The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

united nations of terra

WrenWind

Lady Hexen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A tall figure strides slowly into the tavern, wearing a full black cloak and hood, regarding the setting slowly. With a shrug, she doffs her cloak and tosses it in a heap against the wall, completely missing the hook. Cursing and shaking her head as she summons some dark servant to hang it up, she pulls fingers through her wild blond mane. Her skin is luminous, like a newborn, the energy of her reincarnation still palpable.

Looking around, dubious of this place, she calls out to a waitress, "Don't let those thugs bother you miss. Fetch me a pitcher of your thickest beer, and two clean cold mugs. There's a handful of geld from a grateful stranger if you are quick about it."

Once the beer is brought, she tips the barwench and takes the pitcher and the mugs. The walks over to Tourist and refills his empty mug.

"Hail honorable leader. We should do something about this place. Our allies have better service... and for that matter, nicer clientele." Casting a humourous glance to her fellow black robes in the corner. "Not that I'm complaining. Salt is good for the soul. And soul is good for the old salt. Not you, milord. I speak of the dusty bonegnawers in the corner. Come to think of it, I speak of myself as well." Ironic smile.

She sets down her pitcher after filling her own mug and pulls up a chair. She drinks deeply and gratefully from her beer, then wipes the foam from her lips with the back of her black leather glove.

Vermehren

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Looks at his beer getting refilled.* Thank you.

*Takes a deep drop* Oh well, the sweet, sweet beer. I just like the taste. Although I still prefer my German beer, oh well...

*Suddenly his white robe change the color and turns to blue.*

Hexen

(moving it back up to the top)

The inexperienced soul of Hexen fades in and out of coherence, before finally seeming perfectly solid.

"I am so new at this. I have only recently learned the trick of splitting perception and thus of splitting your avatar among many places. Why didn't anybody tell me I could be more than one place at once?" The lady laughs at her own naivete. "This place is a strange one. While months pass in my lands, I feel only the passage of lazy moments, as if there is no time here."

"Not that I am complaining. It is better to have at least one place where you don't worry over the seconds that are slipping away."

Holding up her glass for a toast to the sparsely populated tavern. "May we treasure the moments given to us. In the end, those moments define us." With a somber nod, she drinks deeply from her mug, sitting down at the bar with a thoughful look on her face.

Lady Hexen

Sensing some disturbance, Hexen turns briskly and leaves the Tavern at a loping run.

A few minutes later she dashes back in, breathing heavily and giggling. She comes to a reckless stop and looks around.

"Did I beat her? Has anyone seen Lady Windsong?"

Slapping her thigh with triumph, she sits down to catch her breath. She calls the wench over to her and explains that when the Lady Windsong finally does come, the wench is to bring drinks for them both. Lady Windsong will pick up the tab.

Hexen turns her chair to watch the door, leaning back into the creaking chair and putting her feet on the table. She wears a smug expression. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vermehren:

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Looks at Lady Hexen with wide eyes. Than he take up his beer and came to the table of Lady Hexen.*

Well, what kind of game to you play today? Or shouldn't I better don't ask?

*Smiles and points at the free chair* Am I allowed to sit myself to you Mylady?

Windsongwind

Windsong arrives just a few seconds later . She looks around excitedly .then noticing the look on the barkeeps face andwhere he is pointing she says" She beat me,didn't she?

Windsong is laughing and out of breath . "Give me a beer. And... start up my tab.The Lady Hexen drinks free this evening."

Walking towards the table where her friend sits "How did you do that so quickly.Boy is this an odd feeling .She staggers a few steps then regains her balance."this splitting will take some getting used to" Once in front of Hexen she bows formally. "I am honoured ." Now lets have those beers, I'm parched."

Lady Hexen

Startled by Tourist, Lady Hexens chair tips backwards spilling her onto the floor. She scrambles quickly back to her feet, snapping to attention. Her face blushing crimson and still out of breath, she suddenly laughs at herself. Akwardly she gestures to the open chair, unsure of how to act in the presence of the guild leader.

"I um... Lady Windsong and I..." Pausing to take a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "We made a wager that the last one here would pick up the tab." Giggles girlishly, then taps her temple with a knowing glint in her eye. "But I know a shortcut!"

As Windsong enters the Tavern, Hexen looks suddenly as though she is caught. She leans quickly down near the ear of the seated Tourist and whispers, "Please don't tell her, Milord. I don't want her to think I cheated."

As the Lady Windsong draws nearer the table, Hexen bows low, smiling triumphantly. Bending to pick up the spilled chair, Lady Hexen offers Windsong her chair, helping her to sit down. Then, with a great burst of vigor, Hexen skips over to an unoccupied table and drags a chair screeching across the floor to the table. She sits down with a great explosion of air, as if she was holding her breath.

Gladly accepting the full mug from the barmaid, she takes a long drink before setting the mug down. There is a bit of foam on her upper lip that she seems not to notice as she gathers her wits to speak.

"Milord Tourist. Windsong and I are new souls in this plane. We are learning fast, yes of course." Answering Windsong's unspoken comment, she keeps rambling on very fast. "We recently learned the trick of splitting our avatars. It's not easy to send projections of yourself to many places. It can be disorienting. Especially while still keeping track of your lands and your wars and such. I wondered how you could be here and also in Ice Region so quickly. It's because you had never left." Gesturing broadly, her smile wide. "Then it occurred to me, that you must be in many places. Once we knew it was possible, it was easy enough to figure out how!"

Taking a breath from her animated speech to take another drink, then she looks up at the two people at the table. Her foam mustache much thicker now. "Why are you looking at me as if I just sprouted a second head?"

Psimon2001

The door of the tavern creaks open.

The patrons stare as the head of a mutant-bastard-son-of-the-gods appears around the door.

It's Psimon. Half Drow, half Grey elf, white mage.

He speaks...

"Anyone here want to buy this great idiot-magnet? It's a real bargain! ....No? ....Oh, ok then..."

He leaves.

Moments later, Psimon returns. Bursting through the door of the tavern, he announces to all gathered,

"I've been infected by this damned idiot-magnet, and now I too am an idiot! How could I believe the insane mutterings of that infernal Chronicle, old buzzard that it is! I am cursed by stupidity and ineptitude, doomed to walk this plane of existence amongst normal beings who have no inkling of my level of ignorance (hidden as it is beneath this incredibly good looking and dashing exterior). Oh woe is me, woe unto me...."

Psimon pauses to accept the Oscar handed to him for best actor in a dramatic role.

"Oh thank you! This is SO unexpected! I love you all!!!"

With that, and a final dramatic twirl of his dark robes, he leaves once again....

(ed. Has he finally gone? Goodness, what a bore!!!)

The door creaks open once more...

(ed. Oh no, he's back!...)

"By the way, sorry if I've interupted your evening's entertainment or any intimate interludes that may have been, well..., you know...happening...you know...anyway, sorry."

(ed. Good. He's finally gone. Carry on everyone...)

Edited by: Psimon2001 at: 7/27/01 4:28:07 am

Vermehren

Leader

(7/28/01 12:39:08 pm)

Re: Tavern

*Is fighting against a smile, when he see what Lady Hexen is doing, when she notice his presents.*

Don't worry, in this tavern we are all equal. The titles will be remain outside. And thank you for the chair.

*Sits himself on the chair.*

*As Lady Windsong is entering he hear what Lady Hexen is whispering to him, but seem not able to answer her, the way he wants, so he makes only signs as I want to tell her "we will talk about this later". He looks as the entrace of Lady Windsong.*

Welcome Mylady, sit down to us.

*He invite her with a move of his hands. And wait till she sits. Than he turn to see Lady Hexen sitting herself and talking.*

*His eyes start twinkle, as he sees the foam on her upper lip, while she is talking. As she stop and ask why they are looking at her he smiles.*

Well... Let say it so. Someone needs to shave his mustache and it isn't me...

*He is still smileing and he nods.*

Yes, you notice this very soon. You can split the Avatars, this is a easy trick and it helps you so much to be there, where you are needed most.

*Suddenly Psimon is entering the room. Before someone can act, he is gone. He looks confused.*

We will work on this someday my friend, you shouldn't go away so soon...

*Psimon is entering again, but he is again away so quickliy. Tourist looks confused.*

Hmm... Is he runing away from me or is he afraid of the two lovely Myladies that are here?

*He smiles at the Ladies on the table. Than Psimon is entering again very soon and is saying the things about distrupting. Tourist is smiling bigger.*

Ok, let's face it, he is afraid of you.

*He takes a big drink and seem to be happy.*

Lady Hexen

Hexen frowns in confusion at the comment that Tourist makes about mustaches, then blushes a deep crimson as she wipes her face on her black leather glove. She laughs at herself, finding it hard to wipe the foolish, abashed grin away.

About to say something, her mouth hangs open as Psimon rushes in. Her mouth still hangs open as he leaves. Opening and closing her mouth like a fish, she tries to think of something to say. Just as she has thought of what she wanted to say, Psimon rushes back in and she sits there with her mouth open again. Looking confused at her two tablemates as he rushes out again, she snaps her mouth shut. Patiently, she drums her fingers on the table, counting, 1, 2, 3, 4...

As Psimon comes in for a third comment, Hexens face breaks into a smile. As he leaves again, she looks at her friends confused, smirking at Tourists comments.

When he has left for the last time, Hexen sits waiting. When she sees that he does not seem to be coming back, she gets up from the table.

"Please excuse me for a moment." She goes to the door of the Tavern and goes out into the cold night, her boots sounding on the boards of the porch.

The Tavern can hear as she shouts into the night, "Psimon!! Psimon, please come back. I need a date!" Her footsteps go back the other way, past the door in the other direction. "Psimon, please. Just come in and have a drink with us!! I know you can hear me..." She seems to stand still for a moment, then her boots clunk their way back into the bar.

Hexen goes back to the table and shrugs as she sits down again. She picks up her beer and takes another drink, relaxing. She wipes at her lip again with the back of her glove, grinning her foolish grin.

"A girl just can't get a date in this town!" She smiles at the irony and goes back to her drink.

Psimon2001

Psimon sat alone under the large elm tree beside the tavern, deep in shadow, and deeper in shame. His recent foolishness compounded by his very public outburst have left him feeling less than his 250 years of personal wisdom should have him be. So much for life experience being the fountain of wisdom!

The door of the tavern swung open, and a vision appeared in the flickering light from within. Lady Hexen stepped out, "Psimon!! Psimon, please come back. I need a date!"

Lady Hexen walks from one side of the tavern front to the other, standing now not more than 3 feet from Psimon. One of the benefits of being of such bloodstock, was that, at night, Psimon was invisible in the shadows.

"Psimon, please. Just come in and have a drink with us!! I know you can hear me...", with this last call Lady Hexen re-entered the tavern.

