The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Excerpts from "The Frozen Garden"

WrenWind

Re: Welcome to Frozen Garden!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A mage dressed in a blue robe with a long white beard comes over.*

If somebody leaves it is sad, but if somebody cames back the joy is much greater...

*He smiles and is looking for the drinks*

Tourist (#50)

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(6/16/01 9:38:40 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Suddenly, several fountains of crystals wounds the floor and grows out of the ground. When the tremors are finished, hydromel, ice wine, and other alcoolic drink are flowing out out them. Sylphs (who had been taught Drew's drink recipes) are flowing aroud the place waiting for any order. A crystal flute of champagne is brought by a Sylph to each of Ice Region's guests*

- Welcome dear guests. I hope that the gods and the weather were clement during your trip.

*The owner of the feminine voice was standing in a corner of the room, leaning against one of the walls. She wears a black leather leotard that follows her curves perfectly with dark tights and long boots. She also wears long satin gloves with a short-sleeves white-fox fur coat which ends right below her chest. The only things that betrays her specialty magic are her waist long blue hair that she tied up in a pony tail that constantly moves around and her lips that changes color according to her mood. Now, they are blue. Her blue eyes shows her determination and strong will*

- I hope you'll enjoy your stay here dear gentlemen. I'm organising a cariboo hunt outside. You are invited to join us.

*She salutes her guests and leaves the bar*

Edited by: Lady Celes Crusader at: 6/29/01 4:08:46 pm

Xylan Cole

(6/18/01 11:25:45 pm)

The arms plenty of books, Xylan Cole walks quickly all around the Frozen Garden.

> I'm sure I've lost it there...

He put his books over the ground and try to find the book in which is written the spell of "Summon Mind Rippers".

>Maybe here...no. Or there...?

He spend one hour and, at the end, stop searching for his lost book. Sad he is to know that he'll have to pay a fortune to have another one.

Xylan Cole looks tired; until today, he has spent all his days and night reading his spell books, trying to learn what could empowered him. If only there were magicites in Terra! He wears a blue shirt, white pants and a shining necklace.

The magic is still emiting from him, as his resurrection is still recent.

Resigned to lost a little more money, Xylan Cole picks all his books and starts making the trip to the Spell Books Merchant.

Icestorm181

(6/19/01 10:02:12 pm)

*Pulling up a comfy chair he orders a drink from one of the pass Sylphs before getting to business...RELAXATION!!! Picking up a very large book he starts to read about lands far away, lands that are filled with magic and creatures similar to those here in Terra*

Greetings All! I am glad to be in such good company and hope that soon we will become good friends. I look forward to spending time with all of you conversing, plotting, or just simply gossiping over a cup of hot tea (laced with a little alcohol or your choice or course)

Icestorm

DrewHuangLiangHui

(6/20/01 6:02:57 pm)

Icestorm, you asked me why I quit Ice Region......

I made a guild called Clan Of All Mages, please look in my guild page for more information....

Oh Hell Yeah!

DrewHuangLiangHui

(6/20/01 6:08:09 pm)

Celes Crusader, I will never forget what you tell me all the things when I in Ice Region.

Lady Hexen

(6/21/01 2:47:47 pm)

A tall form strides through the doorway, stopping to shake the snow from a black cloak and pull a damp hood back. Underneath, a blonde mane of hair wildly perched atop a pale face flushed from the cold. Hard eyes scan the room and then light into a bright smile to see such welcoming sights. Crosses to the bar, hurling her cloak at a peg on the wall, and then perches atop a barstool. In a voice cracked and dry, she orders a drink from a passing sylph. She drinks deeply of something foamy before sitting back to enjoy the settings. The energies of her reincarnation still give her skin the glow of a newborn.

"Hail, Tourist. Leader and friend. Such a treat to be in such noble company as this. Our hosts are most... hospitable."

Taking the pitcher and some mugs and moving to a more central table, she sets these down and settles herself into a low chair, her black boots kicked up on the table.

In a clear voice she calls out, "Someone come and drink with me. Someone come and be a poor girls friend. I have too long been away from the company of the living. The drone of the dead is in my ears. Someone bring a warm body to sit beside me and quicken me with talk." A wicked smile stretches across her lips. "Who wants to talk about... THEOLOGY."

APLady Hexen (#6379) Nether Mage

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Edited by: Lady Hexen at: 6/21/01 2:54:38 pm

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(6/21/01 8:31:04 pm)

*From her igloo, Celes checks in an mirror the activity at both the tavern and bar. A smile is drawn in her face as she continues to plan the little hunt*

At the bar:

*A sylph arrives nearby Lady Hexen and looks at her. This sylph's eyes are bright blue unlike the other creatures of her kind*

- Theology, the creature said, I'll be more than delight to share with you this interesting conversation. May I introduce myself? I am the voice of Celes Crusader, Ice Region's leader and your hostess. I've made sure that our guests suits are already prepared for your comfort.

*As she speaks, you can see that she seems to be distracted by somethings that arent in the bar*

- I apologies. Talking through a sylphs right now is too mind bearing. I'm organizing some distraction for our fellows who are carving for actions nearby. If you want to see me personnally, you are welcome to follow our little friend.

DrewHuangLiangHui

(6/22/01 2:07:34 am)

Greetings,my noble one, Celes Crusader.

Have you tried my Jellyfish drink?

I have made a new drink!

This drink is called "Blood Of Hell".

I added in jellyfish and some human blood and flesh, and at last and not least, a dinosaur skull!

Which dinosaur skull?

T-Rex, of course!

Oh Hell Yeah!

Lady Hexen

(6/24/01 1:41:15 pm)

Accepting the appearance of the Sylph with ease, "Celes, I will be glad to join in your hunt, after I have rested just a bit. The journey is far. Perchance, what do you hunt for? I would be curious of what the quarry is."

Finishing her cool drink, turns to Drew. "I would like to try your Hell's Blood drink. It sounds potent."

Looking into her red filled mug after he pours. "Nobody I know in here, right?" Smiling, not waiting for an answer she drinks of this red conconction. Setting down her mug with her lips stained as if from blood, her face twists into a grimace.

"Smooth." She chokes out in a raspy voice, before coughing a couple of times.

"I think my tongue is numb, Drew. That's good stuff." When offered another, she declines. "No, another of those and I will be the next ingredient. I'll pass, thank you."

AP Lady Hexen (#6379) Nether Mage

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Windsongwind

(6/24/01 8:27:53 pm)

Another Lady enters the Garden . She walks Quietly almost as if her feet do not touch the floor. Dark brown hairs flows to her waist and though unbound it is not disturbed by the blast of cold air from the open door. That ,is not the most striking thing about this lady .Her eyes ,they are almost white. just barely reflecting the royal blue of her riding gown. She walks over to the table of the Lady Hexen and introduces herself. (bowing slightly) "Hail Sister I am Lady Windsong . May I buy you a drink before you hunt." She also inclines her head to the gentelman at the table. "Well met may are meeting be profitable to all. What are you drinking?"

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(6/24/01 9:58:02 pm)

The Sylph lands on a bench and smiles at Lady Hexen.

"I was planning of a Cariboo or Fox hunt with a twist, she said first but she seems toughtful, Hum... I think a fox hunt will be more appropriate, but it wont be your usual fox hunt. The setting will be within a labyrinth and I'll spice things up of course "

The Sylph looks over Lady Windsong and smiles at her

"Its nice to know you Mylady, I hope you will enjoy your stay. Soon, our chef will cook a solid meal before you go on hunting"

She shows over the Restaurant's menu (which is a different section of the bar)

Entries:

Pea soup

Sausages bites with bread

Crud vegetables with oignon dip

Main courses

Hare stew with carrots, potatoes and oignon

Cariboo steak with 3 peppers (Our chef can cook from bleu to well-done)

Turkey breast with brocoli, gravvy and peas

Spagetti with Cariboo's meat ball

Roasted Ice Fish with rice and vegetables

Mechoui (roasted lamb) with vegetables

Desserts

Angel Cake with whipped cream and strawberry

Rice Pouding

Carrot cake

"It might be rustic, the sylph add, but we need solid meals to live under these conditions, even if we are mages"

Lady Hexen

(6/26/01 4:27:19 pm)

Standing to greet Lady Windsong, Hexen sways a little on her feet. Gripping her chair she says, "Greetings sister. I was wondering when you would find your way in out of the cold. I am glad of your company." She eases herself back into the chair. "Please, do sit down. Have a mug of the fine draft they serve here. Honey mead, I think they call it. I can't recommend the 'Hell's Blood'. I think it's still in testing." She pours out a mug of honey mead for the lady and motions to a chair.

Calling out to Drew, "Ok, I asked to speak of Theology, not to meet my maker. That brew is noxious." Her voice is quite raspy.

Her eyes swim back to the sylph. Slowly fixing her eyes on it, she rasps, "Water please. My tongue is numb from that drink. I need to sober up, or at least not die if there is to be a hunt later."

She pauses, bringing her cup of honey mead to her lips and swishing it around her mouth before swallowing. "Ah, better... The honey heals all, yes?"

Looking back to Lady Windsong. "I am double glad of your presence lovely one. It would not do to be drunk and passed out in a foreign land, even one so hospitable as this. You will please make sure I do not make a fool of myself."

Slowly turning her wobbly head back in the direction of the Sylph. "Perhaps some food to fortify me. Rabbit stew sounds good." She giggles, "And carrot cake, just to stay with the theme."

She sinks into her chair quietly singing,

*wabbit, wabbit, wabbit stew...*

*wabbit, wabbit... I wuv you*

AP Lady Hexen (#6379) Nether United Nations of Terra

B2 Lady Hexen (#190) Verdant Mages of Forgotton Wars

BE Heat (#2722) Eradication Clan of Inner Strength

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(6/26/01 4:56:01 pm)

The sylph snaps her finger and another one arrives and takes Lady Hexen's order. After the waitress tooked her guest order, she looks over the mind controlled sylph who is now thinking of its own.

- Mistress Crusader wishes to order the crude vegetables, the creature said with her normal voice, a Cariboo steak and the pudding for dessert. She wants the bleu cooking for the steak.

The now free minded Sylph turns her attention to the Lady Windsong

- I must agree with Mistress Crusader that the menu is very rustic but its excellent. Feel free to order anything you wish.

