The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Bar is now OPEN

Archive

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(7/9/01 7:48:42 pm)

Reply The Bar is now OPEN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Gyrfalcon works industriously by the stage, aided by several golems and one large creature that you can't quite identify. Quickly, a bar forms before your eyes, and the golems begin to stock it with the neccessary equipment- cups, mugs, shot glasses, rags, chips, bowls, and most of all, alcohol.

Gyrfalcon supervises the work while the creature leans against the bar, causing it to creak alarmingly. It looks at the various mages gathered around with disinterest in it's eyes.

Finally, the bar is complete, and Gyrfalcon stands behind the counter, ready to take orders. The golems line up by the casks and shut down until needed later, and the creature straightens up into an alert stance.*

"Come in, sit back and relax. Have a drink and listen to the stories from the stage. Oh yes, and if you try to damage the bar or myself, Guido-" Gyrfalcon waves to an imposing creature, who you suddenly recognize as a Goon, "-will be forced to take you outside and splat you."

"As a special treat for the opening of the bar, your first drink is free, so pick your poison!" Gyrfalcon gestures to the racks of bottles on the back wall, along with the kegs of ale, beer and other spirits.

"Finally, anyone currently performing on the stage gets free drinks, though they will be banned from the more intoxicating liquids so their performance does not suffer."

"Enjoy!" With this final word, Gyrfalcon sits back and waits for orders to come in...

OOC:

splating: Guido is a splatter. This is like a bouncer, except it hurts more.

reasons for the bar:

lumpen: "Quill Bearer: New members who are awaiting placement. They should have to do things here on the homepage. Do jobs around the Tavern such as bartender, waitress and other fun things."

So there is now an open bar. Lord GeldrinHor, any tips for running a bar? =)

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(7/9/01 7:51:35 pm)

Reply Re: The Bar is now OPEN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyvern:

"That's right folks! And remember, free alcohol for all members officialy Quill Bearers and above, couertsy of Brute's famous endless Decanter!"

Wyvern walks up to the bar doors disguised as a human. After he's passed the security, he ditches the costume and makes his way to a table located on the left-hand side of the stage. (Note: the reason for Wyvern's disguise at the gates is because he's been banned from all bars in Terra. Just ask Brute ...)

After Wyvern has seated himself and started sipping from his Decanter, he lustfully eyes two serving maids that are serving drinks...

Peredhil:

Peredhil comes in talking quietly to his Giant Guinea Pig Guards. His sons, Elladan and Elrohir, are no where in sight.

"...So we will be complete by the end of the week."

The Pigs nod their understanding. Taking a table, the three begins talking in low voices. Suddenly one of the suit-clad Pigs bursts out in a loud voice,

"Wot? Da Bartender's name is Guido too?!"

With a large toothy grin, Guido heads over to welcome his newest 'Brother-in-name'.

"Yo, if'n you ever needs someone removed, youse let Nuncio and me know, capise?"

Zadown:

From the orderly troop of mages-whose-name-begins-with-Z, a young mageling silently sneaks away. He is not as tall as most of the others, but he still has the same face. Seeing the bar kept by Gyrfalcon, his already bright eyes light up.

"A BARR!1 FFREEEE POISON!"

The mage runs towards the bar, stop suddenly to stare at the giant guinea pigs, then rushes again to the bar. He tugs Gyrfalcon's sleeve and asks simply:

"BEEER?!"

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(7/9/01 7:52:59 pm)

*The young, Zadown-ish mage scurries away with his free beer, only to lurch onto the stage after consuming half of it.*

*Meanwhile, Gyrfalcon wonders if he had just served a beer to a minor... then shrugs and decides that since that was one of the many of Zadown, their average age probably made him an adult.*

Cheye69

Initiate

(8/10/01 11:12:23 am)

Walking with a light and bouncing step, Cheyenne is almost trembling with delight as she nears the Tavern. It had been too long since she had seen her one true Love Wyvern.