'Psimon, you fool. Follow her! She is radiant, mind-numbingly beautiful, powerful, and your ally you half-wit!', Psimon's inner voice was merciless in it's assessment of the situation.

"Right then!", Psimon got up, gathering his robes about him, along with his meager courage, and strode to the tavern door. His hand paused on the latch, then he opened it and stepped in once more. This time he was staying!

His silver eyes scanned the room and settled on the table where his ally rested once more, ale tankard on the rise to her full lips.

'By the gods, she's incredible!', he thought, mind reeling at the vision seated there. Psimon had always been flustered by beauty and strength, two things he did not possess in any quantity, and two things that Lady Hexen possessed in abundance.

He moved to the table, feeling awkward as his 7 foot frame seemed to want him to trip over his robes at every step, his thin limbs seeming barely able to lift the heavy cloth at all.

Seeing Lady Hexen's companions, Psimon's heart skipped several more beats, and his step faltered. Tourist! A legend in these parts and many others besides. And Lady Windsong, no less.

'By the gods, Lady Hexen keeps exalted company!', he thought, then quickly realised he had been projecting his thoughts. "Oh shi...", he breathed, clamping down his psionic barriers.

"M'Lady, forgive me. I heard your call, but was slow in responding. Sir Tourist, Lady Windsong." Psimon bowed his head to the companions.

"Does the offer still stand, M'Lady? May I join you for a drink?", Psimon waited patiently for the lady's reply...

Edited by: Psimon2001 at: 7/30/01 12:08:34 am

Vermehren

*As Lady Hexen is comeing back he is smileing at her.*

If he has at least a little blood in his vein I bet that he will come back. You know that offering a date is one ouf the secrets weapons of a Lady...

*He takes a drop and looks at the door. After a few minutes Psimon is entering the door. Tourist looks at Lady Hexen as he want to say "Didn't I already tell you this?" Than they pretend that they don't see him entering the door.*

*As he see how foolish Psimon is acting first, he seem to think about something, but than he shakes his head slowly as he want to say "no" to himself.*

*He looks courious, when Psimon is comeing close to the table and looks confused, after he has talk.*

Windsongwind

Windsong does her best not to laugh.Psimons thoughts had blasted into her head. She did not have her shields up. Maybe a little too much ale.She couldn't be angry he looks like a puppy waiting to be punished.

" Here friend I don't bite and Hexen will only bite if you ask her to "

*Windsong kicks out a chair for the now speechless Psimon*

"Sit fellow Mage have an ale"

She lifts her mug to her companions.

" A toast ... to fiends and allies well met"

Then she settles back into her chair to enjoy her ale.

"So Hexen! I guess you have a date. "Windsong begins to giggle again.

Lady Hexen

(7/30/01 4:19:52 pm)

Hexens brow furrows as foreign thoughts whisper through her brain, then turning to the door and seeing Psimon, a bright and jubilant smile lights her face as the blush turns her pink-cheeked. Her eyes move over him as he approaches the table, she waits for him to speak. At the end of his utterance, the Lady stands quickly from her seat with a bright and joyous smile.

"Of course the offer still stands, Psimon." She speaks with warmth and humor in her voice. She goes to him fast, throwing her arms up in a warm greeting around him. Her approach was too fast, alas. Too eagerly did she embrace Psimon, and in her clumsiness she crashes against him, tripping him up and they both go crashing to floor. Seeing the mortified face of Psimon, looking quite embarrassed by her lack of grace, the color drains from her skin completely, then her face cracks into hysterical laughter. Sitting on the floor beside Psimon, still tangled with him, she leans her head against his arm and laughs helplessly. Wave after wave of laughter leave her weak on the floor, until she wipes at her eyes with her black gloves. Sighing and regaining her composure, she starts to untangle, her and Psimon helping each other up. She fusses over him, dusting him off as she apologizes over and over.

"Ohmigod, I can't believe my clumsiness. I'm so sorry. I didn't hurt you did I? I'm so sorry. I feel like such a complete fool." Still dusting him off and directing him toward her chair. "Well now we know it's just not safe to dance with me! I might break all your toes!!" She laughs again, her grin silly.

Signaling to the barmaid, Hexen asks for another chair and a mug for her friend. Before she releases her grip on the barmaids arm she askes, "Hey, what is in your beer here anyway? It's turning me into a fool. Happy fool, yes, but fool nonetheless." She smiles at the barmaid to let her know that she is joking and releases her arm.

Hearing the friendly jibes from Lady Windsong, Hexen flashes her knowing grin. Thinking perhaps a little to loudly, (I don't bite...hard.) :evil

With Psimon seated in her chair, Hexen has no place to sit until the barmaid returns with a chair. Going brazenly to Psimon, she sits herself in his lap, careful not to tip them over again. "Psimon, my pillar of strength. I thought you would never come in out of the dark for some drink and company." Looking at Tourist and Windsong, "Have I ever told you how many times he has saved me, when my own troops faltered? Fighting side by side so long and we have hardly met. That seems odd to me." A quirky smile on her face as she looks into Psimons face.

The barmaid returns with a chair and a clean mug. Hexen gets up gingerly, very careful of herself lest she be clumsy again. Taking the mug, Hexen pours out from the pitcher, filling the new mug and refilling Tourists and Lady Windsongs mug before refilling her own. She hands the new mug to Psimon. Still standing closely beside Psimon, she holds her mug aloft for a toast.

"To friendship, and to a good fight, shared with friends." Her smile is bright and happy.

Edited by: Lady Hexen at: 7/30/01 6:13:37 pm

Psimon2001

(7/30/01 8:08:53 pm)

Psimon is totally stunned by Lady Hexen's rather physical response to his request to join the table, and stares opened-mouthed for a moment, then gathers his composure enough to close his mouth...

He is shaken by the proximity of Lady Hexen as they lie for a moment tangled on the tavern floor. He feels every muscle that moves against his robes as she rolls off him. His frail bones have been cracked in several places, but he does not feel them as he looks into her eyes, then quickly looks away as he feels his very soul slipping away, baring his past, present and future to the Lady's gaze. He quickly mends his bones with a thought, then smiles as Lady Hexen breaks into laughter.

They rejoin the table and Psimon takes a moment to further compose himself. If Psimon's good friend GBH could see him now, he'd laugh until the roof caved in!

It was also fortunate that Logan was in the woods nearby, hunting for her supper, lest she become jealous of the Lady Hexen. A jealous giant wolverine is most definitely not good company. It was difficult at times to distinguish who was the master, and who the familiar.

When all is settled, and the toast made, Psimon takes a small sip of the ale in polite response and then sets it aside. On the few occassions when Psimon had imbibed mere ounces of ale in the past, the resultant chaos from his wayward psionic and magical powers resembled the terrible armageddon that had torn through this plane of existence in recent times. At least it did before GBH had knocked Psimon out. The financial reparations had nearly crippled Psimon's accounts, so he tried never to touch the stuff. The sip he had taken had already made him light-headed. A thought directed to the barmaid brings another tankard, this one of pure rain water, and the ale disappears discretely.

Psimon begins to relax as he realises that perhaps no-one here will take offence with his bloodlines, so evident upon his visage, the pure black of his drow father upon the left of his entire body, the pale skin of his beloved grey-elf mother upon his right. So often in the past the mere sight of him was enough to start tavern brawls, which was fine by GBH, he loved that sort of thing!

"Well-met, M'Lord Tourist, M'Lady Windsong. My noble ally speaks of my assistance as though it made a difference to the outcome of the battles, though in truth, there was never any doubt that Lady Hexen would take the field and the glory of each and every engagement she has attempted. My meager troops were simply there as window dressing. Against a leader such as Lady Hexen...", Psimon paused, "the troops of hell itself would not prevail".

Lady Hexen

(7/30/01 9:48:22 pm)

Hexens eyes light up as she listens to her ally flatter her. Glowing with pleasure as he speaks, she listens enraptured by him.

"Surely you tease me now, Psimon. I'm sure you know it better than any other, that the troops of hell are my very own. My troops are called forth from the dusty ranks of the dead as a Nether." Her eyes dancing with humor. "And I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I can come on a little strong. I'm a hugger. A clumsy one, to be sure!" Laughing then, her eyes glinting.

Hexens deep blue eyes move with open and unabashed interest over his features. Her humble face lighting again into a softer smile, Hexen asks, "I feel that one such as yourself would have a story to tell. I crave to hear your tale, M'Lord. If I am prying, please do not be offended. You do not need to tell your story, if it doesn't please you. I find you a mystery I wish to understand." Her eyes are steady on him, her expression open. She has the manner of a happy child, blithe and shameless. With all of the finesse of an acolyte, she projects her thoughts like a raspy whisper toward Psimon, "Please."

Psimon2001

(7/31/01 1:00:34 am)

"How can one refuse such a request? I surely cannot refuse, M'Lady. If it pleases our companions, I will tell my tale and let you judge it's merit", with this Psimon draws the hood of his cloak back, revealing his long, pure silver hair and further evidence of his peerage.

His face is marked by the perfect line of light versus dark, good versus evil, the balance that is life itself. His elven heritage is unmistakeable, the history of it is hidden in his silver eyes.

"My life did not have an auspicious start...", Psimon begins his story... staring into his water as he tells it.

He is the bastard son of a Dark Elven Lord and his Grey Elven love. A love that could never be, both his parents were killed when he was just a babe. He was, and still is, an outcast from both societies, unable to return to either, though he once possessed the power to entirely destroy both.

In another plane of existence he is a god. A demi-god to be precise, a being of overwhelming power. But as it has been said, that was then, this is now...

He has been trapped here, stripped of a large portion of his power, much of the remainder warped into what is known as white magic in this realm, foreign to his true verdant powers. His psionic abilities have remained and he is still a force to be reckoned with, but for now he is trapped, a stranger in a strange land.

He also has the company of his trusted familiar, Logan, a giant wolverine standing 6 feet at the shoulder, weighing as much as 20 grown men, her razor sharp claws capable of killing almost any creature, including, it is rumoured, the occassional dragon.

He is deeply grateful to his guild, who have accepted him into their number, not questioning his past, simply relying on his present, and hopeful of his future amongst them. Even more grateful to his closest allies, the powerful and beautiful Lady Hexen, and the as yet unknown quantity of the mage Icestorm.

Psimon has lived for 250 human years and recounts tales of his adventures in many places and times, always half-smiling sadly when he mentions GBH, a giant rock troll, once Psimon's most trusted friend, who betrayed him and the rest of their motley crew for the power of being a general of Hell.

As Psimon draws to a close, he realises that he has perhaps tired his companions with his long tale. His pale side blushes deep red, "Forgive me. I have bored you with my sorry life, ruined the good humour of the evening. Barmaid! Another round for my companions, if you please. Some meat and bread also, yes? You have no doubt heard enough about me, what of you all? Perhaps Lady Hexen may delight us with her tale? Lord Tourist? Lady Windsong?"

