The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

this is my application if i got it all right...

noel

Running through a field,

grass gone and grown wild,

scratches me as I race

and soon

there is Christmas everywhere.

Red flecks of me and the grass mingling

As noel.

anywho i've got no clue as to how you're supposed to contact me and whatnot...

heralfness@msn.com if anyone else is interested. <so confused>

A set of glowing lights come bobbing in to Wyvern's office circling around Wavechild and HappyBuddha before settling to the floor next to the applicant easychair.

Slowly their brightness increases until it becomes painful to look at, before with a sudden flare they go out leaving Gryphon sitting in their place on a drift of old paperwork and potentially lost applications.

Glancing over at Wyven's desk Gryphon reads quickly over Wavechild's application before turning to her and smiling.

~~~

That's an interesting piece you've written. I'm not much one for poetry analysis, I get lost in the symbolism. You might as well make yourself comfortable, you could be waiting for a while for Wyvern. He was last seen heading out of the keep at speed clutching something shiny. ;)

Writing is a bit like bleeding,

life is traced in drops and streaks

of words and thoughts

scratched in quiet cuts

across leaves that brush

against the running

of one’s pen.

A well-crafted piece featuring a flow of images that are simply stated and creatively joined. The final 3 lines in particular are both well-conceived and well-executed. Very nicely done, Wavechild.

Good luck with your application.

Wavechild shifts uneasily in her applicant easychair, her confusion and anxiety slowly building in the Elder of Initiates' extensive absence. Fiddling with a pen nervously, she turns towards HappyBuddha, Gryphon and Cyril Darkcloud, who are sitting on a pile of papers, pacing back and forth, and leaning back against a filing cabinet respectively. Wavechild diverts her eyes from the company for a moment, rocking back and forth in her chair and staring at the ground. She then clears her throat and mutters:

"I'm guess it must have been quite a large shiny that Wyvern was holding when you last saw him huh?"

HappyBuddha, Gryphon, and Cyril let out a collective sigh.

"I don't think I've ever seen Wyvern carrying a large shiny" grumbles Cyril, turning his eyes towards Wavechild and frowning. "In fact, even a medium shiny would be a stretch."

"Yeah" mutters Gryphon. "I'm really sorry about this whole waiting period, Wavechild. Wyvern has frequently been known for his erratic behavio-"

Gryphon is suddenly interrupted as the Office door slams open and Wyvern barges into the room, causing HappyBuddha and Cyril to jump from their positions. The four Office dwellars raise their brows as they notice that the overgrown lizard is thoroughly tangled in metallic wire, and slowly follow his progress as he hobbles through the room while tugging at his bonds. The reptilian Elder eventually reaches Wavechild and performs an awkward half-bow, cringing as the kneeling position tightens his wiring, and hisses:

"Sssssssorry about being so late in arriving, got a little tied up in Christmas decoration-related schemes. Let's see, applications..."

Wyvern turns towards the pile of papers where HappyBuddha had previously been seated, and is pleasantly surprised to see that the paperwork has been straightened out in his absence. Hopping over to the pile and accidentally losing his balance on his way there, the overgrown lizard is fortunate enough to land face first next to Wavechild's application.

"Hmmm..." mutters Wyvern from his position on the floor, secretly suppressing his bias against water-related names. "Wavechild huh? Nice to meet ya."

With that, Wyvern fidgets into a more comfortable position on the ground and carefully reads over Wavechild's application poem. Once the lizard has finished, he rolls over so that he's facing the applicant and breaks out into a toothy grin, hissing:

"Well, I see that I'm not the only one feeling the Christmas 'spirit.' Would you be interested in some Almost Dragonic Brand Generic Xmas Wiring™ by any chance? The cost is 10 geld, though you'll have to find some way to remove it from me if you want to have it... works great for mistletoes, lighting, and flying reindeer booby traps."

Wavechild raises a brow at the lizards outlandish offer and slowly shakes her head, causing him to slump over in his position and sigh. HappyBuddha notices this and tosses Wyvern an acceptance stamp from the Recruiter's Desk, which the Elder of Initiates grabs with his teeth in order to stamp Wavechild's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Wavechild, welcome to the Mighty Pen! I look forward to reading more of your poems and comments, as well as any other forms of writing projects that you might have to offer. :) Sorry once again for the late reply, and welcome!