universe. Resistance is futile...we...the hive...will control everything and everyone!" Tim flicked the television off as he was swept back to an earlier period in his life. He was swept back to the last battle he had with queen. It seemed so long ago...yet was so clear. The Queen controlled all but every city on Donuton...while the last of the resistance reunited upon the outskirts of some random city. It was reported that Queen herself was stationed there and it seemed clear that this was to be the final staging point. A grand charge was led into the city...chaos was everywhere as Donuton soldiers met an army of mini-onions in battle. Tim could remember taking on the queen herself in a one on one battle...while also striking a final blow. He'd thought...on that day...that he'd taken the beast down...when a voice came out of the darkness.

Queen-"We are...the hive...we cannot be slain by mortal created weapons. Resistance...is futile..." Coming out of his trance, Tim wondered if he was still that warrior...the warrior that took down Queen on that fateful day. Where it was true he'd not been in battle for some time...he was apparently the only one that could save Donuton...or was he? Deciding to take the Queen up on her challenge...Tim quickly got to his feet and changed into his armor..it was the very same armor he donned during the last battle...as well as the weapon...which had failed to take Queen down. None the less...it was the only weapon he had...it would have to do.

Forty First City and location of Queen

--------------------------------------------------------

Tim arrived on the City with vengeance in his heart. This was to be the rematch of the century...no, the melenium! Tim was adorned in beautiful golden armor...this armor sparkled in the sun with the the brilliance of all that was light and good. His weapon was a solid gold axe that was large to even Tim's standards. The axe was of executioner style and due to its size and weight...had the potential to crush anything that happened to be in its path...anything but Queen...it would seem. Unbeknownst to Horton...he was being followed by two beings...these beings were none other than...the Wendey's Brothers.

Bun-"So, little buddy? Are you ready to tear these villians limb from limb?"

Slurpy-"No! Actually I'm not...can we go home now?"

Bun-"To tell you the truth...neither am I...but we have to help...Horton can't do it all on his own!"

Slurpy-"I see a grim and dismal future...we lie dead upon the city streets...along with Horton."

Bun-"Stop that! Thinking negatively is what got us into this situation in the first place!"

Slurpy-"Actually...it was quite the opposite...it was positive thinking that got us here."

Bun-"Whatever! Let's just run...I mean...attack already!"

Slurpy-"I vote Horton make the first charge. After he dies...we can flee like the cowards we are."

It didn't take long for the scantily clothed Queen to show herself. She appeared on the scene with a crash of a nearby building and stood to be almost twice the size of the Gaint. Her heigth was nothing, though, compared to the lengths of her many tentacles. The first thing Tim noticed was the small army of mini-onion soldiers that had been roaming the area. If he was to contend with them...he'd stand no chance against Queen. The ironic fact remained...that he was only one man and that the last time he was here...he had an army to back him. The second thing Horton noticed was the fact that the small army fled the scene...why this had happened...Tim couldn't decipher...but only a fool would look a gift horse in the mouth.

Bun-"To victory...to valor...to...fleedom!"

Slurpy-"Don't you mean freedom?"

Bun-"No! I mean fleedom...as in...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE...EVERY FOOD PRODUCT FOR HIMSELF!"

The small army of mini-onions soared after the Wendies Brothers as if it were a jackal hunting its prey. They knew that if they stopped...then Tim would be in even more trouble then he already was...but if they didn't...they could very well go capute...fish fried...bottom side up...pick your pun! Meanwhile...in a somewhat more witty fashion...the fate of Donuton was being decided...decided...with one final battle!

Tim-"Long time no see...you'll forgive me if I refuse to bow!"

Queen-"Analyzing Horton...giant...mortal weapon...minimal threat."

Tim-"Don't tell me..."

Queen-"We cannot be defeated by weapons forged by man. Resistance is futile!"

Tim-"I told you not to tell me that! Do you even listen?"

Queen-"All life on Donuton will be abolished. This has been decreed and thus...it shall be done."

Tim-"But you said that if I answered your challenge...that you..."

Queen-"Executing plan B, subsection A, of the third decree...battle mode...optimized!"