'By the gods', he thought, 'you sure know how to ruin a good party, Psimon you fool.'

Lady Hexen

(7/31/01 12:56:04 pm)

Leaning on her elbows on the table, listening with rapt attention to Psimons tale. Her face throughout is calm, and she is careful to try to keep it blank. Nonetheless, her natural empathy brings emotion to her eyes at different parts of the story. Trying hard to be stoic, the emotions in her eyes betray her as she listens and seems to imagine how it must have been for him. At the end of his tale, her eyes shine with understanding.

"You have an interesting tale, my friend. Truth be told, I knew it would not be a happy one. You wear the mark of knowing pain, Psimon. I did not ask for your tale that you might cheer us. I asked, that we may know you better." She speaks calmly, her voice still quite warm. "Let me tell you what I hear in your tale. It speaks of who you are, my friend."

"You have had a long journey, with much peril and pain along the way. Through this, you are sculpted. By this, I see your strength. You have endured much, and you are still whole." Hexen pauses, her gaze going to each face at the table. "We are honored to have you among us."

"And because your life has been hard, you have learned an appreciation for the little things in life. To be accepted among us is something worth celebrating. Many take company such as we find for granted. But you recognise that which is precious and worthwile. I say that you should be proud of your past, and of your trials. They have made who you are."

Sings a short line to a song, "You should wear with pride the scars on your skin, to remember the adventures and the places you've been.." Gives a quirky smile to those at the table, as though to excuse herself for silliness.

The barmaid brings the bread and some chunks of stewmeat in a dark thick gravy and sets it on the table. Hexen looks up and thanks her, looking hungrily at the food.

"My friends, let us consummate this friendship with the breaking of bread. For even a soul who walks through the veil between this realm and the next, even I cannot live on beer alone. I am famished."

Removing her black leather gloves for the first time, she breaks bread with her clean fingers and pass it round to her companions. Then taking the bread and scooping up meat and gravy with it, wolfishly devouring and then licking her fingers clean. There is a pleased smile as she finishes chewing.

"It is the simple joys such as this that make life worth living."

Seeming to remember something, "I wish I had a story to tell. A way to define my life and my experiences. My story is at it's beginning. My soul is young and inexperienced. I am only a simple girl." She shrugs. "My story is still in the telling as it happens. I define myself with every breath, for my life will be short." She says this simply, without emotion. Looking to her other companions, "Perhaps Tourist or Windsong have a tale worth telling." Hexen picks up another chunk of bread and munches on it, with curious eyes.

Vermehren

(8/1/01 1:53:04 pm)

*Tourist looks courious what happend to Lady Hexen and Psimon. A smile is comeing on his lips, but he seem to realise that this would maybe hurt the two so he take a long drop of his beer, to avoid of smiling or laughing at the two.*

*As Psimon ask to sit down to them, he nods short to accept his inquest. Tourist remains silent, while Psimon tells his stroy. At the end he seem to be disagreeing with something but he still remains silent.*

*As the barmaid came with the bread he gaves her a sign and when she comes closer he is whispering in her ear. She nods and come back later with a a little cheese in a cup and a candle, where he put the cup on it and wait, till the cheese is fluidly then he put some of the bread on his dagger and dip it into the cheese and eat the bread, cover with warm cheese.*

Hmm... That is good...

*Takes another dip from his mug.*

Well, I think I better don't tell the tale that just came into my mind. It is a sad one...

*Look around.*

Anybody else want to share something with us?

Lady Hexen

(8/1/01 5:30:18 pm)

Hexen turns her dark blue eyes to Tourist as he shirks the tale-telling. Her gaze is sharp but she quickly softens it with a polite smile.

"Surely our guild leader can grace us with the telling of his story. I would not presume to ask except that Tourist has already said that within these walls we are all equals. You are not off the hook so easily." She chuckles warmly, then becomes serious again. "Sad or not, we would hear your tale. Perhaps, in sharing, the burden can be made lighter." She is calmly relentless, allowing for no polite way to refuse her.

"Shared pain is diminished, and shared joy increased." She smiles softly and nods encouragingly. "Share with us..."

Seeing the way Tourist is eating his bread, Hexen takes a short wide blade and helps herself to Tourists cheese, spreading it on a chunk of bread. Sitting back in her chair to munch on her bread, she watches the guild leader patiently.

Vermehren

(8/3/01 5:09:16 pm)

*Tourist looks long into the face of Lady Hexen*

Well, everybody say that it is a tale. From thousand only one would consider that it could be something more than a tale. So I think that it would be the best, if someone tells a better story. I don't think that I'm the right one for story telling.

*His eyes seek someone else, who is wanting to tell a story and looks defeated, as no one seem to want to release him from the hook. He sigh sad than he takes a long drop from his mug and starts telling.*

In a country far in the south, there is it tradition that a newborn infant have to spend the first night outside, without someone around.

This isn't a great problem in this country, because the weather is warm and there are no animals that could harm a baby, beside some mosquito. I think from one million babies has only one not surive the first night. It was a tradition that the baby have to show that they are strong.

Shrugs*

Only a odd tradition and no one got harmed by it.

*He take a drop and look around.*

And than a beloved king dies. Some people where whispering that there was poision from the guidance of the king, but there was no proof so no one was accuse him.

The good think was that the queen was pregnant and so the successor of the king would be born very soon. But the guidance was able that the queen make a travle in her fifth month in a cold country with much snow.

Right in the middle of a snowstorm the bird starts. The baby of the warm country is born in a very cold place and the guidance insist that the kid must follow the old tradition and remain the first night in the outside. The queeen wasn't able to do anthing against it, because even the guards want that the old tradition has to been followed.

*He takes another drop out of the mug.*

On the next morning not even a simple sign was left, from the son of the death king.

*Now he lifts the mug and swallow it, till it is empy. He looks into the faces of his bibitor and seem to wait for a comment.*

Hexen

------------------------------------------

Sitting in silence, patiently waiting. When she sees that Tourist has ACTUALLY stopped, her jaw falls open.

"Who was the baby? What happened to the baby?"

She leans forward in interest, her concern showing in her pained eyes.

Psimon2001

Psimon, too, waits for Lord Tourist to continue.

In his heart, he believes that this baby, as he did, has somehow survived, and is the stronger for the journey.

He waits... holds his breath...

Windsongwind

Windsong sits beside Lord Tourist.She looks verry sad . There are tears streaming down her face.

She quietly asks " Please.What of the babe?"

Lady Hexen

Hexen becomes aware that she is not breathing. She holds her breath in anticipation of the tale.

Vermehren

Tourist makes a sign to the waiter and let first refill the mug than he looks around.*

You really want to hear more? Nealy everyone would say that it is only a Tale. So please don't expect that it is true.

*He takes a long drop to wet his throat.*

No one is sure what happened really at this night but the most used explanation is this:

As the newborn baby is laying in the cold snow, helpless and animals are coming closer to take it as a meal the baby was crying and hopes that something would ease his pain, but the cold is only takeing more and more of his little body and it would be only a matter of minutes till the baby would die, without ever seeing the sun...

The fate seem sealed, just another victim to it. So would the baby die, with his mother crying for it in the house, while the guards still hold her to let the baby alone in the snow?

As the last minutes of the lifeclock of the poor baby passed by, there is suddenly something awakeing inside it, something that was burn deep inside it, a special forces that no one would ever expect.

*He looks around if still his companions listen to him, than he nods.*

Please don't be mad at me, if you found this unrealistic.

*Again he looks around if everybody is still listening to him.*

Deep inside his soul there was a force that seeks a familiar force. This force would call itself magic. But at this moment the baby seem to concentrate everything inside itself. It concentrate itself so hard on this force that it don't understand and finally this force surround the whole baby and than the baby is going transparent till it is gone completly.

*He take a little dip out for the mug.*

Hundreds of miles away the baby is becoming visible. Right in front of one of the mightiest wizards of this ages. He notices at once how strong the magic is inside this little baby, imagines how strong would it be if trained well and take it as his apprentice.

But his apprentice was too curious about what blood was flow into his vein. At the age of sixteen years he was able to see back in time to learn his history and from what country he came. He sneak away from his master and hike toward the country that he never has seen before...

*Tourist takes a long drop from the mug.*

It is a unrealistic and sad tale. Are you really want to hear the rest?

*He looks unsure at his companions.*

AP Tourist (#50) United Nations of Terra Leader

A1 Low Mage (#3) Pacifists? Lowest Member

S1 Vermehren (#193)

B2 Tourist (#423) Mages of Forgotten Wars Acolyte

BE Low Mage (#199) Old Secret Guild Masters Ascendant-Immortal

Lady Hexen

Mortal

(8/6/01 10:03:19 pm)

Lady Hexen leans forward on the table, the wood groaning under her weight. The story has hold of her, she releases her breath in an explosive and exasperated gasp.

"Yes, we want to hear the rest." She rattles off quickly, her voice almost shrill with tension. She takes a breath, seeking her calm. "Please Master Tourist, please tell us the rest. I beg of you." She seems to suddenly remember the mug in her hand and takes a long draw from it, wiping the foam from her lip. She forces herself to grow still, her steady gaze pleading with Tourist.

Psimon2001

Psimon is spellbound. The tale is incredible, yet has the unmistakable ring of truth to it. This is no mere fable. This is as true as life itself.

"Please, M'Lord Tourist, continue. It is a tale well told and I feel myself compelled to hear the full telling of it..."

Psimon leans forward, waiting patiently once more.

Good Health and Knowledge to you all, P S I M O N

Lady Hexen

Hexen is beginning to turn a slight shade of blue from holding her breath...

ICQ# 113071560

Vermehren

*Tourist seem to study the mug in his hand very long and don't seem to care about the time and what happend around him. But a good observer would notice that his eyes seem not to notice the mug. Maybe he is just thinking about what he should say now. After a while that someone would see as a eternity he looks up as his companions.*

You suprise me. I never thought that someone else would ever hear this fairy tale. Nearly no one belives that it is true. And nearly everyone agree that this is a silly story.

*He empty the mug with one drop and sign to the waiter to refill his mug, after that he wait till the waiter has go away.*

Even that this mage was young in ages, the magic was very strong inside him. He would be able to teleport into his country with a wink of his eye. But he don't do it. He was going to his country only on his feet.

Nobody know why he did do this. I guess even he don't know it. Some guess that he was to afraid, what will happen, when he arrived at his home country, some others think that he was just enjoing to hike to much and also some others suggest the he see this hike as a pilgrimage toward his home.

*He takes a dip at his mug, than looks around.*

After two years he was close to his country and the pilgrimage would only take some months, but than he hear a rumor, that the former advisor of his father has taken over rulership. He was very crule and was subjugar the people of the country. He also heard someone whispering that the advisor was practice the art of necromancy.