The creature takes off

- Will you excuse me? I'll make sure that your suites are ready and warmed enough

With those words, she flies away

Author Comment

Windsongwind

(6/26/01 7:00:16 pm)

"I too will have the Hare."Lady Windsong says before the waiter leaves the table. "and a pot of your strongest coffee, It would not do for this fine lady to not be at her best for the hunt" Windsong leans over to Lady Hexen and gives her a small vile. "drink it , it will counter some of the effects of you Experimental concoction." Making sure her companion is comfortable Windsong looks around. She is looking for her long time friend who should be arriving soon .She hopes he arrives before the hunt begins . "Bladesong should meet us here and then will another fiend in this strange land" sighing softly "I hope the food comes soon for I am famished."

LightningRider85

(6/28/01 8:40:07 am)

A slow-rising rumble can be heard in the distance. After a few moments, a black-cloaked figure appears in the doorway of the tavern. She removes the cloak to reveal a silvery-white robe and an ivory-shaded complextion hidden by a long black mane with a solitary silvery-white streak to match that of the robe. When she approaches the others who are gathered near the bar, they notice a stream of crimson whose source runs from her eyebrow, one which over-shadows her endless black eyes. After taking out a healing salve and dabbing at the minor flesh wound, she sits down at the bar stool in the far corner. Realizing that she suddenly became the center of attention, she decides to say a few words in a low-rumbling voice that resembles that of the noise that was present prior to her entrance:

"It's a sad, sad thing to see when such an insignificant creature such as I is the source of all this. I plead that you carry on with your conversations before my presence truly begins to bore you all, for I am nothing but a newcomer to this society. My name is Lady Lightning Rider, servant to that of the Goddess you call Moon... that is all I am and all I will ever be."

When everyone's attention turns back to their conversations, the young girl orders an ice wine and broods over her battle scars and stradegies.

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(6/28/01 3:14:38 pm)

Two pair of Sylphs arrives with the Ladies Hare stew. The pot of stews are so heavy and hot that the little creatures needed all their strengh to carry these.

"Bon appétit" says the 4 creatures before leaving the table.

All the pieces of vegetables and meat are big and chunky while they had mijotated in a rich and thick consomme. The smelles of the meals invaded the bar and lots of people seems very tempted with a solid meal.

OOC notes: My english vocabulary in cuisine is limited. I hope that I gave a comprehensible description of the meal

For RPG logic, those of you who'll wish to go to the hunt you'll be able to post only in the Hunting ground topic.

Lady Hexen

(6/28/01 4:51:59 pm)

Wakened from some sort of trance by the sumptuous smell of food, Hexen looks about groggily. Seeing the little vial offered by Lady Windsong, the picks it up, eyeing it curiously. Holding the vial dramaticallly, she says, "Have you left me no friendly drop to help me after?" And pops the cork, drinking the little potion. Grimacing at the flavor, she looks at Lady Windsong's confused expression. "That's from Romeo and Juliette. I'm a nether mage. I have a fascination for theatre with death in it." Hexen shrugs, muttering something in slurred tones about nobody ever getting her humor.

Blinking as she starts to feel the mind clearing effects of the potion, Hexen pulls her bowl of stew closer and inhales deeply of the aroma. Hunkering down over her bowl, she starts to eat heartily. The way she wolfs down the food, it's as if she hasn't eaten in days. Halfway through the bowl, the ravenous devouring slows and she sits back, wiping her mouth with a napkin before taking a drink from her honey mead.

"I thank you Sister WindSong. You're potion has healed me mightily. I feel much refreshed. Good company, good drink, a fine meal." She sits back in her chair, sipping her mug of mead. Her voice is clear and easily audible, as if she speaks to the room "Ah... Life is so short and precious. It is the simple moments of contentment that make it all worth it. Don't you agree?"

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

LightningRider85

(6/28/01 5:53:28 pm)

After she finishes her drink, the young girl looks at the gathering crowd of people and wonders what the source of all the commotion is. She wanders over towards the group and notices the stew to which everyone is devouring. Pulling out a long, slender, blue-steeled sword, she plunges it towards the pot and pulls out a rather filling piece of meant...

"Pheasant, why I haven't had such a delectable meat since I was a child..."

The one called Lightning Rider walks back over to the bar, nibbling at the meat while fightning a massive bout of nostalgia. As she orders another ice wine, Lightning Rider polishes her sword, wondering when she'll have to use it next.

"I can only hope that every day following this shall be less painful than that of the first time I had to use my deadly acquaintance. May the Moon Goddess bless me and my faithful companion on the journey that lies ahead, until the day I complete my mission, or until the day of my demise."

Asking the nearest tavern wench where the lodgings are, the young girl slowly walks up the stairs for a long-awaited night's rest.

Windsongwind

(6/28/01 8:20:16 pm)

Lady Windsong acknowledges her new friends observation . "Life is too short." But comming from a newly reencarnated mage it seams strange doubly so since it is her first. The last time she saw the world it was breaking.

"Glad to be of service fair Lady, I always carry asupply of resorative when traveling. You never know when you have to be in top thinking form." This stew smells amazing ."Bending her head to the task she tucks in. Lifing only to wash the delectable food down with some mead. " I'm going to have to order another plate I did not realize how hungry I am" " NNot very ladylike EH? Hexan? There seems to be an awful lot of women here . Where are the Men?"

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(6/29/01 4:16:13 pm)

Among the busy Sylphs that flies around, taking and bringing the orders to the customers, the very same Sylph that was used by Celes as her voice within the bar flies out of the tavern with her mistress order.

The lightning of the bar darkens and the fountains glows with colorful lights.

A Sylph leads Lightining Rider to her quarters within the Fortress.

Angel Lord

(6/29/01 6:38:13 pm)

The door swings open and then shut, in strolls a tall figure. Dressed in chain mail, the figure removes the helmet upon his head. Long silvery white hair falls out, he pushes it away from his pale white eyes. He looks down and removes his sword belt, his sword is of a silver metal, the pommel is incrusted with an emerald. Spying a empty table he walks over and places is helmet and sword on the table top. He nods to the Ladies across the room and then sits down.

"I require a drink, please the cold as parched my throat and my flask has frozen over," he says with a deep bellowing voice. He leans back in his chair and drags a deep breathe into his lungs. The warm air brings the red back into his cheeks. "I am Sir Maurice, Lord of Archangels. I am a humble servant of Father Sun. I pray the blessing of the gods on all of you."

LightningRider85

(6/29/01 7:41:36 pm)

The young Lightning Rider follows the helpful sylph towards her room. After thanking the sylph and promising a reward the following morning, she prepares for a night's sleep. Laying down her sword in grand ceremonial fashion, she notices a note on her pillow. After saying her prayers to the Moon Goddess, she pulls a candle closer to the letter and reads aloud:

Dear Lady Lightning,

I hope the accommodations are to your liking. Breakfast shall be prepared for you by morning. Pleasant dreams.

-Lady Celes

Lightning Rider smirked at the idea of breakfast in the morning. For the past five years she spent every night wondering if she would live to see another day; now she was wondering what would be served for breakfast by sunrise.

"Life is a strange thing", she said to herself as she blew out the candle for a long night's rest.

Windsongwind

(6/30/01 6:13:58 pm)

" Lady Celes, I think that once my friend and I have finished this hardy meal we should retire and get some beauty sleep before life cathes up with us again. " Windsong says this aloud knowing that she will be heard even though she does not see the lady.

Finishig her last morsel of food she looks at her companion. Lady Hexen is also finished . The lady Hexen,s attention is now on the newest arrival. Well what do you think? Windsong asks. "Do I retire alone or would it be more prudent to share acomodations ? Or do you have other plans?

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(7/3/01 8:45:33 pm)

Lady Celes had left the igloo after finishing preparing the hunt. She retired in her rustic but comfortable quarters. She checks the activities at the bar with a mirror and smirks when she heard Lad y Windsong.

She focuses her attention over a sylph and made another telepathical contact with the creature

- Of course Lady Windsong, the sylph replies to her guest, Tomorrow we will have plenty of time to hunt.

Celes added: - I wish you good night my dear guests and my servants will guide you to your rooms.

She cuts the telepathical link with the creature, unties her hair and lies on her bed, her mind still occupied by the planifications of the hunt.

Windsongwind

(7/3/01 9:25:56 pm)

"Thank you Lady your hospitality is impecable " I look forward to the hunt. Until the morrow. Safe slumber." bowing respectfully.

So! My Lady Hexen Have you decided to turn in or are you hunting tonight? Windsong does not really expect her companion to leave the bar just yet. So she settles in to watch the show.

Peertje73

(7/4/01 1:30:50 pm)

A new friend...

All, friends and allies huddle together in this place of peace and comradery. Slowly time advances and so does the volume of laughter and good stories told by the group of friends.

And with the time the sun descends and darkness slowly cover these peace covered lands.

Just as the last rays of sunlight have discipated behind the horizon and darkness takes over a soft silent glow starts to grow at the very spot the last rays of sunlight just went.

As the glow grows until the very sky is alight with it's warm colors when a formation of magnificent Angels burst from the clouds, precise in formation, kind faces hiding a lethal power but the onlooking groep of friends are only filled with a feeling of peace and love.

"tonight we talk without fear of our enemies, without pause to listen for strange sounds...because tonight...tonight we all have an angel watching over us." Everybody looks around at this new voice, a plain man in his twenties, plain white clothes and an obsidian black walking stick. He is looking up to the angels his face filled with joy and his hands locked in praise."I am sorry my friends if I startled anyone, I am Ar'Debaz and I came here to join this loyal group that fight for a cause I have been pursuing all my life...may I join...?"

Hi all, I am Toxie (#1119)...the lastest addition to the UNoT.

It is nice to have so many allies that can talk and work in harmony and peace in this dangerous game.

Win your battles but do it with grace and a sense of goal...a common goal we will all share.

Mad48

(7/4/01 7:00:40 pm)

Re: A new friend...

Hello people i was just invited into the garden.

glad to know that everything is doin well and goin well.

*strolls in with an all white suit with white suade slippers and a white top hat. takes a seat on a blanket by the frozen river and ponders about the reset*

*sits there in silence as if meditating*

Windsongwind

(7/4/01 9:06:31 pm)

Re: A new friend...

welcome friends! The sight of your angels are heartwarming. I will sleep better knowing they are there. (bowing deeply)Meditation is good for the soul. May it serve you well.(inclining head to the other newcomer) I am Lady Windsong

Xylan Cole

(7/5/01 12:00:28 am)

The sounds of War

Exhausted because he has run for 1 hour, Xylan Cole just arrived in the Garden.