Tim-"Apparently you don't listen...a shame I'll have to take your life...no...actually it isnt...I'm going to enjoy this!"

The battle began with a bang...and the donut below them was up rooted with a massive series of tentacles. Tim...with a few well planned moves of his own...weilding his axe in hand...slashed the majority of the many projectiles in half. This caused a cascading effect that sent the attached part of the severed limb back to the Hive mind...and back to the Queen for a second use...for a second threat.

Queen-"It matter not...sever every limb...we cannot be defeated!' It would have appeared that Queen was right in her assumption...as Tim was snatched into the air by one of the dozens of tentacles being thrust his way and slowly pulled Queen's direction. In a mass of sheer muscle, Tim managed to sever the limb holding him captive...only to be caught once again before even making contact with the ground. It was like Queen had said...it all seemed futile...Tim was no longer the warrior he was...he was now...a minimal threat.

Queen-"Executing plan C, subsection A, of the fifth decree...Destruction of all threats...commencing." Taking a firm grasp of the Golden axe's handle...Tim waited for his moment to strike...the moment whence Queen would be most vulnerable. The Queen's biggest weakness...was perhaps her greatest strength...her over confidence. Using this to his advantage, Horton allowed himself to be pulled into point blank range...it was now when the battle truly began! Thrusting the blade in a brilliant combination of strikes...Tim managed to sever the limb holding him and wound Queen with a few well placed combos. Green blood wept from the Queen as she sent out a horrific scream of pain toward the heavens...allowing Tim to speak freely...if only for a moment.

Tim-"You're all talk! To think you planned to conquer Donuton...you can't even best me!"

Queen-"Resistance...is futile! All life...will be extinguished!" Tim turned...only to be stabbed in the shoulder by an incoming tentacle and thrust to the ground in a fit of pain. Glancing the Queen's way...Tim noticed that she was somehow managing to heal her injuries at an amazing rate of speed. Deciding this battle was over...that the outcome had been declared...Tim played as if he had died in the last striking blow.

Queen-"Analyzing Horton...analyzation completed...the threat has been vanquished...Horton is...deceased." Meanwhile, just as the Wendey's Brothers had been cornered and about to meet their maker...the small army of mini-onions received new orders...orders to return to the hive...and thus they did. A few minutes later...the Queen vanished into the depths of Donuton. In a time such as this...with our hero down for the count and his only aid being two cowardly brothers...what hope is left? Pandora's box has been opened and the only thing remaining...is the light that is hope.

Part three of three- The Beginning of the End

Legends...the legends of Donuton flowed through the very jelly within its core. The heart of all Donuton were the stories of old. These stories were tales for only the boldest of men and the strongest of soldiers. One such tale spoke of a floating city...built with the very center of the planet. Most refer to this as the Thirty Third City...seeing as the planners of the planet seemed to have skipped that number...whence the cities were first comprised. Center...the center of Donuton was known far and wide by that of an enormous empty space...space...being the literal word. With its endless supply of jelly...legend states that whomever controls this city...rules Donuton and perhaps...the universe.

Reporter of the Forty First City-"We take you live to the scene of a terrible battle. This was where the very conflict that could easily determine the fate of Donuton has occurred. As you can well see, by the wreckage around us, the conflict has come to its inevitable conclusion but a short moment ago and this reporter...is saddened. The Forty First City, home of some of Donuton's finest minds has been torn asunder. Reports have been shown that there may be some survivors, though the chances are they will be hidden from sight...due to the recent uprise of Queen. Two such survivors have come to the light and chosen to speak with us about these troubling times. You will know them as two of the candidates subjugated to the past experimentations of the former fast food company known as Wendy's. Hot bun, Mr. Slurpy, can you explain to us...in your own words what has happened here today?"

Bun-"Well...what do you call yourself?"

Reporter-"You may call me Sandy."

Bun-"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sandy"

Reporter-"Please...all of Donuton is eagerly awaiting your experiences within this current crisis."

Bun-"All of...Donuton? I...I...I mean..."

Slurpy-"We are all going to die."

Bun-"No! No we are not going to die!"