*He take a long look into the face of Lady Hexen than go on.*

He don't hesitate any longer and with a blink of his eye he teleport right into the hall of the king, where now the advisor was sitting on the throne, surronded by zombies and Skelettons.

*Tourist looks very shocked about it.*

The whole people of this country where slain by him and all where awaken by the advisor to raise up again to live there second live as the none liveing.

*Seem to speak to himself.*

The whole peoples.... All of them...

*Than he suddenly realize that he was not alone.*

Sorry, where was I?

Oh yes...

The advisor was surprised, but very soon he send his creature against the young mage, while he start casting spells on him. The young mage was to shocked to do anything now and just before the none living kill him, he just teleport himself a short distance away.

After a while he has think about this and prepare himself for a great battle. He tries to teleport himself back to the advisor, but failes. Also the advisor has prepare himself and has cast some magic enchantments on his country to proteced himself against any form of magic.

What should he do? We are all now long time enugh magicans to know what he had to do.

*He takes a dip from the mug.*

He takes a few acres of land and starts building up a kingdom to defeat the black mage.

*He looks at Lady Hexen than at Psimon*

It was the battle white against black, and even the gods seem speechless, as they see what happends.

The battle take very long, because the young mage have such a little kingdom, but he does his best and finally his holy troops defeat the dark creatures.

The whole time the young mage has tears in his eyes, because he was slaying his own people and he expect a better return home.

*Sigh long and deep*

It would be easy if he could kill the evil, but he have to hurt the erranty good. And so each hit against them, also hurt his heart.

*He takes a long drop till the mug is empty and waits till the waiter refills his mug again*

In the middle of the great celebration after the defeat of the advisor. He stands up and thank his people of his now large kindom and tell them, that they should choose a king by them own, because he will leave them now. And than with a wink of the eye he was gone and no one knows what he is doeing now. But everyone agree that he will be somewhere and use is strong magic agains the ones who opposite him...

*He looks around in the faces of his companions.*

Well, this is the fairy tale. No one really belive in it. It is just a silly story. I'm sorry if I bore you.

*Takes a dip, but his eyes seem to explore the faces of his companions.*

Psimon2001

Psimon sits back in his chair, nodding thoughfully. After a short time he sits forward once more.

"You do not bore us with this tale, Lord Tourist. I think I speak for all when I say you do not bore us with it at all. Your tale has moved me, but I wish to know one thing... Where is this mage now, that I may stand with him against his foes. He sounds a worthy fellow indeed, and I would like to one day join his cause if he will have me...", Psimon adds, looking carefully at Lord Tourist's eyes, "That is... if I haven't already joined that cause...", this last with a small smile and a raised eyebrow.

Lady Hexen

Hexen listens to this tale of light versus darkness with a growing dread... This tale has a resounding familiarity. The tale of light versus darkness is etched into her mind, like the afterimage of brightness, a glowing black void. She is touched by the heroes deeds, she is moved by the cruelty that he stands against, her eyes fill with silent tears for the incalculable losses that he and his people endured. Her heart rejoices to hear of the heroes victory over darkness.

As the story ends, it takes Hexen a few minutes to come back to herself. Slowly she frees her wits of the enchanting tale, sitting back to ponder it's import.

She seems almost startled from her reverie by the words of Psimon. Her stormy brow slowly relaxes as he speaks, as though putting it into perspective.

Hexen nods her agreement to Psimon's words, "In truth, I admire this mage. He did what was needed, even though the cost was great. 'Tis not often you find such strength, such stoicism. To be honest, I would not want to stand against this one, be he real or a fairy tale as you have said. Such a worthy adversary would be the joy of my lifetime to do battle with, but I do not know if I could prevail."

"It always seems to me that the darkness is always conquered... It lets us sleep better at night to think this. But I think that without darkness we would not know what light is." She ponders her beer as she takes another sip. A wise man once told me:

"Light and dark is both sides of a coin. You can't take only one side... You must take them both or leave the coin..."

She nods silently, her gaze still in her mug, though her attention is inward.

Windsongwind

Cautiously Windsong picks up Lord Tourist's hand from the table and turns it palm up. She looks at the lines traced there but says nothing for his future is not for others to know. She kises his palm and lays it back onthe table and takes some of her mead she seems lost in thought.

Lady Hexen

The silence seems to stretch out, becoming a palpable thing. In a sudden blur Hexen slaps her palm down on the tabletop with a sound like thunder. The cups on the table clatter. Hexen is wearing a foolish grin and she scoots forward in her seat, laying her reddened palm open to Lady Windsong.

"Read my fortune to me sister. And spare me nothing. I am a toughminded girl and I want to hear the good with the bad."

Muttering, "That's the problem with the world today... Fairweather friends. They only want to be together during the good times... None seem able to endure the hardships together." Her voice comes back up to talking pitch. "Well, I say bring it on!! I can take it!!"

Hexen looks around frowning, challenging anyone to dispute her claim. Suddenly, she laughs as though this is all some great cosmic joke.

"Ok, sister. Read!!"

Vermehren

*Tourist nods in the direction of Psimon and Lady Hexen*

Thank you for your kindness. I'm happy that you like this fairy tale.

*Shrugs*

Only a few belive that there is somthing more in this story. Most of them are only called a fool.

*Tourist smiles in a way that no one seem to understand. And than listen to the motto that Lady Hexen is saying. Suddenly he is repeating it silent.*

"Light and dark is both sides of a coin. You can't take only one side... You must take them both or leave the coin..."

Each time you throw it in the air you don't know on which side the coin will fall. You may always hope for the light, but you must accept it, when the coin showes the dark...

*He takes a long sip from his mug than nods.*

A very wise man. I hope that you can share later some more of his wisdom with us.

*Suddenly Lady Windsong takes his hand and study his palm and than lay his hand away. He listen if she say something, but if she remains silent, he nods and smiles a slightly smile and than put again the mug on his lips.*

*Than suddenly Lady Hexen layes her hand with the palm on top on the table.*

Oh my dear, be carefull what you hear. The future is open and you will lost your future if you already know it. Then your present will only be a performance to fill your knowen future.

*He nods to himself and takes another dip*

Windsongwind

Looks at Hexen and shakes her head .I will not do this for friends

Psimon2001

Psimon looks from one face to another around the table.

"A poem is in order, I believe, and I will share with you one of my own creation,...", standing, he begins,

"I am Tornado, I come when you call me

I come whirling down at your cry

I am Tornado, my surname is Whirlwind

I come on black wings from the sky

My sister, the Lightning, in letters of splendour

writes my name on the sky

My brother, the Thunder, reads the inscriptions

announcing my name as I fly

I shun mansions, the dens of the wealthy

I roar overhead, on I fly

I come for the trapped, they do the dance

they call me down from on high

I am Tornado! I bring liberation

don't flee from me, children of earth!

I come for the people of poverty's nation

I whirl down to bring them new birth

My black velvet wings I'll wrap tightly round you

I come whirling down at your cry

No more worship when Tornado has found you

I bear you up, free, to the sky"

Psimon raises his cider, " A toast... To friendship and to hatred, to love and to loss, to light and to darkness, to goodness and to evil, to all that seek to build us up and tear us down. To all the things that we have been, are, and will be, and above all, to us. Good health to you all, for I count you friends in all weather, be it fair or foul", he chuckles, "And now I'll sit down for I'm thirsty and out of breath..."

Good Health and Knowledge to you

P S I M O N

App : United Nations of Terra

S1: Shaolin Temple

B2: Mages of Forgotten Wars

Lady Hexen

Her eyes fill with wonder at Psimons rhyme, listening with rapt attention. It reminds her of a riddle. Enigmas have always been a weakness of hers.

She holds her cup aloft at his toast, and in response she says simply,

"To the coin of life, both it's sides! May we be rich with it."

Windsongwind

Windsong stands and raises her glass .

"Thank you that was inspirational"

then very shyly

" In the storm we are born

From it we emerge

Live in peace at its center for a short time

Then to the storm we return

For only there are we truely alive

When the storm passes so will we

To return on the next winds or fury"

* she quickly takes a sip of her mead and hides behind the mug*

Psimon2001

"Well spoken ladies, well spoken indeed", Psimon raises his cider in salute.

He smiles widely, his heart at rest, his mind a-whirl with thoughts of blissful moments.

"Truly I tell you all, I have never been happier!"

Psimon begins to sway in his seat, slowly at first, then a little faster. His free hand struggles with something in his pocket, his other hand becomes unsteady with his tankard. With one last sway he slides off his seat, uttering a small cry of "Oopsie-Daisy", and falls to the floor, the remainder of his cider spilling from his tankard. As he falls, a large, black and white coin tumbles from his unconscious hand. It is inscribed on both sides.

On the white side it reads:

"Good day to you, friend. It rarely happens, but if you have found me in a state of drunkeness, please be so kind as to place me by the nearest fire to sober up. I will reward your noble deed upon my recovery. Many thanks in advance. Peace to you, Psimon."

On the reverse, black side of the coin you read further:

"Rob or assault me while I'm in this state and I will hunt you down like the dog you are, tear your limbs asunder, crush your eyes beneath my heel, having first fed you your own heart while it still beats. Then I will slaughter your children and your children's children. Are we clear?"

The coin feels balanced in your hand...

Lady Hexen

Hexen's eyes watch Psimon as he sways, smiling knowingly as she can feel the intoxication filling his head. There is a familiarity to the way she watches him, her eyes possessive. As he tips from his seat, her hand moves out with a quick whisper she calls a grey shadow that cushions Psimon's head from hitting the floor. The momentary shadow fades, laying his head down gently. She gets up from her seat and bends to pick up the coin, reading both sides.

"Hmm, shall we flip for it?" With a little laugh, she tosses the coin in the air, watching it flip around and around as it seems to fall in slow motion. She catches the coin in her bare palm and slaps it down on the back of her other hand. She lifts her hand and peeks inside at the coin, not showing it to anybody.

"Ok, you take his boots, I want his cloak and his hip pouch." She raises her eyes with a roguish flash as she closes her hand and drops the coin into her pocket.

Hexen crouches down beside him and her hands lift him gently to a sitting position as she gathers him up and lifts his long, featherlight frame as she gets to her feet. She walks so gently to the hearth, careful not to stir him. She lays him down on the thick fur by the warm hearthstones before sitting down beside him. The flames light her face, turning her skin to bronze and her eyes to flickering orange as she stares distractedly into the fire. She sits stoicly over him as she guards him like a dragon might guard it's precious horde.

"Hexen he is safe here with us why don't you come and play some cards with me. We can pull a table up close to him so when he wakes you will still be there."

Windsong reaches into the sleeve of her gown and pulls out a set of very ornate playing cards. then reaching back into the sleave she removes a small vial .