'Most likely he would be sipping from the Decanter, pining away for me like all good and faithful beings' Mussed Cheye. Thowing open the doors she steps thru the opening and starts to open her mouth to yell out to Wyv as she sees him immediatly. "Hey, Wy......" The words die on her lips as she sees not just one floozy but TWO drapped over his powerful torso, hand feeding him grapes, with a look on his face that could only be described as 'Lust Crazed'.

Stepping back out of the doorway, she ducks into the shadows to watch for a minute or so, when this activity doesn't stop but escalates with the taking off of sheer tops (that didn't cover much anyhow) she decides to match him at his game.

***Zool, I need you to come in here and post....we have to show Wyv up and you are just the man to do it! ( sorry, can't contain the evil grin now...)***

Wyvern00

Elder

(8/10/01 4:01:17 pm)

Re: The Bar is now OPEN

The two floozies, which Cheyenne had thought were tempting Wyvern, were actualy demanding that the overgrown lizard pay his bar tab...

"Listen lizard..." growls one of the waitresses "...trying to pick us up is useless, we wouldn't go out with you if you were the last dateable reptile in the universe!"

"But..." starts Wyv.

"Pay up..." interrupts the second floozy "...or meet the bouncer: 'Mongo'"

"Ummmm... Can't we come to some sort of understanding?" squeaks Wyvern, now quite nervous.

An enormous grunt comes from the far corner of the room, and Wyvern tries to get up and flee. Unfortunatly, the two waitresses hold him down before he can make his move...

*eep!* squeals Wyvern, watching as an enormous troll exits out of the back door, weilding a huge bottle of Ol' Peculiar...

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms: If you came to learn how to make fire, COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!" -Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Zool47

Elder

(8/15/01 4:33:12 am)

Wyvern finally wiggled free of the barmaid's grasp, and took off at a run. He was stopped suddenly, however, when Mongo caught him by the tail. "OooF!" Looking behind him, Wyv was relieved to see the tail still attached. "Phew!"

Then he looked up to see Mongo's snarling countenance. Brandishing the bottle of Ole' Peculiar, Mongo pulled on Wyv's tail and took a step closer.

Given the turn of events, Cheye thought it best to intervene. She stepped out of the shadows and struck a pose. "Hey Mongo. Over here."

Cheyenne's sweet voice took a moment to penetrate Mongo's thick skull. But when it did, his head turned as though on a rusty pinion ("Squueeeeeaaaak!") until his eyes rested on the lithe form of Cheyenne. Mongo's eyes went into total Ah-oo-ga mode. "Oooh, purdy..." he rumbled, and taking a step towards Cheyenne let go of Wyv's tail.

That's all Wyvern needed. He quickly swung his tail around and smacked his tail stinger square on the massive bottle of Ole' Peculiar. It exploded in a shower of glass and green foam.

Mongo was a huge ogre of a troll, but wasn't too bright upstairs. For this reason, his massive strength was more suited for moving large boulders or holding up buildings - he had narrowly missed a career as a pillar, but then this job had come up. He froze when the bottle exploded, too much happening all at once. Once the glass had settled and the foam had sloshed into it's hissing rest, he took a look around and surmised the situation. Sinking to his knees, Mongo began to cry. "My.. Ole' Pec-ul-iar iar iar..." Syllables came joltingly between sobs.

"The floor!" screamed the barmaids, as the hissing green liquid began to quickly corrode the wood planks. They scrambled for the asbestos mops and glass buckets kept on hand for just such an occasion.

Cheyenne grabbed Wyvern's hand and they ran to the bar across the street.

"Phew!" Wyvern went to wipe the sweat from his brow, but then remembered that lizards don't sweat. "Thanks a mil, doll. That was close!" He looked around idly for a cool rock to lay on.

Cheyenne crossed her arms and tapped her foot. "You know, when I walked in, it looked an awful lot like you were being real friendly with those barmaids..."

"Hey Wyvern!" yelled a gruff woman's voice, "I want to talk to you about your bar tab!"

Cheyenne and Wyvern turned to see an elderly hag holding up a stack of IOUs.