Slurpy-"If you say so."

Bun-"What my unthrilling companion here is trying to say...is that we came to the Forty First City with our friend...who due to me wanting all the attention, will remain nameless...at least momentarily. Boldly we swept upon the scene with the bravery matched only by the gods!"

Slurpy-"We fled like craven cowards."

Bun-"Don't listen to him! Suddenly and with out warning..."

Slurpy-"The definition of suddenly is without warning...proper English is nothing to laugh at."

Bun-"We set our eyes upon an enormous army of mini-onions!"

Slurpy-"It was a small army...nary numbering in the monsterous quantities Bun has described."

Bun-"We bravely challenged this monsterous army with the might of our intimidating appearance!"

Slurpy-"We exclaimed a shrill whine...then chose to duck and cover."

Bun-"That's it! You have ruined my story one too many times...Slurpy!"

Slurpy-"I am merely stating the truth and nary ruining "your" story...as you so elegantly put it."

Reporter-"And who was this friend to whom you travel with?"

Tim-"That would be me and we did not travel as companions...they followed me to this city. Though I assume that it was you two who drove off the small army...for this I wish to thank you. From this point on, I hereby consider you my friends and companions."

Reporter-"And would you by any chance be Tim Horton? Would it be possible that you are "the" Tim Horton...that took on Queen in her last attempt to conquer Donuton...if not the universe?" It was at this time that the Wendy's Brothers vanished from sight...though Sally cared very little as they were mere comic reliefs and that the true hero had arrived on the scene.

Tim-"Yes Sally, tis I...though I feel I must correct you on one concept. I may be the same giant that led Hopes Armies so long ago, but that was then and this is now. I am not going to overly embelish the story...the events I am to inform you of are the actual events that took place during the duration of this conflict. Now to most this may be troubling, but a hero is not one to emphasise his feats...nor multiply his version of the truth."

Reporter-"Today...please." Tim cleared his throat and formally apologized.

Tim-"What happened in this conflict was a tragic defeat...a defeat on my part. I had the Queen where I wanted her...I sliced through her mutiple strikes creating deep gashes within her outer exterior. At this point, I thought the battle won...that I had taken victory over that of my formidable foe...needless to say...it was the the beginning of the end. As I turned to face her and send forth the final blow...I had found that I was dealt a severe blow from an incoming projectile...in short...I fake my death. The hero of the ages died long ago, Sally."

Reporter-"Surely your not giving up? All of Donuton is depending on your victory."

Tim-"Then where are their armies! Why am I...along with the Wendy's Brothers, the only ones with the bravery to stand up?" A small slip of paper was then handed to Sally. As she read this slip...an audible gasp could be heard coming from her direction. It was at this point that she interrupted Horton in mid sentence.

Reporter-"Breaking news! We have just been informed that nearly the entire embodiment of Donuton's armed forces have fallen in a massive battle with Queen and her mini-onion minions." Turning toward Tim once again, Sally continued. "You have received your answer...though in this reporter's eyes, it was not the one you were expecting. It would appear that you are our only hope...Tim Horton." It was then that two familiar voices were heard coming from the inner citie's direction. These voices once again turned out to be the Wendy's Brothers...only this time they were not alone! A rhythmic drum was heard in the near distance as a thick cloud of dust acted as a natural cloak for the oncoming force. Moments later, an army comprised of two separate, but equally powerful forces began to appear through the mysterious veil. The shadows were the first to be seen as the light was facing outward...creating quite a performance for all spectators that just happen to watching.

Wendy's Brothers-"Forward march! Come-on...double time, people! Double time!" The cloud of dust only grew in both size and magnitude as the armies continued to march. The cloud dissipated but a moment later revealing two seperate and equally hilarious armies. Both Tim and Sally stared in wonder as an army of hot bun and slurpy stood proudly before them at attention. The songs of war could be heard from various instruments within the armies ranks as both the Wendy's Brothers stepped forward and spoke.

Slurpy-"Wendy's army reporting for duty, sir!"

Bun-"Donuton will not fall...not while we still breathe!"