"He might need this when he wakes" she says and smiles

She begins to shuffle the cards . they flash through her fingers in a blur

"You call the game"

Vermehren

*Tourist seem to think about some toast that he can say. His eyes seem to be filled with memories, but just before he stand up, Psimon passed out. He looks worried at him, but he see that there are already the wonderfull Ladies take care of him and it isn't serious hurt. He looks just courious at what is happening and his interesst raise, when he see that Lady Windsong is drawing some cards.*

Windsongwind

"Would you care to join us in a game Sir Mage "

Windsong askes Tourist when she catches his eye.

"Here give us a hand pulling the table closer to the fire"

Lady Hexen

Smiles as her reverie is distracted by a friendly voice.

"I don't remember any card games. Except maybe solitaire. Ghosts are bad at playing cards with. One strong gust of emotion and you've got 52 card pickup." Laughs. "I guess I need to get out among the living more, eh?"

"Please Lady, teach us a game... I want to learn!" She looks suddenly childlike with her eager eyes dancing.

Vermehren

*Tourist nods*

Of course my Lady, to help you is a special pleasure for me...

*He stands up and with a smile he is pulling the table a little more toward the fire, carefull not to make to much sounds to let Psimon regain his streagh without any interruption.*

*His look moves fascinatet from the face of the Lady Windsong and back toward the cards again.*

Windsongwind

The cards change and shift as Windsong runs them through her hands. Tourist sits down to join the ladies an Windsong begins to deal the cards. five to each

"The object is to have 21 points in your hand you must discard one and you may ask the dealer to cange one or all of your cards if you are over 21 you are out untill we begin a new game . OK Hex ? The value of each card is evident"

She lifts her cards and studies her delt hand.

Vermehren

*Tourist looks confused, but very interested*

I never played this game before, but it sounds like a game of chance.

Go on and help me to learn it...

Lady Hexen

Hexen listens to the rules with interest. She tilts her head as though listening to some unknown voice and her face lights up with comprehension.

"Ohhh... Yes, this is a good game." She asks the air, "Why didn't you play this game with me before, Jack?" She nods with a wry smile at the response. She shrugs and rolls her eyes, "Ghosts!"

"My Lord Tourist, this game is not entirely chance. There is some element of skill as well as chance." Hexen seems to listen again, thoughtfully, then laughs slightly with pleasure at some silent joke. "Friend Tourist, if you would allow me the honor, there is a spirit I know of who has a love for all card games. He says he would like to help you play your game." She tilts her head to listen, then actually turns her face with a shocked and slightly angry expression to an empty spot of air. "No Jack. That's cheating! You will speak only to Tourist, if he chooses to listen. AND I will make it so I cannot hear your words. Tourist will have to tell me when he is done with your advice and I should release the bond."

She works the spell quickly with an angry sounding whisper, leaving it to Tourist to decide if he wants the advice of the card playing spirit named Jack. Meanwhile, she picks up her own cards. She seems to listen to a voice at her ear, arranging her cards as she nods with understanding.

Looks back up at Windsong. "Is there any bet? Do we discard now?"

To Tourist's perception only, a sharp faced spirit is walking from behind Hexen to greet Tourist. He seems eager and quick eyed. He sounds irish when he speaks, clipped and fast talking. "Greetings friend. Any friend o' Hexen's is a friend o' mine." He rubs his hands together, his eyes flashing. "So, uh... Do you mind if I sit in and watch?"

Vermehren

*Tourist looks unsure at the spirit than he seem to think about it.*

Ok...

*He nods and take up to cards, but makes sure that no one can see it, even the ghost. His face is full of confusion.*

Hmm... What value have the cards?

*He say a few seconds nothing.*

And the Ace, if I may ask you?

*He seem to hear something inside him and than he nods*

Hmm... Thanky you.

*Tourist looks long at his cards.*

I think I need a card more...

*Looks unsure at Lady Windsong.*

Psimon2001

As the friends 'learn' this wonderful new game, Lady Hexen notices a strange rumbling sound begins, slowly getting louder. She glances across at Psimon sleeping in front of the fire, only to discover that he is no longer there...

In the place where he lay there sleeps a large black and white snow leopard. Lying fully stretched before the warmth of the flames, the leopard is purring.....

P S I M O N

App : United Nations of Terra

S1: Shaolin Temple

B2: Mages of Forgotten Wars

Lady Hexen

This girl sits guarding over her resting love. She sits on the thick werebear pelt rug near the fire, her back warmed by the flames, her soul warmed by the flame of his nearness. She must shift up to her knees to see the table, rising up to take her card before resting back on her heels as she arranges her cards.

If Psimon had left her side, the bond between them would have informed her of the loss. Perhaps this is why she turns so calmly at the gravelly sound behind her. Her eyes widen with the sight of the huge animal stretched and sleeping there. She giggles softly, tugging off her black gloves to touch the fur of this great beast, fearlessly and familiarly running her fingers through the fur. She leans close, rubbing her face through his fur with a big grin, just loving the feel of him. "Psimon..." Her voice is soft and singsong.. "You're dreaming, beloved, and you aren't dreaming of me..." Hexen pretends to pout. Her voice drops to a whisper, "And you're snoring." She giggles as she sits up, smiling softly at him in his sleep.

Still idly stroking his fur with her bare hand, she looks back at her cards and a wispy tendril of shadow slides a card from her hand and lays it face down on the table. "One please, Lady Windsong."

Psimon2001

The leopard wakes at the feel of Lady Hexen's hand and slowly rolls over so his sleek stomach can be rubbed.

He playfully catches her arm with his front paws and licks along the length of her arm with his very rough tongue...

Lady Hexen

Turning back to look at the stretching cat, her finger run over his belly, her nails running scritch, scritch. She wrinkles her nose in a smile at the look of lolling pleasure on the cats face from scratching the right spot. Impulsively, Hexen leans back. She rests her head on belly of this big cat while one hand still lingers through his fur. She looks at her hand of cards with a bored expression.

"Windsong, cards are boring without something to gamble for." She pouts a little, then lights up with an idea. "Hey, what if the loser had to do something to entertain. Anything. Song, poem, dance, fighting demonstration... whatever. Just something to break up the game of cards, eh?" She rolls her head to the side, her cheek rubbing on the soft fur of the

Do you understand now?

*wiggles her toes in the glorious fur at her feet*

Psimon2001

The leopard rolls over onto Lady Windsong's feet, wrapping his forepaws around her leg. He grips her leg between his strong paws and starts to lick her leg.

After a few moments of this, he snaps his jaws upon one of her slippers, proceeding to chew on it's softness...

He is still purring loudly.

Windsongwind

Mortal

Hey! you naughty cat give that back! It's my best pair.Then she just collapses into a fit of giggles. Cards forgotten as she slides off her chair to tickle the huge beast.

Lady Hexen

Laughing to see her friend wrestling with the big cat, she ducks the powerful swishing tail as Psimon tussles gently with Windsong.

Scooting out of tailsweep range, Hexen wonders who has the upper hand in this match, knowing how slight Psimon is built. Hopping up on the chair next to Tourist with a gleam in her eye, "I'll bet you that Psimon can outwrestle Windsong." She is grinning maniacally. "I'll bet you a poem. The loser has to recite."

Hexen seems pretty confident, but not confident enough to bet much. She has a sneaking suspicion that Psimon might just "let" Windsong win.

The pair of wrestlers tussle over the slipper, the deep resonant growl set up sympathetic vibrations all down her spine. The girl laughing, the leopard playfully growling, they roll right into the table. Like lightning the hands of Tourist and Hexen both snap out, catching the mugs of beer before they fall.

She laughs, exchanging a humorous glance with Tourist. "Didn't spill a drop, here! How about you?" She looks over Tourist quizzically. "Nope... Because, we know what's important. We saved the beer!!!" She dissolves into laughter and then takes a breath before draining one of the mugs and tossing the empty to the barwench.

Psimon2001

The leopard is slight yet agile, his paws large and forceful. The match is a close one.

After much tumbling and growling, a tangle of two arms, six legs, four paws, and a tail, the big cat springs from the floor onto the mantle, slipper still firmly held in his mouth. Realising he is too large for the ledge there, he falls back to the floor, landing softly and facing Lady Windsong as she rises to her hands and knees.

The pair face one another, Lady Windsong very still as the leopard growls deeply, the rumble easily heard outside the tavern, his tail twitching from side to side quickly, as though agitated. His body is very still as he stands proudly before her but she could swear he winks as he opens his mouth to drop the slipper in front of her...

The leopard rubs his face across Lady Windsong's shoulder then moves to rub against Lady Hexen's leg as she sits at the table with no beer in her tankard. Her wager is lost. Lady Hexen owes Lord Tourist a recital....

Windsongwind

Windsong stands up still laughing .Picks up the now soggy slipper and wrings it out

"Ugh! It's slimy..... Oh well!"

She tucks both slippers into her belt.

Catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror behind the bar she Quickly staightens out her gown and brushes out her hair with her fingers. But it is hopeless her hair is a mess. She just gives up on it and gets some mead at the bar and rejoins her friends.

"Barkeep I think a pail of cold water is needed for our feline friend."

And to the leopard she winks "You let me win! I think that it is you who owes us a poem."

Hexen smirks at the cat as she gets to her feet. She carries her empty mug to the bar and sets it down without a word. Then she turns and draws herself up very straight. She prepares the words of a song in her mind. The soulchoir collar hangs unused in her beltpouch. She will not seek it's aid.

Instead, when she sings, her voice is fragile and soft. Her singing voice isn't beautiful, but she sings with a soft and loving passion. The song is intimate, slow... Somewhere between a lullaby and a love song...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You come from far away

With pictures in your eyes

Of coffeeshops and morning streets

In the blue and silent sunrise

But night is the cathedral

Where we recognized the sign

We strangers know each other now

As part of the whole design

Oh, hold me like a baby

That will not fall asleep

Curl me up inside you

And let me hear you through the heat

You are the jester of this courtyard

With a smile like a girl's

Distracted by the women

With the dimples and the curls

By the pretty and the mischievous

By the timid and the blessed

By the blowing skirts of ladies

Who promise to gather you to their breast

Oh, hold me like a baby...

You have hands of raining water

And that earring in your ear

The wisdom on your face

Denies the number of your years

With the fingers of the potter

And the laughing tale of the fool

The arranger of disorder

With your strange and simple rules

Yes now I've met me another spinner

Of strange and gauzy threads

With a long and slender body

And a bump upon the head

With a long and slender body

And the sweetest softest hands

And we'll blow away forever soon

And go on to different lands

And please do not ever look for me

But with me you will stay

And you will hear yourself in song

Blowing by one day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her eyes are closed and she sways on her feet, rocking softly as the song finishes with a lilting and wordless harmony...