"Why Hilda, how ravishing you look today..." started Wyv.

"Don't give me that! I've fallen for it too many times! If you don't pay me right now, you gonna have to answer to my bouncer, Grunt!" As she spoke she snapped her fingers, and out walked a MAMMOTH Cyclopse. He was so big, he forced the doorframe in EVERY direction as he squeazed through it. Huge muscles rippled between shining armour plates. Lamp light reflected like stars from the polished metal armour and the highly polished black leather. He didn't seem to carry a weapon, but then he didn't look like he needed one.

"I say, Hildy my dear, what seems to be the problem?" The cyclopse's eye quickly took in Wyvern's presence. "Oh, Wyvern, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. Ah well." The giant then made a fist and began to crack his knuckles, the loud popping and snapping echoing even in the large crowded room.

As one, Cheye and Wyv gulped.

~Zool~

Elder of Elders, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Edited by: Zool47 at: 8/15/01 4:33:54 am

Cheye69

Page

(9/10/01 3:54:08 pm)

"Uh, Wyv.....Let's get the heck out of here!"

Running , a bit faster than her legs could actualy keep up with, Cheyenne turns to look over her shoulder just to see Wyv take a left hook from Mr. Cyclops. Down went to sloshed Dragon with a loud smack on the concrete floor.

Turning with a snarl,"Now that will be enough!" Throwing some geld at the offensive brute, Cheye leaned down and tried to bring Wyv to. Smaking his face gently does nothing. Thankfully Zool walked up and threw a glass of ice cold water in Wyv's face.

SPLASH!

With a gasp the Dragon shakes his huge head. Opening one eye slowly he peers up at Zool....

Wyvern00

Elder

(9/10/01 5:36:58 pm)

Escape from Hilda's Bar

Wyvern's eyelids slowly slide open and a very blurry image of Zool begins to focus. As the sun shines down on Wyvern's face, the overgrown lizards eye sight grows better and soon he can see again...

"Zool..." mutters Wyvern in a barely audible whisper. Zool smiles warmly down at him. Unfortunatly, the smile is cut short as an enormous fist grabs Zool and pulls him 10 feet into the air, crushing him. Wyvern see's the enormous cyclopse bouncer, frowns, panics, and franticaly jumps to his feet. Noticing Cheyenne tossing geld at the enormous Grunt in vain, Wyvern shouts:

"Come on Cheye! Now's our chance to escape this death trap!"

"But he's caught Zool!" cries Cheye "And he appears to be using him as a stress relief squeeze toy..."

Zool screams as Grunt clenches his fist around his torso yet again. He squirms and wiggles in an attempt to break free... in the process, Zool's rubber chicken manages to jump out of his pouch. The rubber winged terror does a somersault in the air and lands harmlessly on the ground below. It turns it's head towards the enormous Grunt and let's out a scornfull "cluck!". The chickens eyes flame red with fury and hatred...

Wyvern and Cheyenne, who are located inbetween the chicken and the enormous cyclops bouncer, turn to each other and frown.

Falcon2001

Honored Guest

(10/7/01 6:32:23 pm)

Reply Performance = Alcohol

Cioden wanders in, flanked by the often skitterish Falcon. Cioden's robes rustled slightly as he walked up to the bar. "Gyrfalcon, my old friend, buddy, pal, compadre, comrade, companion, amigo, aquainta-" he was cut off as the barkeep turned to look at him. "Cioden, the only reason I'm letting you in is that all you're IOU's were burned when Wyvern set fire to the last bar. Now beat it. There's no free drinks for you here." Cioden opened his mouth, but Gyr raised a hand, with the index finger up. "One..."

"Can't we come to some sort of an agreement?"

A second finger came up. "Two."

"We can pay later?"

The third started to come up, when Falcon burst out:

"We play songs!"

The finger wavered in it's upward course.

"You do what?" Asked Gyrfalcon, suspicious.

"I play bass, and Cioden sings and plays electric." Falcon showed Gyr the two guitar cases he was carrying.

