The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

my application

Infinity

An endless picture of perfection

Here in this thinnest layer of the world

The world turns, time passes,

But this moment takes no heed.

A thousand possibilities linger

Just beyond the grasp of those who would try.

Take this feeling, this tangible thing,

This clear image of eternity in your mind,

Turn it over, and wait for what you know will come.

For beginnings can’t last forever,

And soon time will regain his sway

i'm guessing this is what people have wanted me to do ;) *hopes against hope for good luck and apologises for posting in the wrong place at first.. mind is not what it usually is right this second*

my email is tyger__eyz@hotmail.com

Wyvern sips some booze at his desk and lifts Immortalgrace's application from an enormous pile of unfinished paperwork that rests there, avidly reading over the applicant's poem while drinking from his Endless Decanter. Having carefully read over the poem, the overgrown lizard nods sagely and belches a few flames before responding:

"Indeed... you seem to have captured both the infinite and the fleeting quite nicely in this poem. Most appropriate, since both are present in the Pen..."

Having said this, Wyvern begins counting with his claws and hisses:

"The infinite: booze from the Endless Decanter, Random Yet Handy Items from the Bag of Random Yet Handy Items, wit from Zool, waiting periods for Pen applicants, personas of Tzim, muses, charm from Orlan, Valdar's ear signals, creative freedom, power from Cioden Darkeye... and there's my debt as well, of course..."

Wyvern pauses for an instant, giving a short moment of silence for his debt before continuing...

"Then there's the finite too: good impressions of Melba, logical Pen debates, my bank account, writers blocks, love of money-grubbing purple fuzzies, merit of emoticons, limitations, time before Scarlett O Harpy labels you as dinner, etc., etc."

Having listed these things, Wyvern stamps ImmortalGrace's application ACCEPTED and notes that he admires her for her immortal grace... though he's perhaps a bit envious being only a mortal disgrace himself... ;p

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, ImmortalGrace, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I'll be sure to send you some additional Pen info ASAP... Thank you for your patience in waiting for my response!

blushes and hugs herself joyfully

I thank you, Elder... and in return..

waves her slender hands gracefully over Wyvern's head and chants softly

I have bestowed upon you.. your own kind of immortality. May your life be full of joy and prosperity.

glows brightly for an instant and vanishes

*Snickers gleefully* I figure Melba might give off a finite good impression every now and then... After all, she does occasionally beat Wyvern down with the Anti-Wyvern Mallet... ;p

Wyvern thanks Immortalgrace for her blessing, keeping it in mind as he exits...