within the days of heaven's yield.

The march to glory, the walk of honor,

the time to strive our families yonder.

Cry havoc, cry horror,

the battle's here.

for glory, for honor,

a match to fear.

Let those who face us, feel our wrath

find in the end, mistakes of their path.

The path they chose with holstered care

so hence they goeth(sp), the goals so clear.

I don't know why I joined that way.

I thought it over, that aged day.

Long ago I tore asunder

pillaged, prodded, spoiled and plundered.

It seemed so real, that life I led,

unlike this metal coat I tred.

Through weary day and struggled night

goals still thriving, soul in flight.

hence the day, brings tomorrow's end,

with the victor's cry, or the heros dead.

Hey, that's a pretty cool poem, Black. Didn't know you wrote poetry.

Although Katzaniel can only remember one time in the past that she has entered the Recruiter's office without getting soaked, squashed, buried, pummelled or otherwise threatened, she nevertheless settles down to wait with Black for Wyvern.

Black raps his fingers along the armrest of his applicant easychair, sighing to himself glumly as he patiently awaits the arrival of the Elder of Initiates. The nocturnal applicant breaks into a grin as Katzaniel enters into the office and compliments his poem, and watches as she seats herself in a nearby chair in the hopes of keeping him company. The two of them don't find very much time to chat, however, as the entrance of the Office promptly bursts open and a familiar-looking lizard dashes in.

Wyvern enters into the Office in large strides, and takes a moment to drop an enormous black bag that he's carrying onto the floor before waving to Black and Katzaniel. Flashing an awkward grin towards the old vampiric aquaintance, the overgrown lizard twiddles his claws nervously and hisses:

"Hi Black, sorry for arriving a little late... hope that blood beverage I concocted for you lasted over the course of your wait. Ah well, I guess it's not like you actually age or anything right?"

"Well..." mutters Black, raising a brow as Wyvern quickly snatches his application poem and begins reading it over. "That's true, but it doesn't make the time pass any qui-"

"A soldier poem, eh?!" exclaims Wyvern, cutting off Black's complaint in mid-sentence. "I definitely sympathize with the 'plundering' bit. It'sss rather interesting that you should write a poem on this subject, actually, as I've been advertising Almost Dragonic Brand Stealth Technology™ to a number of recent applicants."

Black notices Katzaniel raising a hand to her temple and shaking her head upon hearing this statement, and frowns as he slowly says:

"Oh yeah? How did that go?"

"Not ssso well I'm afraid" hisses Wyvern in a dejected manner, frowning and pointing towards the large black bag that rests on the ground. "The Almost Dragonic Brand Stealth Technologies™ that didn't malfunction and collapse before their first usage are in there, along with several leftover mannequin arms and legs that previously belonged to a mime troop. I figure that if I combine the two of them, I can create some pretty interesting Almost Dragonic Brand Floating Poltergeist Limb Halloween Costumes™ in time for the holidays. Sssay, speaking of Almost Dragonic Brand Costumes, I want to see what you think of one of them."

"Errr, O.K" says Black as Wyvern quickly moves towards his black bag and begins sorting through its contents.

"It's a vampire outfit, so I want to make sure that it looks realistic to you." hisses the lizard as he takes a pair of fake glasses, a business suit, a briefcase, a mantrap, and a name card out of his bag. The lizard than quickly tosses the various items on and scrawls the phrase "Hi, I'm Wyvern the Lawyer" onto the nametag, sticking it to the front of his suit and muttering:

"There, how do I look?"

Black raises a brow as he carefully examines Wyverns outfit, then slowly nods his head in approval as the lizard stamps his application ACCEPTED.

"I've got to admit Wyv, you've certainly got the bloodsucker look down."

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, Black, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) It's nice to see you again, and I look forward to reading more of your stuff as well as participating with you in various roleplaying threads. Hope you enjoy it at the Pen.

I plan to have a great time within the pen:) Maybe bring in a bit of good old healthy chaos and trouble...(caugh)...I mean...insanity, yes that's it. Thinking about what he said, Black spoke again. "I won't take over the pen...really." Black stated as he slowly moved closer to the door.