The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Abstract Thinking

Hey all! I always worry that my contributions of Poetry vs Prose are much too weighted towards poetry. I do like to write prose and stories, except a lot of the time they just take too long, and become unfinished or "unacceptable" for public consumption.

But, what I do keep around is a folder titled "Abstract Thinking" and every once in a while when the muse strikes me, but does not bestow any poetry, a long paragraph or two result. Usually (as the topic description eludes) I find it difficult to bring them to conclusion. But once in a while they come together quite nicely (and on a rare occasion they find their way into "real works" of stories). So here's a couple of them, once again, from "Abstract Thinking". Enjoy!

The Question

?

“The bane of existence…”

?

“The dead end of every road…”

?

“The question.”

“Ah. I get it, the question. Can it be solved, so that it will not return, and be a loop in the road?”

“Influenced by vision, hearing and touch, I can’t solve it. No one can. The loop’s already completed.”

“But then, how…?”

“There are no true answers. No right answers, or wrong. Everything’s held in our hands, and we can’t see it from other perspectives. That’s impossible.”

“That’s not true-”

“Yes… yes it is. No one is perfect. There’s always one corner you can’t see around. It can’t be solved.”

“An eternal riddle…”

“The question.”

“Wait… Could that be the answer?”

“The question?”

“No, the eternal riddle. The answer is no answer.”

“Yeah, sure… and there is no spoon.”

Life’s Light

I’ve seen much in my life, not all good, nor bad. I’ve lived but a short time of my life, but understood it in a great light. One that was bright, and true. Not everything can be lit, but, I’ve seen a great deal of light in my life. As of late, in my young age, I have understood a whole lot more then I’ve seen, and I realize that everything is merely how you perceive it, and little else. It’s about how we interpret the light that allows us to see the picture. This is my knowledge, this is my understanding.

Of course, I could be wrong. My intelligence pales in comparison to my wisdom. My wisdom pales in comparison to my ignorance. Life is joyous; I know that.

Irony

How ironic that we should not live, but die. That we should not enjoy, but endure. That we should not have love and lust, but have love and lost. I find it ironic, that our lives revolve around that which is at the end of the road, whilst we live out our travels. You will tell me what I will become, but not what I am. You will tell me what must and will be, but not what can be. You can you tell me the future, but you will not live with me in the present. Tell me naught what you know nothing of! Judge not my world, if you see yours in a light far beyond the time of mine. Life will be! That, and only that, is the truth to tell.

Villainy

What makes a villain? A chilling tale, I assure you. ‘Tis no possession, nor mindless philosophy. The Gods themselves do not decide, though perhaps it is a matter of fate. Some things are meant to be, others… controllable.

But, what is a villain? A person so forgotten to time and the ways of the universe, who craves only to be remembered, maybe? Betrayed I think, stolen from. One who, on their person was committed so great a sin, became twisted. One whom once was good, as mayhap all are, now no longer resides in the world, but resides against it. A villain is one who is betrayed by the very world that brought them into existence. How cruel.

The pulses of evil are strong. The apparent wrong doings of society mean nothing; the laws, the rules, all created only to weed out those who were betrayed, and punish them for their thoughts. A villain is but a hero, lost in the ripples of life, paddling backwards against the flow normality. The only one with a goal, in the whole damnable river, that is attainable.

All that is, can not last. It is true. But, chaos is easily sown, and readily grows. Before its death, seeds fly to the world as children, and villains tend the crops again. And it is thanks to this that we may feed, nay, we may feast, whilst others starve. Remember this, children, as you grow old. Villainy is not as is depicted by the world and its champions, but a savior from them and a means to survive.

This is truth, and must be known. I speak now, only so that the crops still grow and feed mouths, when all else is lost. Fear not to embrace the darkness… for it keeps us strong indeed.