The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Christmas

Archive

Foe Calibur

Page

(12/22/01 12:36:56 am)

Reply Christmas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time of year, very littel goes through the mind of a child... the simple sight of presents sends them bounding away with excitement and anticipation for that one morning. That one morning who's influence sends children around the world on a year long dramatization of good.

This morning fast approaches us, and though the excitement nears and the presents sit awaiting me, tantalizing my imagination... begging me to be opened... after all it is only 4 days 'till Christmas, I can't help but think of all those who don't have the luxuries of a merry christmas.

Can you look past a childs tears, as his first pet lay by the roadside, to see the childish bliss he once enjoyed? To live here in this world of ours, the one we created, the one we so aptly named earth, our home, we ignore some of its most important inhabitants. The one's who's lives will nurture the society we live in and the love we share. Yet how many children lie cold on the streetside, staring at that empty road, longing for that which was, or maybe that which he's only seen in movies.

I know there is little I have done, and pitty solves nothing, but it's there. I donate to the food banks, I give money to the homeless funds, when I was younger I was a very avid UNICEF collecter. To have no money at christmas doesn't take it away, for christams is not bought from stores, but as a child that is hard to understand, and for a parent, hard to endure.

Thought may be the essence of that which was, that which is, and that which will be... but it alone will not help those who need help the most... especially at christmas, when the world should embrace those who may otherwise be ignored.

Just a few thoughts,

peredhil31

Elder of Lists and Manners

(12/22/01 6:09:57 am)

ezSupporter

And any season...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is difficult to accept that I live in a country where the garbage disposals eat better than approximately 30% of the world's children...

Donate food to food banks, and clothes to shelters.

Carry fast food gift certificates to give to homeless.

Give.