The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

1,2,3,4,5,4,5,4, Make up your mind!

Yeah. For any who've been noting it on the news, there's a rather strong hurricane in the gulf. And it's headed towards the general vicinity of...um....me...and the rest of southern Louisiana.

Yup. Bring it on! We can take it.

On a much greater note, I hope it destroys New Orleans...Not to be mean, but (as I've heard) N.O. is a money pit, and the tourism only brings in enough money for it to break even, and then (once more as I've heard) that 'they' are talking about not rebuilding it for this reason. Granted, that's easily doubtable, and doubted, but you know, oh my, the loting!

(really, I don't want for that city to be destroyed...just flooded a bit. You know, to show them people they really should live somewhere..better....that Louisiana is NOT that great a state.)

So yeah. A good chunk of family's coming stay at my house. Live in the highest part of this parish of Terrebonne (for the hell of it [i love these little sidethoughts] that means good earth), a greatly unmazing three feet above sea level. And because of this, my grandparents are coming over from further south (let's say about 15 miles away from here), even one of my brothre's friends is coming stay. Let's say that we'll have about 10 people staying in my not too large (not large at all) house.

On a plus note, all my classes today were cancelled. Heh. Teacher had to board his windows. Then noon classes were cancelled.

You know, I LOVE hurricane season! The rain, the wind, the possible danger even!

Heck, last hurricane we had, me, my brother, and a couple of the neighbors were 'riding the winds'. We put on rollerblades and stood in the street holding flattened out cardboard boxes, as such to catch wind. Have you ever travelled at 20 miles an hour on skates without putting forth any effort?

I have. And it is fun.

(This rant brought to you by Me.)

Now, also, I have another character that I made, ready for use on here... Him a planeswalker...(yeah..er...Wait til I post his back story before telling me how not good an idea that is.)

Edited by Xaious, Master of Time

New Zealand gets cyclones now and then..... i would love to experence the raw power of a good hurricane though....

as to the roller blades thing...

In school i had a mate that wind surfed, did the kite and rollerblade thing as well, but he also raced land yachts.

A land yacht is a small hull of fiberglass, on three wheels with a big sail, and they are built for speed, *grins* now that in a hurricane would be fun.....

:raven:

But htis year, an upgrade to our skating doomajig.

Bedsheets. They catch a lot more wind than cardboard boxes. Granted, it was enough wind to push me just standing there on them, didn't really need a sheet or anything else to catch wind. With gusts of over 35 miles an hour, oh god that was fun!

Well, Ivan has come (sort of) and gone here, in ye olde South Carolina. We got rain, wind, and heat lightning. Man, we haven't gotten a really good hurricane since Hugo... maybe I should move closer to a coastline...