He takes a time to get back his breath then start to speak to all the people who are in the Garden.

"Pl..ease... Li .. Listen to mee..." he says, still exhausted.

"The war will soon break out: TWOR and House of Rastafari has declared war to the Shaolin Temple.

By the system of alliances, the Cercle (IR + TfC + The Imperium) may be involved in this war...

We have to be ready and to prepare our troops".

Then he sits on the ground in order to get his strenghts back and starts remembering the last war in which he lost so many people.

"Why people keep on making war..." he thought while he was starting to sleep on the ground.

DrewHuangLiangHui

(7/5/01 2:16:10 am)

A war?

A war? Are you sure, Xylan Cole?????

Damn, another war?!

LightningRider85

(7/5/01 7:22:05 am)

War... what is it good for... absolutely nothing...

Startled by the commotion that has been taking place in the lower quarters of the tavern... Lady Lightning Rider wakes up with a jolt and walks over to the door. As she peers out, she notices several new faces, but one that is flush with excitement stands out... from this person she hears the one word that she dreads the most...War.

"Do my ears and eyes deceive me, or is this true... I am not of full stregnth, yet I must fight like I have before."

Lightning Rider runs over to her bed, grabs the cloak to which she wore when she first made her entrance, and runs down the stairs. When she approaches the door... the same sylph that brought her to her room stands in her way.

"You aren't going to leave in this time when we need as much help as we can get... are you?"

"No", the Lady replyed, "I never leave when faced with hardship... I must prepare for this battle... I shall return shortly"

"Carry on then", the sylph replyed as she moved out of the way.

Lady Lightning Rider runs out of the tavern and travels along the path of footsteps that led her to the Frozen Garden. After a short distance, she finds a covered burrow she dug herself and commences at brushing the cold white substance out of the way. Ten minutes later, she approaches the tavern again and enters unnoticed. She runs back up to her room and drops a dripping wet sack onto the floor. In it, she pulls out several pieces of distinctive armor, along with good luck charms developed by a high priestess she encountered some 2 years prior.

"Here we go again," she said, drying the armor. "War...what is it good for?" she said as she sat on her bed.

"Absolutely nothing," an angelic voice said, coming from the familiar sylph that was peering in to her room.

"Say it again."

Lady Hexen

(7/5/01 2:32:02 pm)

Re: War... what is it good for... absolutely nothing...

Turning to answer Lady Windsong, Hexen says, "I will get enough sleep when I am dead. For now I am too covetous of these breathing and riotous moments. I cannot rest in such good company as this." Her eyes dance with a kind of fervour, passionate and desperate.

Startled from her conversation by the entrance of the messenger, her expression becomes grim. She grows still, contemplating war. Calculating in her mind and counting on her fingers she can feel the fear crouched there in her gut. She knows that she will likely not survive. She whispers to herself, "My soul is too young... Too inexperienced. What do I know of war?"

Seeing Xylan Cole resting on the floor, she moves with decision, snapping orders to nearby Sylph's. "Bring our messenger a cot. If he wishes to rest here in the tavern, we will at least give him a warm bed near the fire." Setting the cot near the hearth, she assists the Sylphs is moving Xylan Cole very gently to the cot, so softly so as not to disturb him. With a tender expression, she brushes the hair back from his forehead as she pulls the fur up under his chin. "Sleep well, messenger." She whispers. "We will all need our strength in the coming times."

Looking up from her reverie, she sees the grim looks around the tavern. Standing and walking to the center of the room, she addresses the entire tavern.

"Look not so dour, my friends. Even in these hard times, there is joy to be found. This world of ours is dangerous. But truly, there is little to lose. Our immortal souls find their way in and out of this plane. We die and are reborn and each time, our souls become stronger." She pauses, looking around the gathering of friends and allies. "I for one, welcome the coming fire. This fire will be the forge to make me into a blade with which to cut down our enemies."

She picks up her mug and drinks slowly, savoring the taste blissfully.

"Now don't get me wrong. I'm terrified." A dry, ironic laugh. "I probably will not survive this fire. My land will be torn apart by enemies, by dark passions and by my own magicks." She looks around meaningfully. "But death holds no fear for me. And pain is part of this precious life that we have been given. All things move in cycles. Life, death. Peace and war. Love and fear."

"There is joy to be had. There is the lust of battle to quicken the blood. There are the cries of our falling enemies to savor. And though I may die, I will take those that I can down to hell with me." A wry, wicked smile spreads across her face. "Though you may not admit it, you all feel the passion for the coming battle. There is no shame in enjoying victory."

Eyes ablaze with passion, she sweeps the whole room with a beaming smile. "An we WILL be victorious."

"But that is for tomorrow. Tomorrow comes the war. Tomorrow we will stride into battle, side by side." Her eyes moving over this friendly company. "I will be glad to have you all at my back."

"But for tonight, we are blessed by the protection of these angels. We are safe, secure and happy. We are surrounded by good company, we have good drinks and fine food. What other joys can there be?"

"And when we return from this battle, either in this life or the next, we will have tales to tell." Eyes alight. "Let us have some stronger drinks and draw close. There are those of you with more war stories to tell. I am eager to learn of your battle wisdom and hear the tales of your victories. Tonight we forge the bonds that will hold strong in the coming battles. For one more night, we will have peace. And time passes differently in this land. While our concentration is on our own lands and on the battles, a part of our conciousness is here, in good company. While many days pass, and many battles, still we will enjoy this single sunrise here, in this forever moment. This is the union of friendship. Here, we can turn our thoughts when times are rough, and here find solace among friends."

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(7/5/01 4:14:27 pm)

When Celes speaks up

Celes looks over the mirror across the bedroom... She did heard about the commotion and the war. She had been informed by The Imperium's diplomat about this breakout and she knows that Ice Region can only watch the war as a spectator but she'll make sure that her guild will be ready for any intervention.

- I think I've things to clear up downstairs...

She takes a closer look in the mirror and surveys the garden, then she tied her hair up and walks out of the door. She ask two of the Archangels that guards her quarter to come along and she makes her way back in the garden.

When she enters, all the Sylphs stops their activities at once and focuses their attention to the one who summoned them. Bit by bit, the attention of the people turns to their hostess. When silence takes the place of the chaos, Celes finally speaks to her audience. Her lips turns pink (she's stressed but its under control).

- Greetings ladies and gentlemen, she said with a controlled tone of her voice, I am aware of the war that is plagging a part of Terra.

She snaps her finger and her Archangels walks over Xylan

- Take him to his quarters and from there, resume your assignement.

- As you wish, replies one of the angelic servants and they gently pick Xylan Cole up and brought him to his quarters.

Celes turns her attention back to her guest

- I was informed about it by Wishmaster of the Imperium Academy but there is no need to panic. Although The French Connection and the Imperium Academy will probably participate, it will be because they will assist the Shaolin Temple. Although I wish to assist our allies, it will be against some unwritten diplomatic rules. But nonethless, Ice Region will be ready.

She walks around while talking and grabs a glass filled with hydromel. She pauses and takes a sip before resuming her speech.

- I know that Ice Region will be in an uneasy and frustating situation but we can't repeat the mistakes made in the Shadows war. I will watch the situation with interest. But enough with politics, everyone came here to relax and enjoys good meals and drinks, she empties her glass her fills it in one of the fountains, and I am planning to do the same tonight. Tomorrow, I'll worried about it.

She snaps her fingers and the Sylphs resume their activities and slow celtic music plays

Author Comment

Xylan Cole

(7/5/01 11:42:10 pm)

An arrow message

Resting in his quarters, Xylan Cole made an awful dream: in fact it wasn't a dream but a memory of the past, during the last War between TfC and TCG. All these dead sprites laying around his kingdom.

He woke up suddently and found a magical arrow in his door;

he took it and started to read it:

" Dear Emperor,

The news is official: the TfC will be at War in a few hours, as the Imperium asked them to join in this war.

As expected, your troops are starting to grow but they're anxious: they remember to have lost their parents in the last war and aren't happy to be involved in a new war.

I don't have heard news about the fact that the TfC will ask the IR to join in their war; if you're right, there are some days until IR goes to War.

But it may be wiser to be ready.

May we never be involved in a war.

Your faithful Assistant, Yelos the Brave Sprite"

- So here it is. The war is at our door. May we help our friends, or may we stay away?

Xylan Cole doesn't know what to do. He knows that even if the TfC seems growing in power, they aren't ready for a war, even if they pretend the contrary.

They're his friends. Will he help his friends or will he stay in safety with his people?

- I need to go back near my people. We must think of this important choice.

He left his quarters and went cross the Frozen Garden. He looked at some of the IR's members.

He thought:

- I know they aren't as involved as I am: the TfC was here when I needed it. I must help them if they ask it.

Then he starts walking towards his kingdom, worried about the Future.

Edited by: Xylan Cole at: 7/5/01 11:52:08 pm

DrewHuangLiangHui

(7/6/01 1:49:09 am)

Bad news for All Guilds of Terra!

The biggest guildwar has began!

Clan Of All Mages, The Dogs Of War!, The Guardians of the Rift, The Shaolin Temple will fight

against TWOR and ROM!

Well, Ice Region, I needed help and We need it now!

Let's end this war!

Celes Crusader, come on, let's be allies and join us to end this war!

Oh Hell Yeah!

Angel Lord

(7/6/01 7:54:37 pm)

Re: Bad news for All Guilds of Terra!

Remembering the last guild war Sir Maurice was involved in, he shudders.

"My land was destroyed, my people slaughtered. I forced my people to fight before they were ready and I payed for it in there blood. Even now my people are not ready my forces are only big enough to defend my small scrap of Terra, not an army for invading foreign lands. When my training is complete, my army large, and the war has reached IR then I'll will be force to defend for the Honor of the Guild. Until that time I will stand in the shadows, assist my alliance mates and wait."

Windsongwind

(7/7/01 9:50:21 am)

Re: Bad news for All Guilds of Terra!

(Shuddering)Windsong laments "At least for you ,you have memories to build on I am newly reborn it is my first War I will have to rely on my allies and guild members to see me though ..

