Of a long long day

Wistful thoughts

Wistful dreams.

The days of old.

The days if new.

We live and die

By these rules.

(and so I enter the pen.

Zen's patience slowly begins to wane as Wrenwind finishes knitting half of a king-sized quilt while waiting in the office for Wyvern's arrival. The eager applicant calmly performs ancient breathing rituals in order to calm any temper or anxiety he might experience, then decides that it might be best to inquire Wrenwind about the reptilian Elder's whereabouts. Just as he turns to do so, however, the main entrance slams open and Wyvern comes striding into the office.

Immediatly turning towards Zen and bowing in a traditional manner, the overgrown lizard hisses:

"Apologies for the lateness, I had a few difficulties smuggling Almost Dragonic brand fireworks into the Pen for any upcoming New Years celebrations that might occur... amazing how frightened some folks can get over a few fireworks."

Zen raises a brow curiously as several explosions are heard from a distant hall and Wrenwind's face goes a bit pale.

"Anyhow" continues Wyvern. "I'll be getting to your application now without further ado, thanks for your immense patience!"

With that, the overgrown lizard snatches Zen's application poem and reads it over carefully a few times. After having finished with it, the greedy Elder grins and hisses:

"A nice poem, Zen. And a very impressive back catalogue, I might add."

Zen scratches his chin and raises his brow as Wyvern takes out a list along with an ancient book.

"It says on this list that you specialize in patience, and have been affiliated with mahiyana buddhism before... plus, there's this book."

Wyvern holds up the book he carries, which is entitled The Art of Zen.

"I skimmed through the book, and didn't find too many drawings." explains Wyvern. "But the artwork that was present in it was quite interesting, very scientific and diagram-like. It's amazing how editors these days feel the need to add in a couple hundred pages of liner notes for each picture!"

Zen's jaw drops at Wyvern's ignorant interpretation of the title, and the applicant considers correcting him before Wyvern continues:

"I'd be curious to see a collaboration between you and a fellow Pen Initiate known as _Zen_... who knows, the two of you may have a few things in common!"

With that, the overgrown lizard stamps Zen's application ACCEPTED, making sure that no ink trails off on the sides in the hopes of avoiding name confusion...

;-)

OOC: On a more serious note, a nice poem and an ACCEPTED application Zen. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) My apologies once again for the waiting period, I look forward to reading more of your posts and participating with you in community projects. Once again, welcome!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmm hmmmh hmmmm, is there a such thing as a self hating buddhist. just kidding. Should I dance let me meditate on that. ramble ramble. smiles. O and all the other poems, fresh for you guys here at the pen. :) lata