Reporter-"We have just bared witness to a new army willing to stand up to Queen's wrath. Tim Horton, will you lead Donuton's forces against the darkness?" Tim looked upon the newly formed army with a subtle...yet sturdy gaze. In many ways they were nothing but mutant products...their skills in war no better then the mini-onion of the Queen. Still, they showed something that the onions could never have...they held heart within their actions. They both believed in themselves and their cause...they were as much a soldier as anyone...who was Horton to turn them down? Turning toward Sally, Tim spoke in a commanding voice...one nary used since the last war. Besides, if those muntants were brave enough to stand against the darkness and the legendary Tim Horton was not...he would never hear the end of it! With a new found confidence...Tim continued.

Tim-"If the Queen wants a war...I say we give her one. What do we want?"

Army-"Victory!"

Tim-"And when do we want it?"

Army-"Now!"

Reporter-"You heard it here, folks! Donuton will not give up without a fight!"

A new hope spread through Donuton...this hope growing with every worldly city Tim and his soldiers passed through. No one really knew what was happening...as this was the last news report given by Donutons new planetary defense force...yet they showed their appreciation in any way, shape or form that they could come up with. Along the way, Tim changed...he no no longer the craftsmen that was fired from his job and sent home angry. He was no longer the giant that took on the Queen and lost...no...he was far more. Tim Horton was know known by his former name...the name they called him in the duration of his last victory...he was no known as...Titan!

Forty Second City, home of mystery and legend

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Titan, adorned in his golden armor and weilding his mighty axe...stared upon the city of mystery with the look of a general to his target. He was the the hero of legend...the only hope for Donuton as we know it...nothing could top him now...not even the unknown!

Tim-"My soldiers...my friends...we now stand at a crossroad. We have but one mere obsticle standing between us and the enemy. You all know the legends of this city. You all know that none that have entered its premises...have ever returned. I will not force you to go on, but I will have you know that any who pass this point...if any of you cower in fear and attempt to retreat...I will kill you myself! If any of you plan on leaving your ranks...I tell you to do so now...before it's too late!" Much to Titan's surprise, not a single soldier broke formation. It was at this time that Bun began to speak.

Bun-"We are with you until the end, sir!"

Slurpy-"We are the oak...they are the wind...our ranks will not break!"

Tim-"Congratulations, you now have my respect. Hopes Army...move out!"

Fearlessly they stode into the mouth of death. Upon the winds of destiny, they placed their souls and their hearts. As a free man and fast food products, they marched upon the city of legend...only to find...nothing? The Forty Second City was empty of...well...everything. Its buildings had long crumbled to that of ruins as its feared legends turned out to be nothing but talk and folk tales. Scratch that...there was one rumor that had indeed turned out to be true. Long ago...there was said to be a ship hidden within the ancient city's town square. This ship was also said to contain technilogical advancements long forgotten by modern Donutons. Titan glanced the way of an old fashion sign...this sign was comprised of old rotting wood and written in an almost extinct language. The sign read as follows.

Welcome brave travelers, for you have now come further than any of your kind. It was once said that the only thing to fear...was fear itself and in this instance...this famed saying holds true. Despite the tales of ruin...despite the talk of ghosts and murderers...despite the fear of wizards and warlocks...you have entered. Indeed, you would not have come...if Donuton was not in imminent danger. You are truly Donuton's champions...though one more test stands before you. Let me start by asking you one simple question? Think carefully...for this could be your final moments in this dimension. Life...how much do you value it?

With this, the door to the ship began to open and inside they could only see a wall of light. This must have been why the former inhabitants asked the question. Life, how much do you value it? Could it mean that any who enter the ship will die? The sign also spoke of a test...a test of courage perhaps. Titan thought back...back to a time not so long ago...a time whence he was nothing more than a nobody...no...he couldn't go back...he wouldn't! Turning his soldier's direction...Titan spoke.