She grows still and opens her eyes, blinking as though she must remember herself again. The smile chases away the last of the softness and she makes a quirkly little curtsy, which looks even funnier dressed all in leather as she is. She strides back to the table and sets it back up, winks at Tourist to show him it's safe to put the two mugs down on the table. She gestures to the barmaid for more beer.

Then looking at Windsong and Tourist she smirks sarcastically and starts clapping. "Not bad, not good, but not bad either... That girl can't carry a tune in a bucket... but not bad despite that." Her eyes dance with mirth as she takes a slow sip from the mug the barmaid brings her and eases down into the chair.

OOC: For those interested, it's Suzanne Vega, "Gypsy". It's long been a favorite song of mine.

ICQ# 113071560

Vermehren

*Very soon are the cards forgotten and Tourist looks this interessting fight. He was sure that the cat wouldn't hurt the Lady*

What for a challing fight. And what for a good price... a pair of slippers.

*He laughts and catch the mug of beer, before anything serious happend.*

Yes, my Lady, this is a good price. Let us bet on the winner of this fight.

*He sits himself again down and is looking courious, who will be the winner of this fight. Moveing his lips a little, as if he was saying silently words to cheer up someone.*

*As Lady Windsong was winning, he looks toward Lady Hexen, with a smile on his face and say nothing, as if he now expect to get the wagner.*

*His eyes lay on Lady Hexen, as she is singing and as she has finish and sit down he points at the collar.*

With this your voice is so beautyfull and everybody will say how wonderfull and charming your voice is...

*He is thinking about this.*

But everybody that have hear you sing without it, hear your voice fighting lonely against the silent like a little bird in a storm. So defendless and pittyfull but still trying your best.

*He slowly shakes his head.*

Thoese that have heard this will wish that you dig your collar and never use it again. I have seen two kinds of beauty today. One beauty by the magic of your collar and one truly beauty.

*Looks long at her, than he nods.*

Thank you very much. I feel honored that you have sing this for me, even when it is only a bet wagner.

Psimon2001

When Lady Hexen has finished her song and returned to the table, the leopard stands his front paws onto her seat, his head now level with hers, only inches from her.

For a long moment he stares into her eyes, blinking slowly...

Lady Hexen hears his 'voice' in her mind, the message focussed, for her alone.

When he is done, has said what he wants her to know, he lowers his head to her lap and rests there...content just to be close to her.

Lady Hexen

The girl holds the steady gaze of the leopard for a moment, her vision feeling tricked to see one black eye and one white looking back at her. Though his duality is mixed throughout in this form, his eyes still remember their color. Hearing his silent thoughts whisper through her mind, she closes her eyes and butts her forehead against the head of the cat, seeming to take comfort for some secret and gentle ache. She relaxes her hold on this feeling with a sigh as he lays his head upon her lap.

Smiling softly at Windsong. "Sister, seeing the two of you romp around... it just looked like so much fun. Perhaps getting low to the ground and running about as an animal is a good outlet for our primal nature. Sometimes we just need to let the beast run, lest the beast take us for a run, eh?" She strokes through the thick spotted fur and she looks down into his catface as though asking him the question. "It could be fun to become an animal and romp and play, though I think that Psimon would be at a disadvantage for any more wrestling matches. I can't think of what we should do. Any ideas?"

Windsongwind

In the blink of an eye Hexen finds another large cat at her feet.A puma sleak and pretty. She buts her head into Hexen's lap pushing the leopard away to ger her ears rubbed.

Lady Hexen

Suddenly her lap is a coveted place and Hexen seems most surprised by this change. Stroking the sleek and tawny head of the puma, Hexen leans down to rub her face against the head of this new cat. As the two cats rub their faces, vying for her lap and her attentions, Hexen laughs and tousles the scruff of Psimon while still stroking Windsong's sleek ear. She sits up again with a little laugh. "Two big cats, predators... I could continue this game, choose a form that I would be sure to win against you both. A tiger?" Her eyes widen. "Or I could make it fun and be a big wolf. That would make it a bit more challenging for me." She seems to ponder and then suddenly her face lights with an idea. In the same instant she disappears from sight.

The two cats mentally hear Hexen's voice. "I wonder which one of you can catch me. But if you do catch me, don't eat me all up, ok?" There is a small motion from the chair, and they suddenly see a tawny little rodent standing on it's hind legs on the chair where Hexen once sat. The dust colored kangaroo rat is 9 inches long, half of that length being made up of its long, bushy-tipped tail. It stands up on its oversized backfeet and jackrabbit looking hind legs and wiggles it's little nose and whiskers at the two cats as though taunting them.

Some instinct and curiousity is piqued in the pair of cats and they cannot help but draw close and sniff. With a little tan blur, the rodent is off, and before they realize it both cats are giving chase, unable to resist the game.

Windsongwind

Mortal

The puma jumps straight up into the air landing on top of the unsuspecting leopard and then she leaps on to the table. (So much for trying to save the beer sorry) then she is off trying to catch the rodent.

Psimon2001

Momentarily stunned by the puma landing on him, the leopard is slow to give chase at first, then quickly accelerates after the long-tailed rodent.

As he runs around the room, his paws slipping on the smooth floor, his bulk smashes into the other tables and chairs in the tavern. Some patrons are lucky enough to save their food, their drink, or their dignity. Others are not so fortunate.

The uproar in the tavern is enormous as food, drink, and tavern patrons are scattered in all directions, scrambling to escape the two big cats as they pass or simply brushed aside as though they were only so much tall grass or snow-covered branches.

The cats pass one another many times as they give chase, and the leopard checks his run at times just to block the puma's path, at one point even planting his forepaw in the face of his opponent. If he cannot get the rodent, he will not allow another to get it too easily...

Lady Hexen

As the two cats give immediate chase, the little rodent moves like lightning, filled with a very real fear for her life as her tiny little heart hammers in her chest. The same primal instinct that makes the cats give chase, gives a sudden burst of panic induced speed to the little rat. Small as she is, she weaves and darts so quickly, turning and springing, weaving under the low and small places. The more agile puma goes around, while the great brute of a leopard often goes through or over, mowing down patron and furniture alike. In tight quarters like this, the little rat has no place to flee to, sometimes springing against walls and changing direction so fast it leaves the faster, bulkier cat sliding face first into the wall.

The waitress begins screaming in panic and hops onto a chair as the furry blur scurries past her foot. Seeing an opportunity, the rat scampers under the chair and stops. The breakneck pursuit of the pair of cats carry them to the chair as their claws dig into the wood floor in a last-ditch effort to stop. The tawny eyes of the puma widen as she draws just to a stop before impacting the chair, but then the leopard slides into her, knocking the chair and waitress tumbling in a heap down on the tangled pair of cats.

Stunned and tangled, a heavy waitress sitting upon the back of the leopard, he cannot move as the little rat jumps up and lands on the top if his nose. The leopard crosses his eyes to focus on the rat, who stands on her hind legs momentarily to wiggle whiskers at him. The little rat voice sounds almost like laughter. In the meantime, the puma has freed herself of the tangle and slinks up from one side, bunching to pounce. As the tawny paw comes sailing downward, the rat darts, quick as a flea, leaving the bare nose of the leopard open to the swat of the puma's paw. The rat still seems to be laughing hysterically as she zigzags across the bar floor and then disappears under the tavern door, leading outside.

Windsongwind

The puma stops short of the door and blinks.

Windsong appears again for a brief moment. waves her hand in the air and sets every thing back where it belongs.

"Sorry" she laughs

Then the puma reappears and races out the door

Psimon2001

The leopard looks dumb-struck as the rat runs under the door with the puma in hot pursuit.

He sits and rubs his sore nose for a moment, then with a resigned look and a thought to Lord Tourist,

"Come, join us, my good friend. It will be fun to run for a while. We have sat in this fine establishment too long. Our minds grow still. Let us feel the wind in our fur...er, I mean hair as we run together", he sets off out the door in pursuit of the rat and the puma...

Windsongwind

| Edit

With a great leap the puma clears the door and heads for the nearest cover, an overturned barrel .There she crouches surveying the area. Tense and ready to strike

Lady Hexen

From her perch atop the barrel, obscured by a little bed of brown leaves, the Hexen rat wonders what the puma is doing inside the barrel. Still too timid to move, she strains her ears to listen for any activity from within. Petrified, she holds completely still, even when a gust of wind picks up the leaves that were her camoflage and blows them away. Suddenly unprotected, she sits in plain sight, but cannot find even the courage to move.

ICQ# 113071560

Psimon2001

Magician

(9/13/01 1:32:56 am)

The leopard stops and stands just outside the tavern door, his eyes becoming accustomed to the light. Suddenly he disappears...

The rat, cowering and shaking on the barrel, feels a mighty weight pressing down on her tail, holding her fast to the barrel. Turning her head, heart like a trip-hammer in her throat, she stares straight down the throat of the leopard who has reappeared silently behind her. His jaws open, teeth glinting, as her doom encompasses her. The leopard snaps the rat into his mouth in one very small, very afraid bite.

The lights go out for the rat as she sits, warm and now wet inside the leopards mouth, but he does not chew or swallow her, simply holds her in his mouth, his lips allowing a small breeze to pass through.

Windsongwind

Silently the puma crawls out of the barrel and around behind the smug leopard.Who is so proud of himself he innot aware of her passing . She gets in just the right spot and grabs a mouthfull of tail biting down hard. The leopard Yeowls and drops the little frightened rat. The puma lets go and heads for cover.

Lady Hexen

The rat hits the ground stunned, and sopping wet. She stands up, shakes herself from head to the tip of her little bristling tail. Then she stands, trying her best to look fearless though her heart feels like it will burst. She stands to her full bristling height of 4 and a quarter inches and she squeaks her protest at the big leopard. In their minds, her voice sounds shrill with panic.

"You cheated!! Nobody said anything about teleportation. Where's the fun in that? We are playing cat and mouse and then you go teleporting!! Oh, you big cheater. Cheater! Cheater! Cheater!" The little rat looks all spiky with wet fur, she stands on her hind feet, her whiskers twitching furiously as she squawks and chatters. "Eww, I feel so funky, all covered in cat drool. Your tongue feels like sandpaper!!! Cheater, cheater!!" Her little shrill voice rattles on, until abrubly the little rat vanishes.

Her mental speech is more calm now, like a low whisper. "Now, you have the choice. Do you want to play an animals game, or a wizards game? I'm up for both."

ICQ# 113071560

heyitspat

The door opens and a second later, someone enters.

"Wizards game?" asks a poorly dressed stranger. "Do you mind if I join?" All the animals turn to stare at the new, old man.

"I happened to be passing by the door of this tavern when I heard someone mention wizards games." The man changes form, to a black serpant, and back again in the blink of the eye. Now all can tell that he is able to control magic as well. "You have no need to know my real name, but those that know me now call me Bane."

heyitspat

Everyone just blinks at the name of Bane. The man starts looking from face to face, "what? it's my name, really."

