Hand in hand with mine,

As we follow this path,

Through the sands of time?

As the sun grows long,

Our shadows retire,

Alone with each other

Our shadows’ true desire.

Brutality?

Nah... Not right now. I liked this, but if you'd like, and wouldn't be offended, I can take a scalpel to it later.

But for now I'm in a hurry, so I'll just suggest one thing:

Go through this as if it were prose, eliminating all the extra line breaks and such. Reformat it, without changing the text, to be a monologue.

Then get rid of all the extra commas and such.

That was the most annoying thing about it, to me.

Welcome to the Pen... You'll be fine here. :D

*Hugs*

Lone Shadow sighs and shifts in her seat, wondering what could possibly be taking the Elder of Initiates such a long time to arrive. She had heard news of Wyvern's antics in other chambers of the guild, and thus was wondering why he hadn't reached the spot that he was designated to thoroughly supervise yet. Grumbling to herself and twisting in her seat out of boredom, the applicant jumps as the door to the Office suddenly slams open and Wyvern barges in.

Tangled in an unbelievable mess of Christmas tree lights and wreaths, the overgrown lizard stumbles towards Lone Shadow and quickly bows to her before apologetically muttering:

"Sorry for my lateness... Had a few problems with Almost Dragonic holiday decoration sales."

As soon as Wyvern mentions the words "Almost Dragonic," the wreaths covering his tunic rot away and the Christmas lights tangled on him explode one by one, causing a huge electrical shock. Lone Shadow cringes as the exhausted lizard grabs her application with a trembling claw, sending out a few sparks as he does so.

Reading over the application poem and noticing the subtitle of the piece, the reptilian Elder scratches his scaly chin in contemplation for a few moments before snapping a finger and hissing:

"Wait here for a moment, Lone Shadow. I need to get something in order to fufill your subtitle request!"

With that, the overgrown lizard rushes out of the room and dashes down the hall, leaving Lone Shadow by herself in the office once again. Sighing to herself and rolling her eyes, the applicant begins to wonder if placing the subtitle by the poem was a good idea considering that it caused the Elder of Initiates to leave again. Fortunatly, it only takes a few minutes before Wyvern reappears at the Office door, wearing a costume that he hadn't worn since a famous Masquerade party that had occured a few years back.

Adjusting the name tag that reads "Brute/Wyvern" on the dark cloak that he now wears and waving a pale-dust-covered claw towards Lone Shadow, the lizard/drunkard pulls out the Decanter of Endless booze and exclaims:

"So then... what kind of booze would you like for Christmas, my good applicant?"

Lone Shadow stares at Wyvern/Brute in a confused manner. "I-"

"Bruteweiser!" interrupts the Elder before she can finish. "Excellent choice!"

With that, the overgrown lizard attempts to pour Bruteweiser booze into a Christmas stocking, only to watch the stocking disintegrate in the process. Grumbling to himself and suddenly remembering about the application sheet, the uncharacteristically forgetful Elder quickly stamps it ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, Lone Shadow, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I look forward to reading more of your works and participating with you in community projects. Unfortunatly, I think you may find that the Pen is not the best place to recieve brutal criticism for your works, but hopefully you'll settle for constructive criticism and comments...

clears throat "Her, Lord Wyvern? I do believe that last I was aware..." pausing a moment to ensure he is free of any magiks, especially those that may alter appearance "...I was most certianly NOT female."

"I see you have utterly destroyed a fair number of your Christmas lights, perhaps you could be persuaded to purchase more? These are more tolerant of what you are decorating for, and should last you many seasons."