The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Application....

::Twitches:: Yes, I twitch at the thought of being interviewed. I beg your apoligies. Yes, my hastiness and stupidity at being new here has led me here. Let me please introduce myself formally, as I hadn't been able to thus far. I am Daemara, otherwise known as the BlackCagedHEart, or TheBlackFlame. I will so forth give you a lovely free sample of me and my craftiness.P.S- Everybody loves free samples!

Not able to breath

as she takes her seat

She hadn't sat here

She thought she felt a tear

Maybe from the fear

She wasn't quite sure

If she'd jump up and run for the door

In the tall man crept

To ask her all these things

About the blood and stings

About her pictures

she had stitches

She had the stigmatisms

She had the twitch she had the fear

the man sat there

and he just stared

She was scared

She hated mankind

She hated her mind

She hated the pain

She hated the games

They'd play on her emotions

She wanted to leap into the ocean

She was called The Psycho

She had let herself go

She cut up her body

SHe wanted away

HE asked the things

she dared not say

Truth or lies...

She wants to die...

That little girl I know so well

She's me and I'm going to hell

(A contingent of white-smock-clad builders ((imported from Cftm! when the guildhall went idle)) trot into the Recruitment Office and line the walls, followed by a nekkid human with a flail.)

Pre-emptive strike--mentioning the word "free" in Wyvern's territory usually results in some property damage, plus we need to be able to write off the cost of repairs when the Wyvern Revenue Service does its audit. . .Should I have them expand the applicants' bunker for you?

Hello and welcome. ^_^ Nice poem, the broken structure and hurried tone works well with your topic of fear and I liked the lines: "He asked the things/ she dared not say".

Good luck with your application and I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't let our Elder of Recruits buy the rights to your free samples. :P

BlackCagedHeart sighs and shifts in her applicant easychair, casting wary glances towards the men in white smocks and twitching as she does so. The applicant was beginning to feel that her black heart wasn't the only thing being caged, as the structure of the Office looked more like a prison to her hyperactive eyes with every passing second... While she restlessly fidgets in her seat, the Cftm! builder rescue squad surrounding the room fiddle with their AM-85 Beta Calculators, thoroughly bored as they challenge one another to yet another game of "BelZpock Rock: Squirrel Stacks Unlimited." Both the white-smocked builders and BlackCagedHeart turn their heads simultaneously as they hear a rumbling sound approaching the Office, and begin to feel a slight tremor under their feet.

"Get ready!" cries one of the builders, taking a defensive isoceles triangle position. "Here he comes!"

At that moment, the main door to the Office bursts open and an excited Wyvern barges into the room at full speed, his tail rapidly swinging from side to side as he practically foams at the mouth and exclaims:

"Did somebody mention free samples?!"

Wyvern's tail swings wildly from side to side as he says this, and in doing so its stinger accidentally crashes into an electrical outlet. The lizard suddenly stands up straight as a surge of electricity passes through his body...

"Get down! Take Rombus formation! Rombus formation!" cry the builders as an electrical shock surges throughout their calculators, causing the electronic devices to become scrambled and spontaneously combust. BlackCagedHeart watches in awe as the pants of several good-looking workers explode and burst into flames, revealing their algebra equation boxer shorts.

Wyvern quickly unplugs his tail and swiftly moves past the chaos of the builders, dodging the ceiling lamp as it too explodes due to an electrical wave and falls from it's position. Quickly bowing to BlackCagedHeart as the carnage steadily elevates, the overgrown lizard reads over her application poem and then hisses:

"I see... a very nice poem, BlackCagedHeart, and certainly acceptable as an application. You might want to meet up and collaborate with Aardvark at some point, by the way, as he's also been known as 'The Psycho.'"

The applicant frowns and raises a brow as Wyvern frantically searches his desk for the acceptance stamp. Grabbing the utility from underneath the remains of a shattered electric alarm clock and recieving a slight shock in the process, the reptilian Elder stamps her application ACCEPTED and murmers:

"I wouldn't worry about Hell too much by the way... there aren't any heavy taxing periods to my knowledge, and the food they serve there is surprisingly adequate when compared to Melba's cuisine..."

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, BlackCagedHeart... welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I enjoy your energetic poems and look forward to reading more things from you in the future, as well as hopefully participating with you in some community projects. Once again, welcome!