May the BLESSED LIGHT OR WHICHEVER GODS YOU REVERE WATCH OVER US ALL! "

Morvael

(7/7/01 7:23:23 pm)

I´m back Again.

Region of Eternal Ice,two Archangels enter in a Black Ice fortress.

AA1-Are you sure we must awake him?, He told us to remain undisturbed.

AA2-Yes, It is an important message.

AA1-bah, the same thing did those sirens, and where are they?.

AA2- I think they are on the lava Pits, but it´s only a legend.

AA1-ok let finish this quickly.

As they enter to the fortress, they fly among tall ice columms, everything seems to be invaded by ice and snow, but they enter in the darkness.They aproach to a wall of ice, where a shadow lies in an eternal dream.

AA2-ok do it.

AA1-Me?, you are crazy, I will not do such an error, i´m older than you so you must do it.

AA2-older... yeah you are older, you have lived enought

AA1-do you think he can heard us?

AA2-no, he is sleeping.

AA1-I think he had moved!!!

AA2-you are crazy, ok i will do it.

The Archangels aproach to the dark figure and cast a long forgotten spell.A voice flows from the ice wall:

-I told to remain undisturbed.

AA2-Yes master but it´s important.

-I hope so, only for your benefit.

After some minutes of conversation, the Archangels depart from the black ice tower.Now the tower is beginning to iluminate, and all kind of creatures come called by his master.

AA2-ok we aren´t in a lava pit

AA1-we haven´t finished yet. We must carry this message to Lady Celes Crusader.

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(7/8/01 12:52:57 pm)

War developpement

A little sprite arrives quickly in the Garden and looks for her mistress.

- Mistress Crusader!!! The honorable Wallace from the French Connection has an important message.

She brought along a small crystal ball in which you can see a blurry image of Wallace.

- Greetings Sir Wallace, says Celes, what are those important news ?

Wallace replies in his native language, Celes smiles and wishes him farewell. WHen the communication is done, she turns back over the intrigued crowd.

- The Shaolin and The Weaver of Red agreed upon an non-agression pact. The war is no longer at our door.

DrewHuangLiangHui

(7/8/01 5:29:01 pm)

That's good news!

Oh Hell Yeah!

LightningRider85

(7/8/01 8:40:25 pm)

Sigh of Relief

After over-hearing the good news, Lady Lightning Rider breathed a sigh of relief. Glad that she would not have to go to war so soon, she began to put the armor back into its wet sack. The only thing she regretted was taking it out of its hiding place in the first place.

Lightning Rider decided to leave the sack in the dark corner of her room and then join the others in the celebration. She slid the armor into the shadows, then proceeded down the stairs. Lady Lightning Rider then walked over to the same corner of the bar where she had occupied previously. She ordered a blood wine then held her glass up high as to make a toast:

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is a great honor of mine to be in such company as you tonight. Your likes are that of something I have not seen in ages, for my company has been occupied by that of armies of brutes and savages who know nothing but of greed and power. Never have I seen such kind-hearted individuals whose generosity knows no bounds. I would like to thank you for inviting me into your society, as well as to thank our leader and hostess, Lady Celes, for being a great leader, and a great hostess as well. It is true that war will probably be inevitable, and I would be proud to fight by your side when the time comes, but not now. Now is a time for celebration, and celebrate we shall. To friendship, honor, loyalty, and all else that makes us unique from the others that rule in Terra... to ICE REGION and to our allies... may the gods bless us on our journey towards prosperity. LET US CELEBRATE!"

Edited by: LightningRider85 at: 7/8/01 8:42:21 pm

Xylan Cole

(7/8/01 11:40:26 pm)

The Joy of Peace

Riding his sea horse, Xylan Cole was travelling all the region spreading the news: no more War at this moment!

All his people was having fun since the moment they've heard these marvellous news.

Sprites and Nymphs was spending their time dancing in the forests to celebreate such a good new, even if Xylan Cole told us it doesn't mean that the war has really ended.

But he knew that they need to think as if; they've grown up in war periods, and are so happy when peace arrive.

Xylan Cole went to the Garden, but as he has expected it, everybody was aware of the news. He went back to his country, still wondering if the threat of war has really disappeared

Lady Hexen

(7/9/01 10:25:40 am)

Sitting quietly, Hexen sips slowly from sweet mead. She seems to slowly absorb the feeling of relief from the room. Hearing the celtic tune, her foot tapping in time to the drums, she seems to get an idea. Going to her coat, she takes out a piece of gleaming black jewelry. It looks almost more like a jeweled piece of armor, a black neck guard, high and flanged. As she walks back to her seat, she puts it on. The collar fits over her neck, buckling in the back. From her shoulder to her jawline, it keeps her neck from turning too much, forcing her face to be tilted upward a bit.

Raising her voice, there seems to be a faint whisper of other voices. "This is a soul choir. It has voices of the long forgotton bound within. A minor trinket, of no real use. But still, it is pretty." The sussurant whispers behind her voice are a legion of throats that speak through her lips. Gently she picks up the celtic tune. She sings in gaelic, almost as if the words are practiced and not really her own. The voices of the choir harmonize and intermingle, crafting an exhaltant, sweet song. Sweet arching soprano voices, commingling with male Tenor voices, raised in joy. Deep resonant Baritones laying a soft background as the middle voices of the female altos weave their way in melody between them all.

Lady Hexen picks up her mug and moves to sit close with the musicians, the music becoming a fine background, the words of the song unintellible. It fades easily behind conversation and comradery. The Lady Hexen seems to enjoy making music with the magicians, her face alight with pleasure as she wiles away the evening in song.

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(7/9/01 8:31:45 pm)

Celes makes an unnoticed exit as soon as she sees that everything is fine and she walks outside the bar.

LightningRider85

(7/10/01 7:47:30 pm)

Seeing as how nobody had a response to her toast, Lady Lightning Rider realizes that everybody is already drunk with merryment enough and that her presence is no longer needed. She walks to the window to watch the little snow flurries collect on the window. Quickly, she walks outside to enjoy to cool crisp air. She walks around to the back end of the tavern, only stopping to take notice of a jagged object sticking out of the snow. Lightning Rider kneals down, picking up the object and holding it up to the light. The object, a knife with an intricately carved handle, forces her into a bout of deja vu.

"Where have I seen this before..." she wondered aloud. Suddenly, she realized that the newly-discovered object belonged to an acquaintance of hers... one she had not seen in ages and never thought she'd see again. "But how did it get here..." she said as she walked back over towards the tavern's door.

Windsongwind

(7/11/01 6:45:03 am)

Lady Windsong is rapt with the music .*shudders * Then as if coming out of a fog reaches into a soft leather case she has attached to her belt. Carefully she removes a golden flute ,brings it to her lips and bigins to play a haunting harmony to the singers . In the music ,Windsong is transformed ,her feet nolonger touch the ground ,her hair floats around her like waves, changing color depending on the mood of the music.

Xylan Cole

(7/20/01 7:40:47 am)

Meeting the Lady Death

An arrow message was left in Xylan Cole's quarters.

On it is written the following message:

"Frozen Guild of The Ice Region,

During a week, the Archmage Xylan Cole has been dreaming about a voice saying "Be ready, your time is nearly exhausted".

He understood that his reincarnation wasn't a definitive gift from the Gods.

During the following week, he prepared his people to be again without a king; he teached them the democratic system and tried to convince them it was a good political system.

He gave last orders to his most valuable men.

Just before leaving, he made a speech in which he told his people to move away from the country, as ennemies are still wandering around, and to try to found an heaven land.

Then, the Honorable Xylan Cole went to his son's grave waiting the Dark Lady to come.

Today, as you're reading this message, we're walking throught

lands to find a new home. Our dear King had given us some of his most powerful scrolls to help us.

We're hoping you won't take his leaving as a flee.

Maybe, one day, the Dark Lady will bring back our King. Since this moment, he'll be resting aside his son and we'll be looking for our home

Yelos SunField, first Knight of the Free Sprites of Terra

"

Edited by: Xylan Cole at: 7/20/01 7:44:35 am

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(7/20/01 10:01:43 pm)

Re: Meeting the Lady Death

A sylph brought the letter to her mistress and sees her expressions getting sadder at each words she reads.

- He had always been guided by wisdom, may his soul finds the peace he never found in this teared land.

She leans back and looks up to the sky through a window.

Vermehren

(7/22/01 10:03:52 am)

*Unnotice, Unseen, Unobtrusive the mage have been sitting in the corner, drinking a few beers, studing his books and leading his kingdom with his magic power from the tavern.*

*After a long time he looks up.*

Well, this was a interessting war. Unfortunatly it is over so soon.

*He take makes a deep sigh and is looking at the other customers. One of his eyebrows has been lift.*

Hmm.... So much lovely Ladies, maybe I shouldn't pay so much attention to my books. *He smiles.*

AP Tourist (#50) United Nations of Terra Leader

A1 Low Mage (#3) Pacifists? Lowest Member

S1 Vermehren (#193)

B2 Tourist (#423)

BE Low Mage (#199)

Lady Hexen

(7/23/01 3:31:35 pm)

Hexen weaves her multitudinous voice through a few more sweet and light songs. In between songs, she moves to the table to take a drink from her mug. Looking around the room, a gleefully mischeivous look enteres her eyes. Going to the musicians and to Lady Windsong, speaking in low tones, she quickly teaches the tune to them by humming it. Satisfied that they know the tune, Hexen brings up her mug and drains it before addressing the bar patrons.

"This is a baudy but fun drinking song. It's one of my favorites. I just hope our hosts don't throw me out for it's content" Her eyes twinkle with evil humor.

Quote:

A Scotsman clad in kilt left a bar one evening fair,

And one could tell by how he walked that he’d drunk more than his share

He staggered ‘rround until he could no longer keep his feet

Then he stumbed off into the grass to sleep beside the street

Rrring ding diddley, La dee Oh, Rring die diddley eye oh-oh

He stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street

Well about that time two young and lovely girls just happened by

And one says to the other with a twinkle in her eye

“See young sleeping Scotsman so strong and handsome built

I wonder if it’s true what they DON’T wear beneath their kilt”

“I wonder if it’s true what they DON’T wear beneath their kilt”

Oh, they crept up on the sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be

They lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see

And there behold! For them to view beneath his Scottish skirt

‘Twas nothing more than god had graced him with upon his birth

‘Twas nothing more than god had graced him with upon his birth

Oh, they marveled for a moment, then one said “We must be gone.”