Titan-"I want you all to know how proud I am of you. You braved threats that would have sent any normal man away. I will now retract my former speech...for at least in my eyes...you have all gone far beyond the call of duty. What stands before us now is our final test. I will not lie to you...I respect you too much for that. The truth is that I have no knowledge of where this ship will lead us...only that at this point...I don't much care! I am the hero of legend! I am Titan and I will see you on the other side!" With this said, Titan boldly turned and vanished into the light of the beyond and was seen no more.

Bun-"I am with you Titan! Everyone, for freedom!"

Slurpy-"Don't you mean fleedom?"

Bun-"No! I mean freedom!" With these words spoken and a victory's cheer later...the remaining of Hopes Army charged into the ship with the look of sheer vengeance in their eyes. All fear vanished as they valliantly broke free from their emotional bonds and on a leap of faith rushed head long into the great unknown...wherever it may lead!

Thirty Third City and final staging point of the war

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Titan stood upon an old ruin...a ruin once known as the Thirty Third City. With its endless supply of jelly...legend states that whomever controls this city...rules Donuton and perhaps...the universe. Before him stood an almost endless army of mini-onion and at the rear...Queen herself. Moments later and before anyone had time to react...the remaining of Hopes Army appeared in formation as if by a technological miracle...or perhaps...fate!

Queen-"Analyzing Titan...giant...mortal weapon...minimal threat."

Titan-"You were always one to underestimate your opponents...weren't you...Queen?"

Queen-"We cannot be defeated by man made weapons...resistance...is futile!"

Titan-"Broken record, aren't we? I've already heard this speech, Queen...initialize attack procedure already!"

Queen-"Executing plan C, subsection A, of the fifth decree...destruction of all threats...commencing!"

Titan-"I guess that's as good a battle charge as any. You heard the woman...take them down."

A great cry of confidence resounded from Hopes Army as the crushing thunder of the massive conflict erupted from the field's center. Titan would have taken this time to continue Queen's way, but was pleasantly surprised to find that she had already done so and stood before him with a massive show of aggresion. With a shrill voice that only a mother could love...Queen spoke those same redundant words.

Queen-"It matters not...sever every limb...we cannot be defeated!" Knowing what happened the last battle they had...Titan drew from his old memories the knowledge he once held in his ancient past. How did he defeat her the first time...if not by his axe...then...that was it! Discarding his golden axe...Titan gave a wicked smile and glared Queen's direction motioning for her to make the first move and thus she did. At the same time, however, a number was called out by one of the mini-onions...it was the number thirty three. This action sent Titan into his past once again...this time into his childhood. He could see a room...no, a cabin...it was cabin number thirty three. Upon the floor were his parents. They had often played games of many a variety within that cabin...though this time...it wasn't a game. Titan could remember speaking to his parents to no avail...ever since that day...that dreaded number caused a muscle spasm that could not be avoided and unfortunately for Titan...this memory had come back to haunt him. Back in the real world, that very same spasm kicked in at the precise moment Queen unleashed her attack. This caused Titan to lose his balance long enough to be snared within her sturdy tentacles and pulled into range of her main form.

Queen-"We are the Hive...we connot be defeated by mortal weapons...resistance is futile!"

Titan-"No...you broken record! You can only be slain..." Queen sent forth a variety of tentacles Titan's way. In a combination of mass muscle and clever thought...Titan was able to free himself in time and maneuver out of the Queen's reach. Try as she might...Queen could nary halt the projectiles...coming to the inevitable conclusion of plunging deep within her. Queen's screams were almost ear piercing as green blood gushed from her in the manner of a small flood...moments later...she fell dead to the floor.

Titan-"Slain...by you!" Without the aid of the Hive Mind...the mini-onions fled the battle and scattered to the four corners of Donuton. Years passed since that day...the day Hopes Army vanished within the premises of the Forty Second City and to this day...not one member of that army was ever seen or heard from again. Rumors spread of that legendary city like wild fire. Some say that those from beyond the grave slew every last soldier of both Hopes Army and even the Queen herself. Still, others say that Titan finally perfected his coffee bean and lived out his days in peace and harmony. With the Thirty Thirds City's endless supply of jelly...legend states that whomever controls this city...rules Donuton and perhaps...the universe.

(Moral- If we allow fear to guide our lives, we will have no lives to live. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.)