The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Katzaniel's Resume

Katzaniel

• 3 months later...

The dark elven woman whips her head around, staring at the tigataur that now stood in her office and cocked a curious brow.

"Well, for starters, you need to learn to knock," she snapped scowling at Katzaniel.

"Secondly, fill out this paperwork and return it to me. If I like what I see, then I'll call you back. If not, have a drink on the house with the rest of the inadequates." She handed a peice of paper to the tigataur that simply read:

"Why I would be an asset to the AVV."

Katzaniel looked down at the paper and back up to Scarlot skeptically. "This is it?"

Scarlot sat down behind her desk tapping her fingernails impatiently. "Yes, either your an asset to our organization, or you're not. You have some skills? List them. Have any weaknesses? Now would be a good time to let us know. Now, I have work to do." Looking down to the mountain of paperwork on her desk she mentally dismissed her visitor.

Kat, I'm sorry, I didn't see this until just now. Earlier I was having problems with posts in the AVV flagging me letting me know they were here! Also, I moved this to the underground so that it could be it's own thread and also so this thread could be for ooc questions. :0) I hope that's alright! Don't be intimidated by Scarlot, she's a wench! *grins*

~Salinye :fairy:

OOC: Katz is quite arrogant, so these personalities might clash... but, well, if they do it will just make the RP all the more interesting.

IC:

Katzaniel raises an eyebrow at the woman that was now pointedly ignoring her. Oh well, that's her loss, thinks the great cat and she leaves the office. She winds her way around the guild until she finds a location ideal for writing. Removing the chair from the desk she's found, the tigertaur then stretches her tiger self out fully so that her human half can lean just so on the desk. Laying the paper down (and setting her spear to the side), Katzaniel grabs a pen from the holder and stares at the sheet.

Why I would be an asset to the AVV.

The question was really why the AVV might help her, Katzaniel knew. It was obvious the things that she could offer to them. Why go through this degrading exercise just to please that silly woman? Still, the AVV did look to be a place of comraderie and adventure, and Katzaniel had found in the Pen the only place in many years of travel where people accepted her differences. As such, she would defend it to the death, and also help out in efforts like these guilds. Besides, it offers adventure. And that is an unignorable attraction. Katzaniel begins to write.

I have a deep loyalty to the Pen and would help defend it no matter what.  Many Pennites are weaker than I, and to them I offer my sharpest claws, my longest teeth, my best vision, my strongest muscles, my swiftest form, whatever will do the trick.  Did I mention I can change shape to any cat form imaginable?  As a tigertaur I am fairly muscled, possess a mighty spear, and in any form I am aggressive and skilled.

A tiny voice speaks softly in her mind, and she slightly modifies its egotistical words, instead adding:

And I am attractive in all my forms.  Did I mention I once had seven suitors in half the number of days?  I can use this powerful beauty to my advantage when needed.

The voice speaks again but she beats it down. It was obvious that the cat forms were much more attractive than the witch doctor, so there was no point harping on that, no matter what he said.

I am experienced in adventuring and any enemy that threatens me is as good as dead.  I can work with lesser creatures when needed although obviously I would prefer not to be slowed down if possible.  On the other hand, I work very well with strong, capable beings, and am an excellent team member when the team is excellent too.

Was there really anything else to say? A conclusion, then.

In short, I can anything you need me to be.  The only regretting you might be doing is not hiring me.  Attached is a list of evil beings that I have quenched.  I look forward to hearing from you with regard to this position.  Yours,

Katzaniel

The tigertaur signed her name and brought the paper to the woman, Scarlot. This time, she knocked on the door, but the voice simply said, "Name?"

"Katzaniel. I'm done."

"Oh you are, are you? Strengths as well as weaknesses? You wouldn't believe how many applicants we get that claim to have no weaknesses."

Oh, yeah. Katzaniel quickly scrawls an appendum to her application while saying out loud, "Just one moment, you made me remember something."

PS.  I do have one weakness, and that comes in the form of the witch doctor that resides in my head.  He's quite stupid, and annoying, but I've learned pretty well to ignore him, so this shouldn't be an issue.  Besides, it can occasionally be helpful to have two minds remembering things.

Then, without knocking a second time, Katzaniel opens the door to hand in the application.

• 4 weeks later...

FWAP!

Katzaniel narrowed her feline eyes at the dark elven woman as a dagger stuck into the frame of the door a mere inch from her face, although, she did not flinch. Scarlot kicked her feet up upon her desk and smiled charmingly at her. “I said knock. If you want mutual respect, then we start now. Next time, I won’t aim for the doorframe.” Before the tigertaur could respond, Scarlot continued. “Now, before you can open that furry mouth of yours in some witty retort or futile threat, let me finish. We both consider ourselves strong women. Some may even call us arrogant. Both of us probably think if we came toe to toe that we could outdo the other. Who knows who is right? Perhaps if we butt heads long enough, we’ll find out.”

“Until then, this is way too early to have a pissing contest, and like it or not, I am your superior around here. If you really want to be part of this organization, then you’ll have to accept the fact that I have a fair amount of power and little if anything goes on here without my authorization. Now, drop your papers here on my desk and feel free to pick a room in the underground. For now you can consider yourself in consideration. Soon, if you’re serious, you’ll be sent on a small mission with some others. We’ll see if you are able to work with people and get the job done. At that point, we’ll review you for full membership.”

Scarlot did not remove her feet from her desk. She merely held Katz’s gaze waiting to see how she would respond. The thing about Scarlot is, you never know when she’s talking to hear herself talk or when she’s testing someone.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, Katz. Been distracted! *hugs*

Katz held Scarlot's gaze without blinking, as only a cat could. However, she nodded her head and spoke. "Within these guild halls, I will not question your power. If you will, though, consider skipping the 'small' mission... I'm eager for a real challenge right now. Meanwhile, your dagger..." The tigertaur pulled the knife from the doorframe and sent it skittering across the floor toward the elf. Scarlot made no move to pick it up but the tigertaur had not expected any response or clue to how she took the gesture. Still without shifting her gaze from the woman's eyes, Katzaniel then backed out of the room.