“Let’s leave a present for our friend before we move along.”

As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon tied into a bow

Arrround the bonny stars the Scots kilt didna lift and show

Arrround the bonny stars the scots kilt didna lift and show

Well, the Scotsman woke to natures call and stumble towards the trees

Behind a bush he lifts his kilt and gawks at what he sees

And in a startled voice he says to whats before his eyes,

“Oh, Lad I don’t know where ya been, but I see you won first prize.”

“Oh, Lad I don’t know where ya been, but I see you won first prize.”

Finishing the song with a triumphant, glowing smile, the Lady Hexen looks around the room. She seems to expect that someone might throw her out.

S1 Lady Hexen (#496) Verdant Storm Front

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(7/23/01 7:32:05 pm)

The drunked crowd laughs and applause. Some even ask for more.

Some sylphes raises an eyebrow about the below-the-belt humour and expected to receive an order from their mistress, but obviously, Lady Celes didn't mind at all.

- She must be used to all this stuff, said one of the creature

- Normal, replied another one, you should heard what conversations she have with Darkwolfe when she's drunk

- Husssh, hissed a third one, no dirty gossips about our Mistress

Windsongwind

(7/24/01 4:55:19 pm)

Re: A very baudy song

By the end of the ditty Windsong is laughing too much to continue playing.she carefully puts away her flute and goes to sit with the Tourist." I think Sir Mage you owe me a drink."

She continues to listen to the music . She is fascinated with the Lady Hexan's collar.Mayhap she will sell it to me, but no, it must be very important to her.It would be impertinent to ask. Instead she takes her drink and concentrates on the music committing it to memory to play at another time

LightningRider85

(7/24/01 5:27:23 pm)

To kill a mockingbird

After walking back into the tavern, Lady Lightning Rider takes her seat at the far corner of the bar. Listening to the music that has delighted so many of her company, she dozes off to be awaken an hour later by a light commotion she hears outside of the near window. She turns her head to see a starving peasant pounce away. She then notices a small scroll, neatly left on the windowsill... Lightning Rider walks over to the letter and reads to herself:

I hope that you are of full power, and that your army is strong... you would not like to be caught in the middle of a war without being prepared... and clean that wound on your head, it's repulsive...send my regards to your brother when you see him ~Mom

"Nag nag nag. She's always doing this to me..."

Lightning Rider screams out to the peasant that delivered the message.

"I thought I told you to destroy her crystal ball! You good-for-nothing fool!"

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"There's 1 million geld in it for you."

"I'll have that thing shattered first thing in the morning."

Lightning Rider smiles and turns away from the bumbling servent. "Be gone!" With a wave of her hand, the peasant dissapeared into the night.

Author Comment

Vermehren

(7/26/01 11:21:09 am)

Re: A very baudy song

*Tourist seem to be speechless, after what Lady Hexen has song. He slowly shakes his head.*

In the past the girls very much more descent. Maybe I should go back to my books, where the girls knows to behave.

*He is still shakeing his head about the girls, as Lady Windsong is sitting herself on his table. He looks long in her face.*

Hmm... I hardly remember that I owe you a drink, but maybe you can sit here with me and let me a little enjoy your presents.

*Gave the wrench a sign*

Just two more of them, ok?

*He looks back at the Lady on his table*

And what do I get in return?

*He smiles at her.*

S1 Vermehren (#193)

B2 Tourist (#423)

BE Low M

I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls

with vassals and serfs at my side,

and of all who assembled within those walls

that I was the hope and the pride.

I had riches all too great to count

and a high ancestral name.

But I also dreamt which pleased me most

that you loved me still the same,

that you loved me

you loved me still the same,

that you loved me

you loved me still the same.

I dreamt that suitors sought my hand,

that knights upon bended knee

and with vows no maidens heart could withstand,

they pledged their faith to me.

And I dreamt that one of that noble host

came forth my hand to claim.

But I also dreamt which charmed me most

that you loved me still the same

that you loved me

you loved me still the same,

that you loved me

you loved me still the same.

Finishing the song, Hexen takes a low, stiff-necked bow to Tourist. Her voice is still many that speak through her lips as she says, "I hope that pleases you better my lord. I would not want to offend my own guild leader. Perhaps the girl of this song is more decent; remote and perfect."

Hexen withdraws from the table again, beginning a lovely gaelic song, rhythmic and pretty with the voices intermingled like a choir.

(OOC: Enya is always good for a pretty song. For those curious it's "Marble Halls")

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Vermehren

(7/28/01 12:15:45 pm)

Re: A more decent song...

*He smiles big*

Well, I think I wish for a better reward for the drink. But ok, I will now enjoy your company and will hear your play later.

*He turns around to hear Lady Hexen. After her song she bows before him. He nods.*

Yes, that was a very interssting song. And more descent.

*Smiles and think about it.*

I love the songs of love, most of the time the tragic. Thank you very much. I hope I'm allowed to order you a drink?

*Makes again a sign to the wrench and lift his hand to show three fingers.*

I think you will get thirsty very soon.

*He looks at Lady Windsong.

Yes, she has a wonderfull voice with this collar. Her music is so wonderfull.

*He is seem to be happy with the mug of beer in his hands an the wonderfulll Ladies around.*

Well, I think I should finish my studdy of the magic spells sooner and enjoy you companie earlier.

*He take a long drink and put than the empty mud down on the table and take one of the three full muds and smiles, while he is leaning back in the chair.*

S1 Vermehren (#193)

B2 Tourist (#423)

BE Low Mage (#199)

Edited by: Vermehren at: 7/28/01 2:25:03 pm

Lady Hexen

(7/30/01 6:38:16 pm)

A tragic song...

Accepting the drink from Tourist with a grateful nod as her voice weaves through parts of the song. She waits for a break in the song to take a thirsty sip from the mug. The voices continue to sing as she akwardly drinks from the mug, due to the way the collar holds her head. The voices, unshaped my her mouth and throat, sound eerie and garbled, as though coming from underwater. The gaelic ditty comes to an end and she drinks deeply.

"My Thanks, Lord Tourist. I believe you said you like the tragic songs. A spirit bound in this collar is reminding me of a tragic song. It's the story of a veteran hero who took an audience with his Lady Empress. I think you will find it interesting."

Sheet music on smoky colored paper appears in front of the musicians. The voices singing through the collar have thinned. There is one female voice, simple and intimate sounding, and partway through the song, a man's voice sings out in a plaintive tenor from Hexens empassioned face.

Quote:

The soldier came knocking upon the queen's door

He said, "I am not fighting for you any more."

The queen knew she's seen his face someplace before

And slowly she let him inside.

He said, "I've watched your palace up here on the hill

And I've wondered who's the woman for whom we all kill

But I am leaving tomorrow and you can do what you will

Only first I am asking you why."

Down the long narrow hall he was lead

Into her room with her tapestries red

And she never once took the crown from her head

She asked him there to sit down.

He said, "I see you now, and you are so very young

But I've seen more battles lost than I have battles won

And I've got this intuition, says it's all for your fun

And now will you tell me why?"

The young queen, she fixed him with an arrogant eye

She said, "You won't understand, and you may as well not try."

But her face was a child's, and he thought she would cry

But she closed herself up like a fan.

And she said, "I've swallowed a secret burning thread

It cuts me inside, and often I've bled"

He laid his hand then on the top of her head

And he bowed her down to the ground.

"Tell me how hungry are you? How weak you must feel

As you are living here alone and you are never revealed

But I won't march again on your battlefield."

And he took her to the window to see.

And the sun, it was gold, though the sky it was gray

And she wanted more than she ever could say

But she knew how it frightened her, and she turned away

And would not look at his face again.

And he said, "I want to live as an honest man

To get all I deserve and to give all I can

And to love a young woman who I don't understand

Your highness, your ways are very strange."

But the crown, it had fallen, and she thought she would break

And she stood there, ashamed of the way her heart ached

She took him to the doorstep and she asked him to wait

She would only be a moment inside

Out in the distance her order was heard

And the soldier was killed, still waiting for her word

And while the queen went on strangling in the solitude she preferred

The battle

continued on

As the last drumming notes sound, harsh like a dirge, the song seems to take a toll on Hexen. She frowns as though she must experience this memory, channelling the experience even as she channels the voices. Wavering slightly on her feet, her eyes clouded with a painful memory that may not even be her own.

"Milord, Milady, may I sit to find my wits? I did not know that this spirits remembrance would be so powerful." Looking fatigued, she sinks into a chair. Once seated, she starts to unbuckling the voice collar. She lays the segmented, gleaming metal collar on the table with a sigh. Very quickly, the color is returning to her pale cheeks and the melancholy is passing. She chases it away with few drinks from her mug.

Relaxing now, she sighs contentedly, sipping now and then from her mug. She sits back to enjoy a moment of calm reflection, watching the interactions going on around the bar with a voyeurs smile.

(OOC: I think I'll give up the stage for a bit. I'm sure you're all quite sick of my grandstanding. BTW: That song is "The Queen and the Soldier" by Suzanne Vega, from the self titled album.)

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Edited by: Lady Hexen at: 7/30/01 6:42:23 pm

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(7/30/01 10:18:38 pm)

Re: A tragic song...

The crowd was pleased and touched by these songs. Cheers were coming from everywhere. The winged creatures appreciated the songs and a particularly sensitive one wipe tears from her eyes.

- That was so sad... *snifs*

- Come on, said another one, its just a song

- How come Mistress is missing this, adds a third one

- She ain't missing anything, replied the 2nd, you always forget that her eyes sees everything and she hears everything.

- I still wonder if she REALLY hears and sees everything, answered the 3rd Sprite

Then the little creature was stun as if she had been suprised. The other 2 laughs.

- See?, said finally the first one, we told you so....

(Since Celes is physically elsewhere, I had to make her presence felt from one moment or another, besides, I do think it helps for the ambiance. )

Vermehren

(8/1/01 9:48:56 pm)

*Tourist hear the song without saying anything or showing a emotion. He is still stilent, when Lady Hexen sit down. He takes a long drop and than look at her.*

Indeed, that was a nice tragic song. We are honored by your present. Thank you very much for singing for us.