"One drink per preformance per person. That's all, Cioden. Now get up there before I decide to throw you and your skinny little friend out of here on their heads." He pointed at the stage, and Falcon pulled Cioden off towards it.

Half-way there, Falcon saw a certain polite mage sitting at a table drinking water with his two giant Guinea Pig guards. Upon seeing his idol in the flesh, his eyes assumed the size of dinner plates and he ran towards him.

Seeing a mage running at their boss with two guitar cases, Guido and his partner immediately step between the moon-struck mage and his target, clotheslining him. Once he was on his back, they looked down at him, their furry faces frowning. "Wat is dis dat youse appears to be doin', huh?" Said Guido.

Now there aren't a lot of things scarier than opening your eyes and seeing two fairly angry giant Guinea Pigs staring back at you, other than sobering up and realizing you're stuck in one of Wyvern's parties.

Falcon let out a fairly shrill scream and scrambled to his feet. Behind him, Cioden sighed and came over. When the Guinea Guards saw Cioden, their expression went from suspicous to a glare.

"To whom do I owe this extreme displeasure, Cioden, and why are all of your extremities still attached?"

"Ya. Is you needin' sum operashuns, friend?"

Cioden smiled weakly and backed off to the stage, leaving Falcon to deal with the guards.

OOC: A BAR! COOL!

Anyway, Cioden and Falcon are what would happen if you took me and split me in half. Cioden is my egotistical, brash, overbearing, and dangerous, risk-taking side. Falcon is the shy, smart, funny, kind, naive, and overall harmless side.

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(10/7/01 9:49:39 pm)

Reply Re: Performance = Alcohol

Gyr sighs and waved to Guido and Peredhil's other guard "Try not to hurt them, alright? They're supposed to play music... or whatever passes for music."

Gyrfalcon sits back and starts stocking the bar with three types of bottled water for the non-drinkers among the crowd as he watches the two carefully... he had seen the kind of trouble they could get themselves in...

Falcon2001

Honored Guest

(10/8/01 9:48:14 am)

Cioden smiled weakly and tore Falcon, who was still staring at his Idol, away from the two hostile guards. Bringing him up on stage, they summoned in two amplifiers, and began to play a few rather quiet songs.

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(10/8/01 4:17:41 pm)

Gyrfalcon nods to the music and smiles... apperantly, it had been a good investment, so far. How well they played with a couple drinks in them was debatable, but he would soon find out, it seems. Until then, he smiled as a few more people drift in and pay for drinks as they listen to the music.

peredhil31

Elder of Lists and Manners

(10/9/01 7:48:19 am)

Reply A pleasant Interlude

Peredhil enjoys the music as he muses on the nature of Mankind.

Elrohir enters the bar, and politely waits for the current song to end before crossing to his father.

Dad, Ager Guild is back again. I think it will stay this time.

Peredhil smiles and raises an eyebrow.

Elladan? Elrohir asks, then immediately continues, He stayed to begin consolidating enough land to attract peasants. Are you going to Guild again?

Peredhil nods, and then gestures for El' to sit for a moment as the band begins another song.

Nuncio crosses to the bar to get Elrohir's drink

Falcon2001

Initiate

(10/9/01 9:45:18 am)

Reply Music

Once they were done warming up, Cioden turned the distortion on, hit the boost, and started pulling some power chords, wilst dodging assorted vegatables and drinks.

Falcon, having not been told of the change in tempo, looked confusedly at Cioden.

peredhil31

(10/10/01 6:36:12 am)

Reply Chords

As the dissonance of confusion permeates the music, Peredhil sighs.

Taking it as a sign that he should assume his responsibilities, he exits to see where in the Ager his family has landed.

On the way out, he tosses a large geld tip to the Bartender, to be given to the musicians when the set is over.

Scarlett OHarpy

Quill-Bearer

(10/11/01 11:40:15 pm)

Reply Large geld tip

Scarlett dives through the entrance in time to see something golden and shiny spinning through the air. As able to control her reflexes as a Mind Ripper at a MENSA convention, she hurtles after its mesmerising glint.

