The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Ghosts of Aniel

Solivagus

Okay, we don't know what characters are going to turn up, but please don't make them too hard. If you are using a D & D system they should be about level 6. Whatever and whoever the characters are they will all recieve a message attached to the leg of a falcon, requesting thier aid. The message is sent by the people living in a small hamlet near Celadon Forest, a forest known to be the home of a community of elves. It's assumed that, as you're supposed to be helpful heroes (snigger) you'll accept the challenge...

Other than the above there are no rules in particular, just please remember this is our first attempt at being a DM both online and in the real world.

Now we just sit and wait for adventurers...

Edited by Solivagus

• 2 weeks later...

And so Mr. Solivagus, as I think that's how your name is spelled. You have your first adventurer if you'll have me. I'll try to move my character somewhere else for a change and make someone new.

Hn... level 6 eh? Well, I think I can do that. A thief I shall be, as opposed to my frequenting of the bard. A level 6 thief, one who specializes in pick-pocketing and... assassinating. I'm so gloomy. >^_^<

Personality... I don't know yet, but I'm sure I'll develop one soon enough.

Looks... Well, I'll be way off course from my usual self and go with... um... elf midget. I'm a halfling-sized elf. (this will all be more detailed alter, I assure you, but let's just stick to the basics)

Name... Norton Glow-wind (More of a halfling name, but lets also say that this particular elf was raised among halflings...)

Weapons... He's got a rapier and three throwing knives, and one dagger and a small crossbow, as well as... elven boots with a knife hidden in the sole. He'll be a bit of an engineer.

I hope that's okay for a start, let me know if I can join your beginning DM crew as a pwan in your grand scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

Heinrich glanced around the room, empty except for Damon, and sighed. Taking out a rough piece of cardboard from under the desk he scrawled "Journey canceled due to lack of adventurers" and hung it on the door. Shrugging at Damon he tossed a gold piece for making him wait so long, laid a small bag of gold on the Lizards desk as payment for the rent of the room and wandered off to his tower to cook a meal for when his guest got back from feeding her Roc.

Damon leapt up from his keyboard in the rented room, looking at his bland profile of his makeshift character and sighed. It was only after he decided to go to the bar to take down a few drinks because of the arthritis he was prviding himself with, cracking his fingers over and over again, that Solivagus came into the room.

"whatcha doin'?" he asked innocently, intent on typing once more. His eyes widened as he saw the sign being hung on the door. "No, wait!" he cried, allowing the gold piece to clatter to the floor, hoping that wasn't insulting the offer of wealth. "we can still fix this thing! just give me two days, and I'll see what I can do for you! please?"

(I need two days because the library is closed tomorrow, otherwise i'd ask for one... is that okay?)

A man of a gloomy nature walks into the empty room and looks around. I sense cold. Darkness dwells here. After his eyes adjust to the dark, he sees the cardboard sign on the door.

Giving the situation a moment of contemplation, he turns on his heel and leaves the room.

OOC:Haven't D&Ded for a REALLY long time, so level six means nothing to me. I'll be a dark cleric of sorts. Human of tall stature. Robes only, no weapons. A cross around his neck which gives some magical protection. Basic healing spells, and control undead. I think that's about it.

More OOC:You have to tell me that you actually start an RP. You *know* I rarely go into the Conservatory unless told to...

Edited by Vlad

(OOC: Well, there's two. I don't tink this one will be quite as succesful as the revenge one, but let's give it a shot, all right? I'll start with a basic outline as far as setting. Um... Perhaps we'll modernize this one a bit, perhaps?)

Place: The small, but prosperous town of Nicalnes. Population (378)

Season: Autumn

Time: I'm thinking a little Final Fantasy here, so we have technology, but magic and swords are quite abundant. (Convenience of indoor plumbing.)

Plot: (Hard stuff...)

There has been something of an investigation as of late, a rumor going around the tabloids and the newspapers in equal degrees telling of a town left in ruins, each citizen murdered without just cause and only for the sick pleasure of a militaristic dictator.

While the dictator himself was overthrown by assassination, the army continues to move on, preaching revenge and anarchy, continuing the ideals of their leader. They are currently at war with the military, and the outcome looks good for the military. the morale is down, and there are those surrendering and betraying the anarchists left and right.

however, the city of Aniel, a once prosperous metropolis lies in ruins now, a bone-chilling cold wind wafts about the city streets in a perpetual cycle, and various moans can be heard near the trade routes that once crossed through the city. several people have given in to their curiousity and wandered into the desolate metroplos, only to be found left outside of the city on the opposite of their entrance, pale, decaying, and often dismembered. Those heads which were intact left marks of horror on their faces.

there is a debate as to whether a very large army of bandits haveinhabited the area, spooking the travelers andfrightening them to death, and those who are not swayed are dismembered. however, there is a rumor that each of the city's citizens, or their ghosts rather, now seek revenge on the living because of their wrongful deaht.

Evidence of this is that no plants will grow around or within the city anymore, animals flee in terror if the near it, and the people... Well, the pictures say it all. As most investigators are frightened by this monstrous place, they seek bold people to give them a proper hold of the situation, especially those of faith.

(OOC: I hope this is a good basis. i'll have to change my character a little bit though. Perhaps someone of recent importance, much as the assassin that brought down the self-proclaimed dictator. A sniper, perhaps... I'll develop him as we go along... Is that all right? If not, just let me know.)