The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Notice Me

Archive

Isachar HC

Initiate

(10/13/01 1:46:12 am)

Reply Notice Me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I peer quietly at him. He returns the stare, his gaze sweeping over me. They feel like daggers through my skin. My gaze drops, and I can almost feel his smirk dismissing me silently. My lips curl into a snarl.

What right do you have to judge me!

It’s still quiet when I raise my head once more. He’s still there, staring at me, mocking me, deluding himself into thinking he knows the whole of me simply by a glance. And he does this, day in and day out, while I accept his abuse silently. But inside I rage.

How can you decide what I am simply by what you see! How can you pass your verdict on my life simply by a flick of your eyes and a furrow of your brow!

He says nothing, he never has. Not so much as a word. His eyes narrow, and I can almost feel the indifference in his gaze. He simply stares at me, stares right past me, reducing me to nothing. But I am not nothing. I am still here.

Why do you refuse to see me! Why do you dismiss my value simply on the basis of what your eyes tell you!

But I am nothing to him. Not worth his time. Not worth his effort. And that is why I clutch my fist tightly, because I know just how wrong he is. But I could never make him see that, could never bring myself to show him. Until now.

I draw my fist back, and I can feel the excitement starting to pour into me. Finally, I can show him. Show him that I exist. Show him that he was wrong. His eyes never change; he still stares dispassionately at me. I scream, and I swing.

My fist strikes him squarely, and then he is gone, a loud crash the only reminder that he was ever there at all. I draw my fist back in pain, whimpering as I feel the first shards of glass embedded in my hand. I peer quietly at where he had been. His gaze is gone now.

But he still doesn’t see me.

Yui Temae

Herald

(10/14/01 12:45:00 am)

Reply Re: Notice Me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quiet shadow hears echoes of understanding and touches of emotions, silently applauding Isachar's work.

peredhil31

Elder of Lists and Manners

(10/14/01 6:24:25 am)

Reply Re: Notice Me

Peredhil finds mirrors lie too easily.

He prefers the seeing himself reflected in the hearts of others.

They're always so much more forgiving of him than either he or his mirror.