The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Please Do not Disturb the Radishes.

This is an exteremly odd little =fumbles for a word=...snippit of a thing which I wrote completely randomly one day while visiting a few relations over the past few weeks. Now had I been in my right mind I would have abandoned it, but seeing as I was in 'vacation mode', I took it home, cleaned it up and had two friends of mine read it. The first one thought I was crazy and the story odd at best, but the other said it was slightly humorous, so I decided I may as well post it. So the point of all this introductory stuff is that there is relatively a 50/50 chance that you won't like this, and frankly I ask you to comment as you will, because I happen to think this amusing if nothing else.

Also, I haven't the faintest idea if this should have been posted on the Cabaret Room board instead. So if this really is in the wrong place, could someone with the ability please move this?

And one more thing...cut me some slack with the grammer...run on sentances are constantly stalking everything I write.

--------------------------------)(

Please do not disturb the radishes. Why? Because they never did anything to you, did they? I've always been a fan of radishes, though frankly I have never eaten one before. But that's alright; people don't seem to need a reason to hate and despise things, so I don't think that I really need a reason to be a fan of radishes. Did you know that there are actually Radish addiction support groups in a remote country of Africa? Apparently if you hadn't ever been exposed to Radishes in your or the lifetime of you're ancestors(as is common in this remote country of Africa), then you eat some with, say, dinner the results can be either fatal or terminally addictive. Therefore I can only hope that somewhere in my family's history someone, perhaps my great-great grandmother, picked up a radish out of sheer curiosity and took a bite. Because obviously these relations never died, or else I wouldn't be here. But then, if no in their family history had ever eaten a radish before, then why didn't *they* die? So I can only conclude that there were, perhaps, a few years somewhere in the dark ancient past of this planet in which Radishes weren't poisonous to the average caveman. So it must have been then that this tradition of eating roots was started. But it seems to me, however, that if people are dying in Africa because of these radishes, then perhaps there are still families here in the United States which have never been exposed to the roots. And since there is a bit of question of my own family's Radish eating trends, I don't think that I can safely eat these radishes which you have placed before me. Though, of course, they look delicious. But I feel that I must watch out for my own mortality and so decline these radishes. And, for your own safety, I caution you to think twice as well before disturbing the radishes.

--------------------------------)(

:blink: Well, I don't think I'll ever look at a radish the same way again. I have to agree with your friend that this is slightly odd, but it's still enjoyable. The run-on sentences aren't too much of a problem (I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't've mentioned it), but they do speed up the pace of the story a little more than I think you want. Otherwise, I like it. It kind of reminds me of the poetry of Shel Silverstein.