Tantalisingly, the coin spins a lazy parabola, before resuming its downward path. With a lightning arm-thrust any South Paw would envy, Harpy executes a mid-air pirouette and snatch, culminating in the satisfactory grasp of the geld within her greedy fist.

Chuckling to herself, she wanders to the bar, perches atop a stool and orders an unpronouncable cocktail from the 'Specials' chalkboard. Three sips - and one slight accident with an ornamental umbrella - later, she is finally beginning to relax into the heady pulse of music, when there is a sharp tap on her shoulder...

S O'H

Wyvern00

Elder

(10/12/01 7:13:16 am)

At a Seperate Table...

Wyvern lolls back in his bar chair and takes yet another greedy sip from his Endless Decanter. Looking towards the tavern's clock and noticing that it would probably still be a while before Cheyenne arrived for their date, he decides that now would probably be a good time to start counting back over his geld. He had only done it 20 times this morning, and wanted to make sure of the exact estimate. Besides, he liked the way the gold coins twinkled faintly in the dim light of the tavern...

Upon touching his pouch of geld, Wyvern's face immediatly freezes and goes pale. Something was wrong... it didn't feel the same.

Wyvern franticaly opens the pouch and quickly sorts through and counts all of his geld. Sure enough, horror of horrors, one geld piece was missing. Desperatly trying to blame it on the notion that he must have made a miscalculation in his rapid accounting of the money, he goes over it again. The same result. There was still one piece missing. He was certain he had had one more geld piece when counting this morning.

Wyvern begins to panic.

What could have happened to that one perfectly beautifull piece of precious metal? How could he have possibly misplaced it?! He must have been a mistake in counting...

Wyvern counts through his geld yet again.

No! It couldn't be! One was still missing!!! Would he ever be able to forgive himself for this tragedy?!!

Franticaly looking around his table searching for the lost geld piece, Wyvern's attention is diverted to an ever faint glimmer of gold coming from a bar table at the far end of the room (Wyvern's eyes had become adjusted to noticing geld pieces from long distances ). A geld piece! Wyvern quickly grabs his pouch, jumps from his bar stool, and rushes towards the geld, unaware that Harpy is about to pay for her drink with it...

Falcon2001

Initiate

(10/12/01 11:35:56 am)

Reply On stage...

Cioden and Falcon finally figured out what was going on, and then summoned up a drummer to play backup, and were just about to start playing 'What it's like', by Everlast, when Cioden heard Peredhil leaving, with a large geld tip to the barkeep. Seeing the wonderful shining piece of golden goodness flipping through the air, he dropped his guitar and lunged at it from on stage.

Unfortunately, the stage was a good hundred feet away from the bar, and he succeeded only in tangling himself in a chair. Breaking off one of the legs, he went straight for the woman in the red dress who was about to pay for a cocktail with his pay! Right as he reached her though, She, He, and a large winged lizard all slammed into one another. The coin, now free of the confines of Scarlett's hand, arced across the bar, where it landed in Falcon's hand. Bewieldered, he looked up just in time to see three greed-crazed poets rushing at him brandishing chair legs, maces, sword, squirrels, and anything else handy. Deciding this would be a good time to exit, he headed for the backdoor, and was out it and back into his Falcon form within seconds.

CiodenDarkeye

Initiate of The Pen

Hopeful Patron Saint of Impatience

Minta Rose

Bard

(10/12/01 9:01:23 pm)

Reply Re: On stage...

Rydia watches the wonderful spinning shiny with awe, her drink neglected, her eyes anime-wide. Carp hovers in midair above the bar, bobbing down sometimes to refresh himself in a goldfish bowl of Ol' Peculiar. Discreetly he took a mouthful of Ol' Peculiar and spit it into Rydia's much less powerful drink.

Scarlett OHarpy

Quill-Bearer

(10/13/01 3:17:51 am)

Scarlett rotates her head to the right in reaction to the shoulder-tap. The space behind her is filled by a jovial, wing-flapping duck. Terrified it is about to tell a truly appalling joke, she threatens it cruelly with a wedge of orange fished out of her cocktail, smacks her lips meaningfully, then returns to face the bar once more, only to feel the determined hand of the barman latch onto her glass.

