The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Rules and Explanations

Vlad

Some terms of necessity

Nim: A three-eyed drow elf, who is sometimes tied up into the shape of a ball for the purposes of sport.

Nimball: A game where teams of mages attempt to kill each other while trying to gain possesion of the Nimball. No-one's ever gotten past that stage as far as I know...

Nimetiquette: The proper form of posting in a Nimball thread, which is "Always start your post with you gaining possesion of the ball, and ending it with an anonymous person getting the ball."

There is only one Nimball

If a person forgets to put the symbol after Nimball then the ball in their possession immediately becomes a Fakeball and the person is blasted precicely 0.9 miles from their current location.

As explained by our very own Tzimfemme:

Nimball is a curious hybrid of alcohol, football (both versions), unrequited love, war-game miniatures, miniature marshmallows, time-worn comic gags, and whatever else can be thrown into it--potluck prose, in a few words. Nim was once a mage, but he gave up the name after no one ever permitted him to unroll and stop being the Nimball. Nimball has no set objectives, or ways to score. In the original version, mages sought to lose possession of the Nimball in the most inventive ways; modern variants try to acquire the Nimball in inventive ways.

If you actually want to know what the point is, Culex explained it as:

If nobody replies to the nimball thread for seven days (a week) The last person who posted in the thread is the winner of that nimball game or if people elect to start a new game. The objective of nimball is to have fun chasing the ball not holding the ball.

(All references are from the old UBBs)

I hope this explains it well enough, if I forgot any rules please fix my memory lapse.