A philosophy that life is mankind's pearl

She cannot believe anything new

Cast off the body into the wastes

Her goal for being shoots down my own

Cast off the soul into the wastes

Her goal for being shoots down my own

OOC: I feel a story coming on...

Posted Image

Oh, a story, a story! *jumps up and down* Personally I would be very interested in hearing more about these characters; the reasons the speaker hates the girl are so intriguing.

"genius of her own sort/ She denies the mind, and most reason too (as do all women. ^_~ )", "creating her own intellectual voids", "She can believe that it is all true/ A philosophy that life is mankind's pearl".

That last line especially I would like to hear more about. One of the reasons the speaker hates her is her optimism and love of life (which he sees as willful blindness)? This opposes his goal for being because he is that sure life is

worthless? ...very interesting... this sounds more and more like a romance. :P

This poem left me with an interesting reaction of relating to both the speaker and the person the speaker loathes so. Excellent poem and definite story material. ^_^

Regel - You're almost right, but not quite. I know I should hate her, but I haven't figured out why.

Yuki - Yes, willful blindness is a good way to put it. I don't want to go into details too much about her, but I see life in a realistic view. It is not inherently worthless, it only is if we chose to not to lend it value. As for her, I can't really say because I'm not sure.

P.S. - (This is directed to one person, and one person only. You know who you are.) If you read the poem and think it's about you, don't worry it's not. You can ask me later.

"I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist."

Except that I prefer the term cynic, becaus it works in neat letters like y and n. :D Nicely done. Don't really have much to suggest except maybe lengthening the line about mental exploits for the sake of the otherwise regular meter.