"well, maybe it's not my name but come on, you would change your name too if it was Clarence Boobers III." Clarence sits in a vacant chair and puts his head down on the table, crying. "darnit all, why am i such a big loser." Once he gains his composure he gets up and asks, "well, can i play? after all, i was willing to tell you my biggest secret. you can trust me now."

Now everyone is staring at the leapord.

Lady Hexen

A little rat squeezes under the door from the outside, scurrying across the wooden floor. She stops at Bane's boot and stands up on her hind legs. Her manner is very straight and proper for a rat. She seems to take a very slow and courtly bow. In the blink of an eye, the rat disappears and is replaced by a bowing Hexen. Tousled blond hair almost obscures her dancing blue eyes.

"M'Lord Bane, I find your true name to be most dignified." Her bow brings her face close and she leans in to whisper. "My parents gave me the name of Hortence Crook." She makes a fast of disgust as she stand up. "So you see why I like to be called Hexen. If you really ARE a loser, then I think you are in the right company. I know that I'm a loser too."

Her funny smile wrinkles her nose up and then she disappears and on the floor where she stood stands a sleek little brown rat, wiggling it's whiskers at Bane. The Hexen-rat hops in an excited little circle.

Gently projected, her mindspeak whispers in Bane's brain. "So the game so far has been to catch me. They are cats, and I'm a rat. But then silly Psimon cheated and now the rules have changed. Come and play, come outside and play!" She stands on her hind legs and hops a couple of times excitedly before starting for the door. She stops a few yards from the door to the outside and stands to look back.

(Meanwhile, outside)

The two cats are still, looking and listening for any sign of the rat. There is a rustle in the bushes. Then there is a sound of movement from a completely different direction. The sounds seem to come from many places, but for her to move that fast, it's near impossible. And then some of the movement seems to come simultaneously, confusing the pair of cats. Little brown blurs are dodging between the low underbrush, dashing under the deck of the taverns porch. There seems to be quite a swarm of rats now.

Hexen's voice is taunting in their heads. "Alright, then. Now you have to figure out, and catch, the right rat. Which one is me?"

Psimon2001

The leopard closes its eyes for a moment then bounds off after the real Hexen-Rat.

Running quickly between the trees, under, over and around the low undergrowth, he pursues her.

She scrambles under the tavern's porch, he follows. She bounds over the pathway, he follows. She tries to shake him by ducking underneath a thorny bush...

It works! He barrels, unthinking, into the bush; realising too late that its thorns are long and sharp, his fur is long and prone to tangling in thorny bushes...

He screams in anguish, a bone-rattling screech, as he is stuck fast to the bush, the thorns digging into his flesh when he tries to move. Black blood from the thorns entry points begins to clog his soft fur. He struggles but it only makes matters worse. He quickly becomes weak, too weak to hold himself upright, as his blood pools beneath the thorn bush, seeping into the ground, staining it black.

Within moments of crashing into the bush, he is unconscious, trapped within his doom...

Lady Hexen

The "true" Hexen-rat that the snow leopard had followed stops on the other side of the bush to watch him struggle in the bramble. In truth, every one of the little rats is truly Hexen. Her soul has fragmented into the swarm, her thinking also made disperse. The rats slowly gather together, the presence of her growing with each new arrival, all focusing their attentions on the Psimon leopard. When there is enough of her gathered up, Hexen focuses her mind on sensing Psimon's essence.

All of the rats hold very still, then suddenly they sweep into the thornbush in a little brown wave. The rats seem to cover him in a living blanket, their little teeth going fast to work on the thornbush. The brambles are one by one untangled, the thorns removed. Slowly the cat is lowered from the embrace of the briar, the little rats still seem to swarm over his bulk, removing further thorns and little rat tongues cleaning the wounds.

Inside the Tavern, the little rat looks back at Bane with a squeak. "Oh, my love. He's hurt." And then she scurries out faster than lightning.

Psimon2001

As the leopard is lowered, unconscious, to the ground, he slowly changes form, reverting to Psimon's true form.

The rats work feverishly over him, cleaning his wounds, the last of the thorns is removed, the hole sealed with coagulated blood.

All the rats gather over and around him, but they can feel the warmth of his body leaving him, just as his blood had seeped from him earlier.

He is still. His chest does not rise or fall. No air enters or leaves his lungs. There is no beating of his heart.

Hexen can feel him, 'see' his soul, within the lifeless husk that is his body.

He is gone.

There is no life in his form, yet his soul remains, bound to this place by something stronger than life and death itself...

A chill breeze picks up the leaves scattered over the path, whipping them into small whirlwinds, swirling along the path, over Psimon's body. As the last of the cold air leaves his body, his robes sag to the ground, empty.

His body is no more, but his soul remains, now without a home. It stands where his body once lay, looking lost, mournful, a little afraid.

His soul reaches forward, arms outstretched, seeking comfort from those he loves, seeming to mouth the words 'hold me...'

Lady Hexen

There is a growing moan, a sussurant aching sound as the rats all gather together. But it is not the voice of Hexen, but the pain of the souls that she holds within her. The rats all gather together, leaving Hexen kneeling on the ground, holding her beloveds robe to her weeping face. The spirits tug at her, lift her face, force her to see that there is yet a way. Though the ache of losing him makes her ears somewhat deafened to their cries, slowly the screams sink through her haze of pain.

"He is not dead. He plays a trick of spirit shifting. He is not on this side." Her look is sharp, burning with rage as she looks up, following the direction that the spirits show her. Her glare is piercing when she finds him, his body resting in the treetop while he projects his spirit. With a hiss of rage, her eyes blacken and the storm of her spirit brood move with such stinging speed that the chill of them surrounding him and caging him, surrounding him in frightening and alien intelligence. Her pain makes her wreckless, she does not hold them back as well as she can, and some of the more hungry spirits pierce him, sharing their ache and their darkness with the Ascendant mage before she notices and hisses the word of command that makes them draw back.

"Tag is it?" Her own voice sounds raw, shaking in anger. "Well, you're still it!" With another hissing command, the cloud of wills draw back from him, letting him fall. They flurry around Hexen as she closes her eyes against the spirit dust. Obscuring her for a moment in the gray blur, when it clears, she is nowhere to be seen.

Psimon2001

Psimon's body disappears from atop the tree, as his spirit vanishes also, then he steps whole and very much alive from within the tree itself.

"Rats!" he declares, his feint thwarted by Hexen's sharp mind and wise spirits. He stands, looking at the puma, and shrugs his shoulders.

"Curses!... I think I've angered her, M'Lady Windsong... I meant no offense but I have been insensitive to her. To me, all things, even death, can be faced with an emotion of one's choosing; dignity, grace, fear, anger, laughter or weeping. But I sometimes forget that not all have that perspective. I have seen inside her world, I have seen it and been awed by it, yet still I stumbled like a fool over her feelings. Like a fool, indeed! I am a fool!! Why must I always learn these lessons at the expense of someone I care for?"

He bangs his fist against his thigh as he sits on an exposed tree root, his head hanging low.

"What can I do to make amends? I must surely do something... mustn't I? Oh ... I am lost in matters of the heart! I have too little experience. I am ignorant and I dispise ignorance! "

"Do I continue the game or go after her, dear Windsong. What must I do? Help me..."

But before Lady Windsong can change form or speak, Psimon lifts his head...

"Wait... she is not far away... " then without warning, he lunges forward and gently swats the puma on the ears...

"You're IT!!" he shouts and then vanishes...

Windsongwind

Windsong unlike her sistermage had figured out the trick. In the guise of predator she had smelled his presence in the tree. and the mind bond to Psimon had not been severed so she did not mourn.

But the game has lost it's appeal and in the center of the forecourt of the tavern a bright light forms around the puma . the light grows and glows enveloping the large cat.A loud clap is heard the light dissipates .Windsong stands in the puma's place.She strides through the door of the tavern tapping the mage in her way on the shoulder "Tag your it." she whispers into his ear.

She grabs a mug from a passing wench and not even looking at the contents drinks it all in one gulp. Then she walks to her chair by the fire , picks up her hand of cards and waits for Lord Tourist to play his hand.

Lady Hexen

As Windsong relaxes down into her chair, wearied by the game, she feels a little tickle on her side. A little movement makes her jump and look down to find the sleek little rat hiding in a fold of her gown. The little creature curls around herself seeking comfort, the little bushy tail folded over her nose. The Hexen-rat focuses hard on clamping down her mental shields, thus explaining why Windsong did not at first sense her. Even knowing where to look, Windsong senses only the rat, Hexen's mind is locked away. The little rat brings a finger to her little rat face and there seems to be the tiniest curl of a smile on the thin lips. She nestles down, finding some respite as she sends the spirit fragment of her broadcasting sense of self skidding like a kite over the landscape, leading Psimon the merry chase.

Windsongwind

Windsong gently picks up the small rat. Nuzzles with it nose to nose for a minute then places it on her shoulder so it can follow the game and watch the door from it's perch.

Lady Hexen

The little rat scurries over the fine skinned shoulder of the Lady and darts up into the safety of her neck, hidden by Windsong's thick black mane. The rat tries not to tickle too much, but the sleek furred little body and the cool padded feet and tiny claws are enough to make the Lady squirm just a little.

Meanwhile the Lady Hexen's id, charged with all of her emotion slips through the land, hiding and then darting onward, just out of reach of Psimon's awareness.

Psimon2001

Psimon once more stands within the large tree across from the tavern, as one with the tree.

His senses survey the area; the standard senses which so many take for granted, along with his unique senses. They search high and low, finding many fragments of Hexen scattered widely and spreading further as the little rats scurry about.

Having watched Lady Windsong return to the tavern to take up her cards again, sensing a small, indistinct life form very close to her, and after a pause of several minutes, Psimon steps out of the tree once more. Watching carefully for the mage who is 'IT', he crosses the pathway to the front of the Tavern.

He appears to be talking to himself...

"Well Logan, I've done it again. Yes, I know... I think I'll sit here for a while. Maybe they've grown tired of my company. Maybe they've grown tired of my games... These humans are so very 'immediate', though, so emotional... I have much to learn... No, Logan, thanks for your concern, I think I'd better wait here... I have waited more than two hundred human summers to know love, I think I can wait a little longer to know forgiveness... Yes, you carry on with your hunt. Part of me is not far from where you are, but do not worry for us... " he laughs, "Yes! I know you love them too, and I'm sure they love you. You are a part of me after all!"

He smiles. A contented, patient smile. Part of him is disturbed by events, part of him wonders what all the fuss is about, still another part struggles with the questions of why and how, and yet another gives up - surrendering to the moment, content to simply be near them. He sits on the ground, folding his long legs beneath himself, and begins to meditate...

