The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Savage Dragon Gives it a go

Clink-Clank! A pin bounces on the floor.

Drip-Drop! A faucet leaks.

Ziiiiiiiip! A jacket is taken off.

Small subtle sounds echo throughout the house. These are the kind of sounds that disturb me. These are the kind of sounds I hate the most. What am I? You may ask. I am no words, no noise, no sound. I come in long moments and awkward pauses. I am what you hear when you’re not listening. I am silence and I hate small noises. I can cope with explosions, shouts, and crashes. These are a part of life and they have their places. It’s the small sounds I despise. Them murmur of a radiator, the pitter patter of feet in the room above, the soft breathing of a sleeping baby. It’s the small sounds that keep me from my truest form. It’s these noises that make me bitter and resentful and lonely, for I have no one to be with. Have you ever fully met me? Been far enough from civilization that you can’t hear the shouts of the next door neighbor of the traffic of the nearby highway. Have the birds stopped singing and the crickets stopped chirping long enough. Have you ever stopped breathing long enough to know me. Not many have and nowadays no one does. And so I am alone.

:dragon2:

This was a mistake, he tells himself over and over. A mistake, you just made a big mistake, it's just like you to make this kind of mistake. You just rush into things without looking at where you're going. You've only just found this world and already you throw yourself at them, expecting to be accepted without a second glance. It wasn't until you calmed down and looked at some of the other applications that you realized what a mistake you made. you're not ready, no where near, you don't even know anyone here. Where is that guy any way he should've been here to by now. at least he could've rejected you by now and you could go home and lick your wounds. looking through these old applications you see people, who know what they'e doing, people who know what they're talking about. i feel like such a child, who was told by his teachers he was a good artist because he scribbled some crayons on a page. jeez, why does this room feel so cold suddenly, and everything is bigger. the way a room looks to a child, and thats what i am a child, with a few broken crayons.

Another guest wanders in, just curious to see what's going on in the Recruiters Office...

Hey, MeThinkUFoolish... I've just read what you wrote... I think it's very different, but I also felt there is a kind of poetry in that. Almost like it were a poem in prose form. I don't think you should feel bad about putting it here. I see it as proof that you have the courage to let others see a bit into you... I'd tell you to go on. They say this is a place also for honing skills... at least I think I read that somewhere around.

Hugs him

I'm sure someone will appear here at least to give you some answer. I'm new here also and don't know how these things work... but I hope you'll be well.

See you around!

With a smile Tanny leaves silently

Don't feel bad! :)

Edited by Tanuchan

Crash-Bang! A scaly tail slams against walls and tables as it's host is dragged forcefully towards the door of the Recruiter's Office.

Smack-Crack! A scaly face is swiftly beaten down by a clenched fist.

Nnnnooooooooooooooo! A piercing Almost Dragonic cry fills the Recruiter's Office as the bruised form of Wyvern is tossed into the room by Melba's firm hand. Brushing a few loose scales from her palms and scowling at the overgrown lizard, the Almost Secretary of Initiates rapidly shuts the door behind her and proceeds to stand guard directly outside of it in order to make sure that the overgrown lizard doesn't try anything funny

Grumbling curses under his breath and lifting himself from the messy Office floor, Wyvern quickly brushes the dust and coffee stains from his tunic and sighs. The lizard then turns towards MeThinksUFoolish and quickly bows, taking out a clipboard along with the Crow Feather of Reliability and hissing:

"Name?"

MeThinksUFoolish clears his throat for a moment, then answers:

"MeThinksUFoolish."

Wyvern's face goes blank for a moment, then he slowly nods and jots it down.

"I see... quite a way to start an application interview, though I suppose the general concensus of the Pen populous would be that I'm foolish. For what it's worth, though, MeThinksUAPotentialPurchaserofAlmostDragonicProducts."

MeThinksUFoolish frowns and scratches his head. "Errr... no, what I meant was..."

"I see that you've also labeled yourself a Savage Dragon" interrupts Wyvern. "Well, that's good to hear. Dragonic breathren are always welcome here, though savagery is not always as well-received. We should team up some time, I could use your directness... it could give schemes an almost savageness!"

"Errr..." mutters MeThinksUFoolish. "I'm not sure if I..."

"A nice application, by the way." hisses Wyvern as he stamps MeThinksUFoolish's sheet ACCEPTED. "Should you need any new crayons, I'd be happy to sell you some of the Almost Dragonic variety... though I last I checked, we're all out of the color gold."

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, MeThinksUFoolish, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I apologize for the lateness in responding, and look forward to reading more of your writing as well as participating with you in writing projects. Once again, welcome!