The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Gem Tomb (RP thread, please join)

Archive

Falcon2001

Honored Guest

(10/7/01 3:50:58 pm)

Reply Gem Tomb (RP thread, please join)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is undoubtedly the best summary of my schoolwork ever, so I decided to post it...I found this just recently and wondered at how I had done so well. I had to do four paragraphs for english about ghosts, so I did the following:

Narrative: I approached the altar cautiously, watching for the first sign of danger. As I crept closer, the age and antiquity of the room was thrust upon me like an oppresive weight, making me feel small and insignificant next to this chamber, which had survived eons uncounted. "If these walls could talk," I thought, smirking, "I would die before I heard all they had to say." I grimaced slightly, then straightened up. Walking forward to the altar I placed my sword on it, unsheathing the crimson gem. Suddenly, I gasped. A piercing blade of moonlight shone through a crack in the ceiling, setting the ruby aflame with contesting crimson and white colors, swirling and seething like the dragons of myth. I steeled myself, stepped forward, and began to chant in a low voice that swelled with power as I continued. "Ailan, Kitra, Jegon, Roght!" I chanted, invoking the sacred names of the founders, feeling the power within me burst and flow outward in a ravenous, gushing stream of energy. I saw - no. I FELT the power burst from my chest in an azure beam that sped directly toward the gem as if shot from an arrow from an arrow. When the blue connected with the crimson and argent it began to pulse, the colors swirling faster and faster, melting into a whirling mass of all colors and none. A gaseous cloud began to emerge from the whirling gemstone slowly coalescing into a warrior, clad in leather and iron. The shade opened his mouth and began to speak.

OOC: I just realized that this could very well be a RP thread, so I changed it and didn't put the rest of my paragraphs.