*He smiles at her.*

Please promise me, that you will later sing for us again. I think that everybody is overwhelmed by your presentation. But now, pleaes drink your beer and relaxe. You earn your rest.

*He takes another drop and is also looking around the tavern to see if there are other visitors that are also able to move or if all of them are still speechless after the song.*

S1 Vermehren (#193)

B2 Tourist (#423)

BE Low Mage (#199)

Edited by: Vermehren at: 8/1/01 10:27:15 pm

Psimon2001

(8/1/01 11:04:03 pm)

The wind swirls, carrying tiny snowflakes from outside towards the table of Lady Hexen. The snowflakes gather, twisting and turning in the breeze, seeming to form something...

The snowflakes become more dense and eventually a figure is seen, standing where the flakes once were.

"M'Lady Hexen. Ally. You called and I am here", the figure addresses the fair Lady, then bows to her.

Psimon has arrived...

Lady Hexen

(8/2/01 3:06:06 pm)

In good company...

Hexen sits sipping her sweet honey mead. Nodding to Lord Tourist she says, "It would be my pleasure to sing for you again. That soulchoir collar fatigues me somewhat. Though truth be told, I can't carry a tune in a bucket without it..." She smiles wryly at her self directed joke. Her wan face is slowly becoming more animated, her eyes glint with humor.

Hexen shivers as a wind whips her hair across her face, she turns into the wind with curious eyes. Squinting against the gust, her face then lights into a luminous smile, a pink flush coming into her cheeks. She rises to her feet to greet him.

Her voice is warm and soft, "Psimon, my calm in the storm..." She looks puzzled. "I did not think that I sent a call. Oh, I must have called out in my disquiet from the soulchoir collar. You felt my distress." She looks amazed, then shakes herself. "Some day you will tell me how all this works."

Stepping toward him, still a little tired looking, "But I forget my manners. Please join us. You know Tourist and Lady Windsong." She reaches out a hand to take his, embracing him and going on tiptoe to press her cheek to his. "My word, you are frigid." She calls to a nearby Sylph, "Hot Cider." Rubbing his hands between hers, she blows her warm breath over them. She fusses over him as she leads him to an open chair at the table, "I won't have you catching a cold on my behalf."

Back at the table, Hexen looks at Tourist and Lady Windsong and their smiling faces. "What?", she askes with an exasperated sound, laughing. Suddenly blushing and smiling far too much as she sits back down into her own chair.

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Edited by: Lady Hexen at: 8/2/01 3:09:45 pm

Psimon2001

(8/3/01 12:21:38 am)

Re: In good company...

Psimon moves closer to the table and nods his greeting to the companions.

"Well-met again, Lord Tourist, Lady Windsong".

Psimon is most definitely warmed by the cider (or is it Lady Hexen's company which warms him so?). Feeling much better he removes his cloak, revealing his heritage to all in the tavern. Drow/Grey elven blood courses through him as he sits with Lady Hexen and her companions.

"M'Lady called across the planes, across time itself, so I am here. I have brought thee a sonnet, nothing more than a poem, for no music has been put to it. If thou wouldst hear it, M'Lady, I will tell it. Stop me if you've heard it before", this last with a wink.

Presuming Lady Hexen's consent from the smile in her eyes, Psimon begins...

"A thousand blades upon her left

a thousand more to her right

Thrice the number before her view

glistening with the morning's dew

The burden crushed as none before.

Whence she came, long past,

her destination, well known,

though certainly not her choice

A banner raised, then lunge

thunderous roar of steel on bone.

Silent tears of blood on earth

and lo, they laid to rest".

Looking into Lady Hexen's eyes intently, Psimon takes her hand, "It is yours, M'Lady, in truth and in the saying. Will you have it?"

Edited by: Psimon2001 at: 8/3/01 3:44:39 am

Lady Hexen

(8/3/01 10:23:00 am)

In good company...

As the Lord Psimon speaks the words of his rhyme, there is the faintest of sounds coming from atop the table. The soulchoir collar, though discarded, whispers in perfect time with Psimon. The effect is such that his voice is disperse and multitude. Hexen watches all of this, her eyes alight with interest.

Her brightest smile upon her face, "There is a memory in time and space, a resonance of those words. They are imprinted forever, though my mind still has trouble with what the time, and where the place. Your gift honors me." She softens then, the armor of her ready smile falters. "Though truth be told, I cherish more the mind which craft it and the breath which spoke it."

To Hexen's perception, the moment seems to stretch forever, her words hanging against silence as she reaches out to pull her soul back behind the wall of her mundane face.

Hexen shakes herself, her grin almost sharp in its speed. "Well, now we are all together!" Her face is lit with a merry energy.

Turning to the Sylphs nearby, "I heard something about a hunt. Has it begun yet?"

Looking back at her companions at the table, the words tumble in a rush. "What say you to a hunt? The Lady Celes is hosting. It would almost be rude to not partake."

She leans forward with her eyes dancing restlessly. "What say you? A hunt to quicken the blood... An adventure shared between good friends, shall we join in with our new friends here in Ice Region?"

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

LightningRider85

(8/3/01 11:49:41 am)

A little show

Lady Lightning Rider observes the growing amount of people joining the table occupied by Lady Hexon and Lady Windsong. She is glad that new the Ice Region family is growing, but something bothers her. Unaware of the feeling she has, she sits staring into space.

"It shall come to me sooner or later"

Bored now that the entertainmennt has ceased, she pulls out the kinfe she found in the snow. She runs her hand along the ruby-studded handle.

"If I remember correctly, there is some sort of magic locked in this."

She plays with the phoenix-crested handle, then accidently drops it. Simultaneously, as the handle hits the ground, a puff of smoke comes from the phoenix's mouth.

"I guess the magic is gone" she says as she picks it back up again. Suddenly, green light pours out of the fire-bird's eyes. With a large flash, the weapon emits glittery dust all across the room. As quickly as it appeared, the light and dust disappear.

"What was that?" Lady Lightning Rider says as she puts the knife down. "I guess it was all for show". Then, she felt as if she was overcome with laughter. The gitty sensation caused the entire room to burst into giggles. "Now I remember, what this does.... it..." Lightning Rider falls to the ground holding her stomach as she laughs so hard that it makes her pass out.

Draug Hisie

(8/3/01 12:01:47 pm)

The door opens and Celt comes in. She looks around at all the unfamiliar faces, obviously a bit uncomfortable. She stands near the door a moment still shivering within her cloak then moves to an empty table and sits. She drops the hood of her cloak revealing a mass of fiery red hair. As she continues to look around she relaxes a bit, but is still unsure of herself in these new surroundings.

Lady Hexen

(8/3/01 3:55:42 pm)

Startled and frightened by the flash of light, Hexen leapt from her chair, going down into a feral protective crouch on the floor. As the smoke quickly clears, the snarl on her face softens and she stands slowly. Hexen chuckles to herself for how silly she feels now, jumping at flashes of light. She tosses LightningRider a smile and a nod. "Thanks for keeping me on my toes."

As she walks back to the table, chuckling to herself, she cannot seem to stop. A stronge case of hysterical giggles is shaking her, weakening her knees as she finally reaches her chair and goes to slump down into it. Convulsing with wave after wave of loud laughter, Hexen misses her chair, collapsing onto the floor.

She hasn't the strength to stand. Floored by funny magic, Hexen crawls across the floor. She crawls to the chair where the new arrival with the pretty red hair is sitting. Pulling herself weakly up by the table, Hexen tries to get words of welcome out. She opens her mouth to speak, then lays her head down in a wave of laughter on the table. Helplessly, Hexen pats Draug Hisie on the hand in welcome before falling on her back on the floor. Helpless with giggles, she reaches out to her friends for help, unable to get up.

Draug Hisie must think all these laughing people very strange, since she entered after the dust exploded.

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(8/3/01 6:01:16 pm)

Celes' mirror play.

In the bar, the wall are covered by mirrors, mirrors which appeared on by one through the evening. Even the columns and the fountains are covered with mirrors.

Taking the advantages of the effect of the laughter powder, Celes reflexion appears in one mirror right in front of Ladies Hexen and Lightning Rider and gives them a big grin. Both ladies burst in a huge laughter.

Then, Celes "walks" from mirrors to mirrors surveying the bar and smiles at what she sees.

Draug Hisie

(8/3/01 6:04:21 pm)

A most unusual welcome..

Celt looks down at the pale blonde and wonders at her odd behavior. She lets out with a faint smile seemingly a bit unsure of herself amongst these strangers. She looks up to the others with a puzzled expression and quickly turns away as she senses a familiar presence. A black wolf has appeared by her side and she absentmindedly reaches down to rub his ears as she continues to ponder over everyone's mirth. The wolf looks up at her with silvery green eyes that match her own and lays down, resting his head upon her soft leather boots, a protective look in his eyes as he looks around. She looks down and speaks softly to the creature, "Do not fear for my safety here Lagu, I am in no danger. I do wonder at their odd behavior though." She stops speaking and seems to be listening, as though the wolf is speaking to her. She nods and looks back to the others with a smile.

Vermehren

(8/4/01 12:17:33 am)

*Tourist looks confused at Lady Hexen*

Really? Now you make me courious. Is this magic really so strong to make your voice so soft, when there isn't a good voice inside you? I think there must be also in you a very good voice to let the magic work. Maybe we can test it sometime later.

*As the snowflakes come from the outside and form slowly together to a figure. Tourist take a look at Lady Hexen, as he want to say something that he already mention sometime before: "Didn't I already told you this?" His lips slowly spreat for a smile. As Psimon is full materialized he nods toward Psimon.*

Welcome, it takes long, till you arrive...

*His smile got brighter with is turning into a thoughtfully.*

A hunt? Well we could see this as a challenge, but to be honest I also like to sit her fith such nice companion.

*He looks unsure around.*

My friends, what do you think about it?

*His eyes look again around and his eyes catch Lady Lightning Rider, as she is playing with the knife. He is staring at the knife and seem to try to rember, where he see the dagger before. As Lady Lightning Rider drops the knife and a puff of smoke is released his eyes go bigger as he seem to rember now and he is preparing to say something, but it is to late and the dust is been spread all over the room.*

Oh now, not THIS magic....

