The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

¤And so it begins¤

OOC: High on AFI, and having writer's block (all I can think of are the lyrics to Girl's Not Grey!) . Forgive me if this sucks.

¤Cole kicked at the road dust, wearing a characteristic scowl. The young man was, to be quite frank, angry with everything-the beautiful day, the sunshine, and most especially, his GODS-CURSED, SWELTERING HOT, HIGH-COLLARED WOOL JACKET! His twin simply stared glazedly at him, mumbling something and unbuttoning the collar of his own jacket¤

"What was that Mordekai?"

¤Cole snapped, rapidly losing patience with his soft-spoken sibling¤

"I /said/ that we shouldn't have worn wool"

¤Mordekai replied calmly¤

"Shut up."

¤Cole growled, wiping sweat out of his eyes¤

OOC: yeeesss. it sucked. And it's short compared to most. Oh well.

[[OOC:HI! FOUND YA!]

=A thin figure sat under a tree, head down, eyes closed. His long black hair hung down loosely, the heat seemed to have no effect on him, though he wore from head to toe jet black. His face looked completely at ease, though his fists were clenched and every muscle in his body was tense= [OOC Vash is scaring me...I'm really worried...]

:raven: Autumn Sun

Edited by autumn_sun

[[OOC:to anyone who joins later on, I'm sorry for the shortness of posts, something REALLY horrible just happened, and i need to get my mind off of it]]

=The man opened one eye cautiously, and immediatly tried to back up through the tree. When he found that he couldn't do this, he brought his knees up to his chest and hugged them, looking rather scared=

"Yes?" =he asked quietly, his voice raspy and unused= "Can...can I help you?" =he eyed the two strangers, uneasiness sweeping over him=

"Hot?" =he tilted his head, looking as if he had never heard of the word= "No...cold. Cold...so very cold...numb too." =he resembled a small child, innocent and helpless= "Who are you?" =he asked, trying to get the subject off of him=

=he nodded numbly, looking like someone who had just been slapped= "Malackye..." =he said limply= "He is lost...he feels...sick." =at that moment, the odd man doubled over and was violently sick, specks of red in the clear liquid dripping out of his mouth=

¤Mordekai knelt beside him, lightly touching his arm, even as one hand went to his own nose, as blood trickled out, at first no more then a drop, then a full-blown nosebleed, blood dripping between the fingers of his left hand. Cole recoiled, somewhere between fear, worry, and disgust¤

"Mordekai?!"

Edited by smallscale_mind_games

=Malackye whimpered slightly, edging away from the two, mumbling apologies in more than one lanuage. A shortish girl, only a few years younger than him, appeared from no where next to his side. She looked nothing like him, save for the pallid skin and glasses, though they were related in ways stronger than just brother and sister=

'Malackye!' =she put a hand on his shoulder, pulling a handkerchief from her pocket and wiping the foul smelling liquid off of his face= 'What happened??' =she asked, fear creeping into her voice=

'The sun is setting.' =he said, his voice low and gloomy=

=This apparently meant something more than it implied, the girl's face contorting into a look of terror and disgust=

'You fool!' =she screamed, only now noticing Mordekai & Cole= 'What happened to you?' =she tilted her head in concern, rummaging once again with shaking hands, handing the bleeding Mordekai a fresh handkerchief=

~ :raven: Autumn Sun

=The girl glared= 'Because he's stupid.' =she dug her nails into her palm=

'I am not...I'm just sick of this....' =he frowned, staring at the ground=

'THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO KILL YOURSELF!' =she slapped him and winced, doubling over, clutching her stomach= 'You fool...'

~ :raven: Autumn Sun

• 1 month later...

"Please, Mordekai, let's leave!"

Cole cried. The crown of the tree caught fire suddenly, and he stared at the flames, mesmerized. Mordekai, still clutching the handkerchief to his nose, though by now it was soaked throug, reached out to Malakye-but his hand went right through the dying man. He drew it back with a slight gasp, and whimpered

"Oh, someone help me, I'm turning into a ghost..."

Edited by smallscale_mind_games

{{=anime faint= I'M SORRY! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!}}

=Malackye twitched, not at all reassured by Mordekai's current shadowy state of affairs, the movment shaking his frail body, the girl hugging the tree tightly=

"You...bloody...fool...do...you...have...a...death...wish...for..me...as..well?" =she moaned, her skin almost translucent, her veins making it appear blue=

"I'm...sorry...I...forgot..." =Malackye said softly, frowning=

"YOU....FORGOT?!" =the girl shrieked and immediately fell over backwards=

{{Edit:OMG! I just listened to Artic Snow for the first time in forever! =stares @ your siggy= SCARY!!}}

Edited by autumn_sun

"ummmmm..."

The twins intoned simultaneously. Mordekai huddled into a tight ball-nose STILL bleeding profusely. The blood-loss finally seemed to be getting to him, as he couldn't bring anything into focus for more than a moment or two.

((Yesh, FREAKY it's true! Hold a sec...*crosses eyes* Do YOU have my Burning Brides CD?))

{{....no...it's in my playlist dude...the 9+ hour one...}}

"Look! I'm sorry, Dayne! I didn't mean to!!"

=he twitched, though it was hard to tell from his already shaking self=

"YOU DIDN'T MEAN TO COMMIT HARI-KARAH?!" [or whatever it is. the suicide thing with the blade in yer gut]=the girl now known as "Dayne" shrieked=

"Well....umm...." =he blinked, staring down at the bloodsoaked ground= "You see....this guy came along...and he...told me that I should...uh...kill myself...."=he shrugged meekly=

"Wait, hold on, WHAT?! Some guy came by and told you to stab yourself in the gut and you just went up and did it?!" =Dayne glared at the sky, the only thing she could really focus on=

"Hey...uh...dude bleeding from the nose...know of any REALLY good healers?"=she tried to turn her head in the direction of the twins, but failed=

"My name is not 'dude bleeding from the nose' "

He muttered faintly

"It's Mordekai. If my map is correct, there is a village about ten minutes up the road. There should be a healer there."

With that solemn declaration, he promptly fainted dead away on the ground. Cole furrowed his brows and growled.

"I'm not carrying all three of you."

=Dayne shrugged weakly=

"You only need to get him healed, if he's ok, I'm ok."

=Malackye nodded= "I'm prolly lighter than her, even if she is--" =A low growl from his sister cut him off, an ashamed look coming over his face= "Ooops..."

"If I don't pass out." =she laughed weakly, watching the two walk away=

"Don't...let...anything...happen...to...you.." =Malackye gasped, looking back at his sister=

=she smiled= "Don't worry, brother, I won't!" =she turned her attention to the unconcious Mordekai=

"Don't go choking on your blood, ya hear?"

{{whee! 3 rps wiff you all going on at once!!}}

"Naw, it's still there." =she grinned, slowly turning over, lying on her stomach and resting her chin on her hand= "Wow, we must look like a mess. You all bloody and me with the energy of a wet napkin."

=her generally sunny disposition returned, now that her emapthic, chronically depressed brother had staggered off=

"What happened, anyway?"