"No cash, no splash lady."

Scarlett narrows her gaze into a Medusa #4.

"I believe you're mistaken, honey. I paid for this drink with that piece of geld you see right there before you on the - OH!"

Several things happen at once.

Harpy's brain computes WYVERN in any episode of sudden and inexplicable monetary loss. This drain of energy from the rest of her organs necessary to power a thought, renders her totally paralyzed momentarily. Unblinking, she registers the approach of the aforementioned lizard. He does not look happy. He does not look happy at all. Simultaneously, an irate musician crashes toward them both.

Dragging herself free of inertia, she leaps up quickly, but is unable to prevent a collision. In the shambles that ensues, the gold coin, separated from all its owners, spins aloft once again, before being grabbed by the musician who bears it away, polymorphs and retreats.

"Well thanks sooooo much" Harpy spits at Wyvern. "I found that coin fair and square, well square at least", she demures, recalling Peredhil flipping it over as a tip. "If you hadn't come powering over in your customary gold-lust, I'd still have my drink."

Harpy wonders whether to rev it up to a Medusa #6 for this special outpouring of venom, but resolves that since Wyv is almost a dragon, he may be able to almost fly after Falcon, and retrieve her money. Better to keep him sweet.

Wyvern shifts, looks guilty, shifts again, looks wounded, hops on one foot, then remembers that he was a geld piece short - even before Harpy snaffled the intended tip. His expression reverts to accusatory covetousness once more.

"Wait just one second", he jibes, jabbing a claw towards Harpy for emphasis. "If Cheyenne were here, she'd unwrangle all this, but in the meantime, we gotta think clearly."

Scarlett and Wyvern exhale deeply.

Wyvern pauses, then resumes.

"Let's take this in reverse order - Falcon has the money, he got it from you. You got it from Peredhil. Peredhil got it from (unknown) I have one gold piece missing."

Harpy's eyes open wide.

Wyvern's jaw gapes.

"No!" They both shriek in unison. "Not the half-elf? He wouldn't!"

Somewhere in a dim corner, the feathery one is regaling Carp. "Nah you see, it's all in the telling, listen up, I'll go through it again. This duck walks into a bar, see, an' he says to the bartender - 'Ya got any bread?'

Carp yawns widely, and spits another mouthful into Rydia's glass.

The Grim Squeaker

Visitor

(10/13/01 5:27:17 pm)

Meanwhile, the somewhat bemused summoned drummer has watched all the action with some interest (it's always hard to tell one's exact shown interest when one has no flesh on one's face). Perhaps it's more accurate to say it grinned widely at the magepile at the bar. Shrugging a tiny shrug, it turned back to the crowd, just in time to see some grumblings begin, and a few annoyed faces.

SQUEAK. No musician likes an angry crowd.

Twirling the oversized drumsticks it needed to reach the drums once, twice, thrice, it then brought them down sharply on the dried deerskins with a resounding BOOM! From there, it launched into such a beautiful tribute to the music of Bruce Sprinsteen and the E-Street band, that the performance sent karmic shockwaves rippling through the entire mutliverse.

In New York, New York, U.S.A., Earth, the year 2001, at precisley 9:26 PM, Max Weinberg shed a tear without knowing why.

peredhil31

(10/14/01 6:22:05 am)

Reply An OoC Comment

The Grim Squeaker?!

At the Pen?!

Although absent in body, Peredhil's heart is bouncing in happiness!!!

He hopes TGS does the drum solo to In the Garden of Eden...

peredhil31

(10/17/01 11:14:52 am)

Reply Looping Threads intertwine...

Guido comes loping in, scanning the room from top to bottom.

Youse guys seen da squirrels?

He peers at the Grim Squeaker in hesitation for a moment.

Naw, couldn't be.

Not seeing them, he continues on through to the kitchen.