Lady Hexen

A breeze slips close to him, cold and faintly bitter like dark earth. Not wanting to disturb him, the Hexen spirit gains physical form very slowly so that the wood planks of the porch don't give her away as she rests down on them. She sits silently, watching him in his meditative state.

Some dull and sad ache is still in her as she looks upon him. The sight of him brings her joy, a sweet and undeniable longing, but also this little sadness.

"You should never cry wolf beloved, for now I will never believe you if you ever are truly in danger. You have shown me that you are invulnerable, and now I will believe only that all the length of my days." Her whisper is so tender and sad. "And one day the universe may prove you a liar. I hope I do not live to see that day."

Psimon2001

Armageddon has come and gone again.

Life awakes - stirs anew - amongst the cracks and crags of the world known as Terra, and the mages, knights, clerics, and peasants join the multitude of wondrous creatures in greeting the new dawn...

Psimon stirs from his meditation and gazes into the frowning face before him.

"Fret not, beloved, for nought that this universe contains can destroy me utterly. But the others will no doubt be joining us soon... see, the cycle begins again, as it always has, and always will do"

His eyes shift to the renewed form of the world around them and the spark of joy that he has found here is lit once more within them. A smile breaks across his face...

"Come, let's go inside and greet our dear friends as they emerge from their 'sleep'. And let's see if we can sneak a few rounds of drinks in before we have to start buying them for everyone again!" He laughs heartily and grasps Hexen's hand, pulling her through the Tavern door.

Rushing up to the bar, he levitates two tankards, fills them with beer and hands one to Hexen.

Raising his drink, he declares a toast "To the new dawn... It's a BRAVE NEW WORLD!!"

Windsongwind

Windsong rises from her chair to greet her beloved friends in a warm embrace.

" I'm so glad to be back together." hugging them both tightly to her.

Lady Hexen

The young soul of Hexen has not known as many cycles through Armageddon and back again, and so she seems a bit far away, blinking around confused as she sifts through the memories of her soul. As the settings become familiar she is relaxing, remembering the sights and smells of one of her favorite places.

To Psimon and then Wren and then Tourist, she looks and searches each face and then smiles brightly as if in greeting. Suddenly she strides to the table where Tourist sits, lifts up the pitcher to toast to Psimon's words and then she starts to drink right from the pitcher as though it were only a very large stein. She sits in her familiar chair still keeping the pitcher to herself as she smiles so happily around.

Vermehren

*Seconds and seconds pass, minutes and minutes, hours and hours, daey and dayes, weeks and weeks and Tourist is still looking at his cards, not noteceing anything around him.

His friend where playing this magic cat game and he is to concentratet to realize what they are doing, his eyes are still staring at the cards.

Armagedon came and everybody is dying outside the Tavern and than recarnating and Tourist is still studing the two cards, not moveing his eyes not away from them.

After a time that seems to be more than one eternity he looks up to Lady Windsong, his face bare without and emotion and he seem not to notice how long he has looks at his cards.*

Please one more card, Mylady.

*He looks around for the pitcher and looks a little confused, as he found the pitcher in the hands of Lady Hexen.*

Windsongwind

Sits back down and hands Tourist two new cards.Then gets up ,goes to the bar and brings a new pitcher to the table and refills everyone mugs

Vermehren

*He looks very happy as he see his mug refilled and takes first a long dip than he looks again at his cards.*

Hmm... Five cards are the maximum you say? Than I still need one card. I hope that I finaly get some points...

*He looks a little unhappy at his cards.*

Windsongwind

Windsong reaches across the table and gently puts her hands on his cards and pushes them down. " You seem upset by something my friend care to talk about it?"

The cards magicall disappear and end back in Windsong's pouch.

and two more jugs of beer are delivered to the table.....

"would you like a refilll?"

Vermehren

*He looks up, confused and shakes his head.*

Don't worry, that where only the cards that I dislike.

*He pats her hands.*

I'm fine. Thank you very much for concern for me. But I'm quite okay.

*He smiles at her than looks at the new jugs and smiles a little more.*

That is very nice from you. Always want to take care of me?

*He lift the jugs and and cheer to her, than put it on his lips and take a long drop.*

Lady Hexen

Hexen sits in fine company and slowly drains the entire pitcher of beer, gradually becoming more and more pink cheeked and shiny eyed. She seems a bit surprised that her alcohol tolerance isn't so good, due to her newly reborn status. When she stands to take the pitcher back to the bar, she must steady herself on a chair and then she walks very carefully over to the bar and sets down the pitcher with a clunk.

"Ummm, thank you." she says in slurred tones before weaving her way slowly and carefully back to her seat and sinking down into it. Lady Hexen then looks over at Lady Windsong and at Tourist with a silly grin. Then her eyes very drunkenly shift around the room, looking for someone and not really seeing him right away.

Psimon2001

He carefully watches the table where his friends sit. Watches as they take up their cards, imbibe their drinks, smile and begin to laugh once more. The trauma of Armageddon is fading in their memories, though the event always remains.

He stares at the table, his gaze extending beyond the wooden surface, his eyes focussed on a time and place so far away.

"Why do you taunt me like this?" His voice is low, a mere whisper. His face appears tormented.

"Haven't you done enough to me? Leave me alone... let me be. .."

Windsongwind

Windsong senses some deep torment with in her friend but refrains from going to him an as the feeling also carried with those thought is dark and old and very evil

..She gives him a mental hug and motions for him to come and join them "I have some ice water for you My Lord"

Vermehren

*Tourist is looking worried at Lady Hexen.*

Are you okay now or are you feeling a little to drunk?

*He is looking courious at her.*

*Than he hears what Psimon is say and wants to answer, but than notice that Lady Windsong already seem to take care of him.*

*So he payes more attention to Lady Hexen.*

I don't want to force you to something, but I wouldn't look down at you, if you would drink a little of a none alcohol drink.

*He smiles at her.*

So can I order you a drink?

Lady Hexen

There is a sudden flash of alarm in the drunken blue eyes of the Nether mage, a frown clouding her features as her mind struggles to grasp what is wrong. Through the severence from life and reincarnation, the link with Psimon's soul seems to have weakened for when she reaches out her mind she finds the place that his presence once occupied is closed to her. The tall girl gets to her feet, her hand on Lord Tourist's shoulder first to steady her and then to tell him that she is alright as she feels her blood slowly purified of the alcohol through a force of will.

Gently she moves to Psimon and waits near his side, her mind willing him to use the strength that those who love him can offer. Hexen feels her sister mage moves so lightly near also. Her awareness takes in the concern of Tourist and the like will of the slightbodied Windsong opening her strong soul to help bear the burden. The sisters, tall and blond, and small and dark haired, Nether Mage and Ascendant Mage, Hexen and Windsong, join hands. Their love for each other and for the precariously balanced soul of Psimon is evident in their attentions.

The joined minds of the girls hangs back and at the ready, but waiting for him to accept the strength that they may offer. They wait lest their aid be unwelcomed by the proud Elven heart. A gestalt of care and comfort and the resilient endurance of women's hearts open to share in his burden.

There is a darkness of fear from one mind, a knowledge of mortal danger. In her fear she cannot name it, though on some level she knows it almost too intimately. Hexen whispers, her guardian spirits joining her words so that a choir of souls speak.

"Psimon, we are here. We want to help you. Let us help you." The hum and hiss of spirit words and the gentle insistance of Hexen's words are powerful, but not half as powerful as something that could so distress Psimon. She prays silently that it will be enough.

Psimon2001

His clouded vision clears after a moment. Psimon shakes his head, as though shaking free of a bad dream into the cool reality of a brisk autumn day. He shudders and brings his robes closer around him.

"Forgive me, my friends. He reaches beyond the veil and torments me with his laughter... There is something still not right but the moment has passed. And I have learnt something in the bargain"

He smiles as the psionic link between them is restored.

"I had to distance you while he was in contact with my mind, lest he see both of you and know your importance to me"

His face shifts from a smile to a frown as swiftly as the winter storms rolling in from the hills, their snow-filled clouds bringing a cold doom.

"He is here. In Terra... somewhere... Yes, he is definitely here"

"Who?" the question explodes from the lips of his beloved two at the same instant.

"GBH" Psimon's furrowed brow deepens as he considers the full impact of his discovery. "He seeks to finish me here, where I am weakened. Less than I was or could be. But he has miscalculated!" A wry smile returns to his face.

"Yes. He has miscalculated badly... but intelligence was never his speciality. He has revealed, in his own pathetic stumbling way, how I may best him. How I may return to my own realm, restored. Made whole once more..."

His face blackens once more as a thought winds its way into his mind - a black cerebral worm seeking to undo his plans - and a chill hand clutches his heart. He has discovered a way to leave this place - to leave Terra...

He turns to look at each of his three friends."Lord Tourist. Lady Hexen. Lady Windsong. I will need your help now, more than ever, for I have learnt the secret of my entrapment here" He takes a long draw of his cider then continues, "The magic here in Terra is fragmented. Each discipline, each colour if you like, holds but a portion of the true power. I must master all five magical disciplines, become completely attuned to the ways of each, then combine them all thus unlocking the True Magica. With this True Magica I can defeat GBH, unlocking the portal between my realm and Terra. I can go home..."

P S I M O N

Windsongwind

Windsong goes to Psimon's side and wraps her arms around him in a comforting hug. "What power I have is yours you need not even ask." *leans into him snuggling her cheek in is chest*......*sigh*.... "You have been missed"

Lady Hexen

The intense blue eyes of the Nether mage cloud as she hears what is unspoken.

...leave Terra... go home... Made whole once more...

For a moment her selfish heart rages like a child. For that moment she does not want to help, but somehow hinder him, keep Psimon limited and trapped. At least if he stays, she can keep him, can still know him.

But then there is a stilling within her. The wise old soul cannot allow her to hurt that which she loves.

"Psimon, you have any aid that I may give. No matter the price, we will pay it." The voice from her lips is joined by so many wills, so many whispering voices. Steely eyed with sudden resolve the blond asks, "How can this be done? What is required? How can this rock troll be beaten?"

Windsongwind

*Windsong decides that the place it way too quiet so she congures up a band and some music grabs Tourist by the hand and swings him onto the floor * "Come on lets dance sing and be merry!!!!"

Vermehren

*Tourist is looking long at Psimon, short at Lady Hexen and than again long at Lady Windsong. But than is Lady Windsong strongly pulling him on the dancefloor and just before he realize he is standing in the middle of the room with Lady Windsong.*

Windsongwind

The music is fast and joyfull fitting the renewal of seasons and old friendships. Windsong holds on tightly toTourist at first showing him the steps then letting him lead as he picks up the dance..

"Thank you for this lovely dance" *smiles joyfully*

The music slows and the tempo mellows. Windsong snuggles closer into the great mages arms and sways with him to the song.