*He starts laughing loud and is falling of from the chair and lands behind the table. No one can see him now, but he is still laughing. Draug Hisie is entering but he seem to still lay behind the table. After a while he came back from the table and look around. He sees Draug Hisie and tries his best to don't look him so silly.*

Hmm.... Well... Hmm... Oh... Hello.... Don't be surpriesed it was a strange magic. It was so hard that that I couldn't stand up anymore.

*He looks at Draug Hisie for her responded at is blushing a little.*

NO! I wasn't drunk that I couldn't stand anymore.... Well, let's forget it. And don't worry. We are nice and you don't need to be afraid.

*He looks at the wolf.*

Hmm... Good, I see that you already have someone that keeps care about you.

*He sits down and takes another drops. Soon his old skin color returns.*

S1 Vermehren (#193)

B2 Tourist (#423) Mages of Forgotten Wars Acolyte

BE Low Mage (#199) Old Secret Guild Masters Ascendant-Immortal

Psimon2001

(8/4/01 2:11:49 pm)

Psimon looks on as his companions succumb to the magic powder one by one. With all his might he clamps down his magical and psionic barriers. He strains with the effort, a bead of sweat breaking on his forehead and trickling down his face, joining the small tears of laughter that are welling in his eyes.

His eyes close tightly as he wraps his arms around his body, straining to contain himself, but slowly, almost painfully, the chuckles begin to break through.

His slight body heaves once, then again.

A noise, almost a squeak, escapes his tightly closed lips. Then another.

A full five minutes passes, and Psimon is overcome. The strain of holding back against such powerful magic (and the sight of his stoic companions in fits of laughter) cause him to pass out.

His cider tankard crashes to the floor, spilling it's warm contents to freeze on the floor, a pool of pale yellow (!) against a sea of blue ice.

Across the eaons of time and space a voice is heard crying,

"OI!!! NO P...... IN THE POOL!"

P S I M O N

Windsongwind

(8/4/01 5:29:53 pm)

Lady Windsong at first seems completely immune to the magical powder. Until suddenly ,she is not laughing like the rest but crying uncontrollably. Sobbing in great gasps of grief until she too passes out,crumpling unto the floor.

Lady Hexen

(8/6/01 9:37:41 am)

The laughter glamour seems broken by the sound of sadness, Hexen snaps into sudden sobriety. She moves quickly to the side of her Lady Windsong. Kneeling on the floor, Hexen rests the Lady's head on her lap, brushing her hair gently back. Leaning close over her, Hexen seems to weave whispers into a chant. The Lady Windsong can hear only a vague sound like faraway winds, or the crashing of waves. She can feel Hexens breath near her face as Hexen chants. The spell urges the Lady's spirit to release its pain. Unconcious on Hexens lap, the tears slowly fall down Windsongs face in a slow and gently release.

Hexen sees Psimon beginning to stir, turns and runs her hand over his face almost blindly, just to be sure he is alright. Windsong rests for a few more moments, but when she begins to slowly stir, she feels more rested than she has in a long time.

Hexen relaxes her attention on Windsong, seeing that she is resting easier now.

Looking back to the table of Celt, clear eyed now. "Welcome, Celt. I apologize for my earlier performance." Hexen smiles weakly. "There was a bit of magic in the air. Something to take down the walls that keep our emotions so safely walled up."

Hexen looks back to Windsong, watching her face in repose. "Being a Nether mage, I have much experience with grief. My country is filled with it, by my will. I must know the way to speed the grieving and heal the living souls." Hexens speaks matter-of-factly, without emotion.

"Life is defined by moments of pain, and moments of joy. You cannot have one without the other. So I have learned to welcome both, in equal parts." She smiles in reflection. "I've noticed that pain is not so strong when you do not flee from it."

Hexen grows still, watching over the Lady Windsong patiently.

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Author Comment

Draug Hisie

(8/6/01 4:43:45 pm)

Celt looks over to Hexen with a faint smile, "I understand."

She then returns quietly to her table looking a bit distracted.

She sits gazing at the surface of the table intently as if deep in thought, then sighs and lays her head down.

Psimon2001

(8/6/01 10:58:22 pm)

Psimon begins to recover, moving slowly at first, his bones chilled by lying prone on the floor.

He feels Lady Hexen's hand touch his face and is amazed at the tenderness there. It is the hand of one who has seen death, indeed delivered it to many, yet knows gentleness and compassion.

Psimon listens intently as Lady Hexen explains the source of her understanding, and looks upon her face with new awe and an increase of his own understanding. Lady Hexen speaks as one who is as Psimon once was, grasping the necessity of the duality of life. Evil/good, pain/pleasure, love/hate, life/death. All part of that which simply is.

"My apologies to you all for my clumsiness", he utters as he lifts himself from the floor, retaking his seat.

With a gesture, the spilled cider is no more and the tankard restored to the bar, cleaned and in it's proper place.

Psimon glances at Lady Hexen, as though he is searching her face for a sign of what he can possibly do to help.

Edited by: Psimon2001 at: 8/6/01 10:58:58 pm

Lady Hexen

(8/8/01 8:37:14 am)

Hexen sits quietly and humbly on the floor, happy to give even a little comfort to a friend. Absentmindedly she brushes the hair back from Windsongs face as she hums tunelessly.

Hexen loses herself in her thoughts. She ponders the way emotions can lead us on such a wild ride. From nowhere to bliss and then plunged into sadness by the loss of bliss.

After a few moments Hexen looks up at Psimons concerned face and she cracks into such a bright and beaming smile, her laughter bubbling up as though to some personal joke. Her eyes still alight with humor she asks Psimon, "Could you pull that big armchair up close to the fireplace?"

Almost without waiting for a reply, Hexen bends to gather the slight frame of Windsong up into her arms. Hexen gets to her feet, carrying Windsong to lay her in the chair that Psimon has drawn close to the fire. She lays the curled up form of Windsong into the chair, tucking a blanket around her and standing to look down at her.

"She looks like a little angel. Look Psimon, she's so precious." She smiles happily, seemingly bursting with contentment. Hexen sighs deeply, then turns. Hexen walks over to where Lightning Rider passed out and crouches down to make sure she is well and resting comfortably. Nodding to herself, Hexen moves over to the bar and hops onto a barstool.

Speaking to the barkeep, though she seems to address the Celt. "Barkeep, I should be honored if you would allow me to buy a drink for the lady Celt. Ah, and do you have any more rabbit left? I'm sure her furry companion would like some rabbit, though you will have to ask HIM how he likes it." Hexen smiles and winks at the silver eyed wolf. "As Lord

Tourist has said, we are odd, but certainly not dangerous." She tells the wolf before turning back to the bar to lay a small bag of coin on the counter.

Hexen asks and then waits for the barkeep to fill another pitcher with the sweet honey mead that has become her addiction. At the table, she refills her mug and then holds it aloft. "To friendship. Past, present and future..."

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Windsongwind

(8/8/01 3:41:26 pm)

Windsong awakes confused to find herself in a chair by the fire .She feels some how relieved of a great burden she did not know she carried.

"Hexen "she whispers hoarsely.

"Could you get me a drink my throat is tight?"

She looks pleadingly at her friend.

Lady Hexen

(8/8/01 4:14:54 pm)

Her cup aloft, in mid-toast, Hexen walks to the side of Lady Windsong and goes to her knees before the chair. Hexen gives her own new mug into the Lady's hands with a smile.

"If you prefer something else, I will gladly fetch it." Hexen is near to bursting with energy, her eyes sparkling with gladness. The two Ladies exchange knowing glances and Hexen lets slip a happy little giggle before she regains her composure as she is guiding Windsong back to the circle of friends where she is warmly awaited.

Filling the empty mug and holding this aloft, Hexen smiles at Windsong, waiting for her to speak the toast.

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Windsongwind

(8/8/01 4:23:55 pm)

Shaking the last of the meloncoly from herself,Windsong rises

"A toast everyone a toast to good friends and new ones may we live life to its fullest while we are here."

*winks at Hexen in encouragement*

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(8/8/01 4:25:21 pm)

Lady Celes Crusader, who usually prefers to look over her guests from a distance was pretty bored, although that she must plan an attack against a small guild that disrespected the Region, she needs to change her mind.

She misses Darkwolfe thought, the lone mage who's also her usual diplomat is gone for the beautiful season and now she must handle practically everything by herself.

From what she sees through the mirror, everyone have a good time, perhaps she deserves a break. Her reflection steps out of the mirror and walks at the entrance, when it reach the entrance, the door opens and Celes' image turns into a shadow... leaving her place to the real Lady.

She walks in calmly, knowing that her presence unnerves her servants. She goes over the bar and orders a glass of porto and looks back over the crowd.

Lady Hexen

(8/8/01 4:48:06 pm)

Hexen's face will surely crack if she smiles any bigger. Her eyes light up with an idea as she reaches her hand in a flash out to the table. Scooping up the black soulchoir collar, Hexen tells it the song she wants to hear before walking over to set it down amidst the musician Sylphs. Then, walking back to the table with a gleam in her eyes she says, "I want to dance! I'm so filled up with joy, I want to dance!!"

Darts her hand out and grabs the Lady Windsongs hand and pulls her out onto the floor. Hitching arms with Windsong, the girls whirl in a laughing dervish as they catch up with the happy lilting dance that the musicians let loose. Releasing the laughing Windsong's arm, leaving her sister spinning and happy. Hexen keeps dancing around the room, dancing past the table of Celt in a happy little jig and then dancing near to LightningRider, inviting them both to join in the dance... Skipping past the Lady Celes while clapping out the rhythm, she invites their lovely host to join in the dance with a nod of her head. The jig becomes more complicated as though to challenge the Lady Celes to a friendly dancing duel. The invitation remains open as she spins away with a smile.

Breathless and joyful, Hexen dances back to the table and holds her upturned palm out to Psimon. "Will you dance with me, if I promise not to be so clumsy?" The color is rising in her cheeks as she dances a jaunty little jig first backwards and then back toward him, her hand still outstretched.

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Edited by: Lady Hexen at: 8/8/01 5:25:16 pm

Windsongwind

(8/8/01 4:56:56 pm)

Lady Windsong dances on a little while longer by herself when she notices thier hostess has joined them. She stops her dance beside the lady and bows low in respect.

"We are honoured by your presence . Please join us."

Psimon2001

(8/9/01 1:36:00 am)

Psimon watches as the ladies dance. He is amazed at the strength and grace, delighted by the joy as they whirl about the floor.

