The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bricks

Vlad

Considering a hypothetical situation, getting hit in the face hurts. It hurts in real life, and there is no difference in a story. Therefore after introducing a character in a story, he would be in great pain after taking a few shots at the noggin. It really hurts if you get hit with a brick though. The added force caused by the overall mass would inevitably make you forget anything scientific you ever knew. Brick accidents aren’t too common, except in Oklahoma.

I can remember the great Oklahoma Brick massacre of ’73. Bricks were flying left and right, there was no end in sight. I had a nice and heavy one, but then something struck me in the back of the head. Next thing I remember, I was drifting in and out of sleep in the local hospital.

Everything was the ugly white color that hospitals always are. Nurses bustled around, injecting various liquids into my veins. That was when the horrible flashbacks started happening. I dreamed I was in the middle of a brick fight. A brick fight in the middle of Oklahoma. You get the idea.

When I was still at the brick farm, I could watch my little red beauties while they are out grazing. When all of a sudden, a stranger comes up to me asking to buy the whole farm. What a strange fellow he was, too. Nobody around these parts would sell a brick farm, so I did the only natural thing I could do. I whacked him.

Now back to the hospital. In betwixt the nurses and ugly white walls, I found out that the guy who I had to share a room with was the same one I hit with a brick. He might want some sort of revenge, but I think he was too incapacitated. It might hurt just a tad if he was to brick me when I was asleep.

Yes, when I was asleep. Sleep is a good thing to get in the hospital. I can dream about my precious brick farm. Nasty little strangerses, they wants our… wrong story. So about those dreams, I think mine have signs to interpret. I wonder what the large, rectangular, red one means.

I’ll have to see a therapist when I get out. Even though this hospital food is pretty good. I just can’t stand this ugly white color.

Posted Image

I just love completely off the wall writings like this one. You can look for hours and come up with several hidden meanings. Convince yourself the writer is referring to Vietnam, Iraq, the stockmarket crash of '29, anything! Most of the time, they are just in a weird mood and write something strange, but imagination is a wonderful thing. Writings like this trigger mine immensely, thank you for the laughs!