The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Miniature Chocolates, the Pen Series

Quincunx

Tzimfemme puttered around the mold-makers, her hands poking another layer of descriptive paper into place inside the pliant mold material while her eyes never left the chocolate vats. Those had been left in Rydia's care and she was constantly swatting Tzimfemme away from one burbling pot or another, or removing Minta's sticky fingers from the caramel tub. "How long before those molds are ready?," sighed Rydia, as she snatched the pot of white chocolate off of a flame just before it boiled over.

"Hard to tell, I have plenty of liners for most of 'em but for some of them, all I have is a name, and you know I don't work with names." Tzimfemme sneered at a nasty memory, then continued, "Not that I mind having a few dozen false runs to be, errr, 'lost' in the kitchen because they were too blurry. . ."

Rydia flattened her pointed ears just a bit. "You can NOT make bad copies just to hoard them for yourself!"

"I know I know I know. . .a girl can dream can't she? Nonetheless," and Tzimfemme impressed a description of flat cheekbones and confident stance into the current mold before dropping it into a bucket of ice water to harden, "when we were making the AoA series, the few who didn't have descriptions, we could have Dr. Tzimfemmestien chase them down--once she worked out the kinks of the cloning tanks, of course--and scan a copy for us. Now we can't. Damned cloning tanks have gone feral--you remember that crop circle in the leafmeat fields? Aliens might have spilled the cloning fluid, but I'm quite sure they don't scatter DNA snippets of all the previous clones!"

Out in said field, Orlan pulled a broad leaf off of a denuded stalk of silver-edged leafmeat. "Mmm. . .Tzimfemme flavored."

"mmmmmm.....Tzimfemme....." Orlan manages to gargle out of his mouth before devouring the entire nummy. After licking his fingers clean he begins to wonder abou where this suddenly came from. He usually followed the policy of "Don't take candy from strangers" but today he found this one lying there, unattended.

"I think Tzimfemme is starting to wear off on me....Speaking of my obsession..." Orlan turned his gaze back to a factory on the horizon that always was sprouting out clouds of chocolate smoke. It was always amuzing to go watch and giggle at the fat pigeons that would fly around like vultures after a festering corpse.

"mmmmmm....festering corpse..." That one made him wonder if Minta was there. That's something he'd avoid. Too many nights he spent trying to get the ritlin into that girl's mouth. Sometimes it dosen't pay off.....though everyone he can scare her with cooties enough to get it in. Though she seems to be getting over Orlan and cooties. That's never a good sign. Must be one too many bedtime stories.

"Oooh, I know....I wonder if she still makes those Krispy Krishes...thems be good." Orlan, the sexy sexy piece of elder that he was, pulled out his "Playing Strip Go for Fun and Profits (Read: Lovin')" book and started walking towards the factory while reading about Atari and Kama Sutra Page 76.

"Mmmmmm.....sexy Go.....mmmmm Chocolate"