Lady Hexen dances close, holding out her hand, "Will you dance with me, if I promise not to be so clumsy?"

Psimon laughs nervously as Lady Hexen dances to the centre of the floor and back again. "In truth, M'Lady, it is you who will risk broken toes if I dance, but if M'Lady wishes it, then dance I will".

Rising from his seat, Psimon grasps Lady Hexen's hand on her next pass and is carried into the dancing group by her strong grip. Bowing to Lady Celes, and with a helpless look to Lady Windsong and Lord Tourist as he passes, Psimon is whirled to and fro. After a few moments of faltering, clumsy steps, he begins to catch onto the gist of the dance and starts to really enjoy himself.

With a flourish of his hand, Psimon produces a pale blue rose for each and every lady there, to wear as they wish, save for Lady Hexen...

Laughing as they dance, Psimon smiles at her as two roses form in the air between them, one black, one white. The delicate flowers swirl in the air as Psimon and Lady Hexen dance around them, as though joining their dance.

The flowers rise slowly, till all of ten feet from the floor, then more blue roses appear, enough for each and every person in the room, and they too join the dance.

Psimon laughs heartily for the first time that he can recall, and dances on...

Edited by: Psimon2001 at: 8/9/01 1:37:27 am

Draug Hisie

(8/9/01 6:14:37 am)

Celt sits back to watch the others dance, a wistful smile on her face, and looks down at Lagu. She laughs softly as the wolf sniffs at the rabbit and looks up with a puzzled expression. "I know it is not that which you are accustomed to Lagu, but don't be rude, eat!" She then notices Lady Celes and nods to her in greeting. As she looks back to the others dancing a single tear rolls down her cheek. She quickly wipes it away, hoping it was not noticed.

LightningRider85

(8/9/01 9:08:11 am)

Waking up from the powerful spell, Lady Lightning Rider feels as if her head was run-over by a stampede of beserk horses with iron-clad horse shoes.

"Never in my worst day have I felt so bad, INCLUDING that time those mindripper held me captive for a week... that reminds me, I hope those buzzards are having a bloody good time... in hell... for all it's worth..." Lady Lightning rambled on to herself.

After she stumbled back up to her bar stool, Lightning Rider slid the knife back into her pocket, in fear that her clumsiness might open it once more. "That blasted thing could of killed someone". Thinking to herself, she grinned over her new-found toy... "I could use it during the war, that fool, dim light, won't see it coming".

Lady Lightning Rider asked the nearest wench for "The strongest drink in the house". As the wench walked away, L.R. muttered... "I need to kill this golem-sized headache... before I go into battle that is..."

Windsongwind

(8/9/01 9:36:18 am)

The tears do not go unnoticed. Windsong does not intrude on the celts space but sends her a silent wave of compasion and understanding.

Then swings back onto the floor she looks for Lord Tourist Hoping that he has not already been coaxed from his chair.Swinging up to the table she holds out her hand."Dance with me Sir Mage" She smiles shyly wishing now she had not asked (what if he says no, I'll just die)

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(8/9/01 7:05:57 pm)

Lady Celes nods to everyone who greets her and looks at Lady Hexen. She smirks and steps on the dance floor.

She starts with slow and simple steps. Bit by bit the the pace of her dance is faster and her steps more and more complex. She spins and dances in complicated and graceful steps while always keeping her gaze on Lady Hexen.

Her long air floats strangely around her, giving Celes' dance an unreal look. She seems to not failing or slowing down at all.

Lady Hexen

(8/10/01 1:38:54 pm)

Childlike with wonder and laughing with Psimon in this joyful madness, Hexen cannot imagine a better time. Her eyes moving over the dance of black and white roses between them, symbolic of Psimons pure magick and her own dark magicks. A moment of doubt passes her eyes, making her seem fragile as she wonders at the wisdom of such a pairing. Her step falters for a moment. But then, hearing the resonance of Psimons laughter, feeling the thrum of his bright soul, she is conquered. Tears seem to brim in her eyes as they spin, her mouth forms the silent, reverent word, "again..." With a nod, she lets go of these doubts, a joyful sob of laughter as she is quick to dash away the sparkle in her eyes. She quickens the dance.

Turning a moment later to see the acceptance of her dancing challenge by the Lady Celes, Hexen gently excuses herself from Psimons side. Skipping over to the Lady, her eyes mischievous and playful, Hexen watches the steps of Celes. When Celes takes her pause, Hexen matches these easy steps. The two woman go back and forth this way, Celes setting the step and Hexen trying her best to mimic them exactly. As the steps get faster and faster, the ladies are dancing at the same time, Hexen hard pressed to match the movements of Celes who does not seem to be slowing. Hexens movements are strong and bold, having almost a rebellious energy to them as her eyes still hold the grinning challenge. Celes in comparison is so much more graceful and lovely. Hexen finally gives up this merry chase, stepping back to take a slow bow to acknowledge her defeat.

She lets out a great laugh, panting to catch her breath. "In truth, Lady Celes, I knew that I could not win against you in such an arena. I knew that I was DOOMED as soon as I chose you for my opponent. But if this were a gladiators circle, I would die proudly by your sword and would have such boasts to tell in the afterlife of the honor it was to be slain by your hand."

She laughs again after this strange compliment, then bows her head in deference before turning toward the table to get a sip from her mug to quench her parched throat.

Finding Psimon there, Hexen takes his hand into hers and smiles like one who understands what heaven must be.

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560

Windsongwind

(8/10/01 5:15:36 pm)

Windsong abandons the table to take Lady Hexen place .

"I'll be right back " she says to Lord Tourist.

Standing beside thier hostess she first watches the Lady's dance steps very carefully .Slowly she she takes up the dance. She follows the dance exactly then adds her own steps to the end .Pauses and looks to Lady Celes with a wink and a big smile.

The steps are very intricate requiring the body to remain very still while the feet move very quickly.

"Your turn my Lady"Windsong challenges

Lady Celes Crusader

Administrator

(8/10/01 7:27:41 pm)

Although she raises an eyebrow after hearing the weirdest complement she ever had, she smiles at Lady Hexen.

- I've learn the greatest lessons of my existence within defeat, dear Lady Hexen. You were a great opponent

Then she turns her head and observes Lady Windsong's dance.

-Hum... very interesting...

She mimics the dance and decides to push the thing a little further and adds some steps of an extremely complicated pattern. In fact, there was no room to error.

- I'm sure you can match these

LightningRider85

(8/10/01 8:21:08 pm)

Intrigued by the dancing competition that had risen between the other ladies, Lightning Rider's natural competitive streak grew strong. She convinced herself that she could keep up with the best of them, so she downed the drink that the wench brought her and risen off her bar stool.

With the snap of her fingers, music from the far away land called the Kingdom of Naples filled the room. Lightning Rider began to perform a traditional dance that her grandparents taught her. The slow melodic steps showed a sort of grace that stupified the others, for Lightning Rider never seemed to have any at all. Then, with the clap of her hands, the music picked up to much faster beat. At that very moment, the "strongest drink in the house" that she had finished moments before took over. Suddenly, her feet became clumsier. After a few seconds, she tripped, diving head-first onto the floor.

"Whoa...that der was some strong stuff..."

Lightning Rider crawled up into a ball and fell asleep.

Psimon2001

(8/11/01 11:53:47 pm)

Psimon takes his rest, his weak body exhausted from the fun, his mind and heart a-whirl with a mix of thoughts and emotions.

When Lady Hexen returns, he takes her hand and looks at her carefully. "M'Lady, I do not mean to pry so boldly, but your thoughts on the dance floor were shouted in my mind. You wonder if we are right to allow this to happen between us, and I will answer you plainly". Psimon pauses to sip his cider then continues, "Light and dark, good and evil, love and hate, *all* seemingly opposed forces, are merely two sides of the one coin. One cannot exist without the other, for one judges itself by the measure of the other. As you can see from my face, I am the better for accepting this truth. If I did not accept it, I could not exist as I am. Do you see the truth of it?"

Without waiting for her reply, Psimon continues, "If it is difficult for you to accept or no, it matters not. Simply know this, I will not, nay, cannot deny what I feel. I have said it and it is done". Smiling, glad that he has shown more of his heart to Lady Hexen, Psimon sits back. He looks hopefully at her, trusting he has stated it clearly and, after ordering more drinks for all there, he waits for her reply...

Windsongwind

(8/12/01 6:05:54 pm)

Windsong goes to the table and finishes her mead. She returns to the dance floor just as Lighting Rider falls to the floor. With a giggle she takes the steps she had watched the Lady Celes perform, copies them but at a much slower pace, then bowing low with great respect. "I concede. Your talent is unmatched!"

Windsong then whispers something to the musicians. Returns to her companions.

"Now Sir I would dance with you."

A slow romantic song begins to play.

To Her friend Hexen she winks "This is for you too."

Author Comment

Lady Hexen

(8/17/01 10:05:17 am)

Hexen's eyes move over Psimon's face with such fondness as he speaks. To hear the confession of the way he feels, the tears brim up in her eyes. For the first time in her short life, she seems at a loss for words. Her throat is constricted with the biggest feeling, one she can't even put a name to. Into his hands, she places her fate. She is a little shocked by how much she trusts this tall Elven stranger, who seems so very familiar.

Her hand squeezes his and she brings his long smooth hand to lay against her cheek. In her mind, she simply trusts that he understands all that is in her heart.

She rises, still with the sparkly in her eyes. As she stands, she does not relinquish Psimon's hand, instead she draws him to his feet and slowly out onto the floor. Her hold on his him is slow and gently, but relentess and cannot be refused. Her face is radiant with emotion, turned up to hold his gaze. Tall as she is, she is not accustomed to looking UP to a man. She slips into his arms easily as they move slowly on the dance floor, as if her body knows the way home.

Laughingly she comments, "M'Lord, I think the next time I reincarnate, I shall have to choose a taller frame. It would be easier for dancing" She smiles, her shining eyes filled with playfulness.

She tries to force her face to be serious, holding his gaze steadily. "You know, as a Nether mage I have learned one lesson. I think I should tell it to you, for it has bearing here." Her smile is slowly breaking through...

Her hand flattens against his back as the slow sway of the dance has hold of them both. Her eyes glint with wicked humor, "Do not summon up that which ye cannot put back down..."

angelhexen@icqmail.com

ICQ# 113071560