The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Is Archmage Can Be Spelled Like Cupid?

Archive

Lady Celes Crusader

Initiate

(12/6/01 1:33:03 am)

Reply Is Archmage can be spelled like Cupid?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was navigating in Steel Dragon's Gallery site and I've stumbled into Yui's description. In it, she says that she found her boyfriend (Aegon) through AM.

Oddly enough, I did found my boyfriend (Styler) through AM as well. To be sincere, meeting someone through the Internet, especially a boyfriend, was the last thing that came across my mind. When I join TFM, my Ager's guild, I've talked a bit through the forum with him. Then, I've got the idea to download IRC when he spends most of his time and we chat much more and know more about each other.

This last summer, Styler organized a TFM party in a camping and I joined the fun. This is where I met him for the first time. During the car ride (he offered to me and to another mage a lift) we chatted and get to know more and more of each other. After several get-outs together, we finally admitted our love toward each other. One week later, we announced about our love on TFM's forum (one of Kaneda's text was his gift for our new found love).

The moral is... never underestimate the power of the Internet... never

Jechum

LoreMaster

(12/6/01 5:59:27 am)

Reply Re: Is Archmage can be spelled like Cupid?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally like both Aegon and Styler from my internet conversations with them. Seems you all had luck in finding each other.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of purely internet relationships but different strokes for different folks.

I thought I'd add these two address for more information on internet romances.

www.internetromance.org/discussion.htm

www.internetromance.org/d...dont's.htm

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

the Pen is Mightier than the Sword - Lore Master

http://www.internetromance.org/discussion.htm

http://www.internetromance.org/do's_an..._dont's.htm

Zadown

Bard

(12/6/01 12:54:58 pm)

Re: Is Archmage can be spelled like Cupid?

As many know, I'm right now in San Diego, CA, living with my girlfriend Fortrix Enigma, who I met through Guardians of the Rift's IRC channel. Wherever people meet, pairs form, sooner or later. And as the technology gets better and more and more people join the online communities, this will just get more and more common ... right now, we are still the pioneers.

Lady Celes Crusader

Initiate

(12/6/01 8:03:03 pm)

Reply Re: Is Archmage can be spelled like Cupid?

Jechum: Styler told me loots of good thing about you and I'm finding it out in a pleasant way why

As I said, getting a boyfriend through the Net was the last that would have sprout out of my mind.

Zadown: Well, I'm glad for your happiness. About us being pionners, I agree with you. You should see my mom's face when I told her how I met Styler.

Signe: I'm sorry to learn about your ex-boyfriend. I think this happens much more than we think indeed.

I've got an interesting view of the AM female players. One big part of them are someone's girlfriend or sister or relative, the other part are those who came on their own and these are the one who are more likely to fell in love with another AM player. Life is sure full of odd surprises.

peredhil31

Elder of Lists and Manners

(12/17/01 12:34:42 pm)

ezSupporter

Re: Is Archmage can be spelled like Cupid?

Life is INDEED full of odd surprises!

I'm of the opinion that people tend to seek others in their comfort zone.

Which explains for me why the Archmage ABB attracts and holds so many intelligent creative people.

Not that intelligence or creativity relates to emotional control or maturity!

But at least there is a mental echo received when you read others and feel a shock of recognition - that "I understand what they say and how they say it" - even if you don't agree with them.

Given that creatives seek creatives and intelligent people seek intelligent people, then it surprises me not that they should pair off in couples when the personality match fits closely.

So, yes, Archmage may act as Cupid's medium, and further, maybe the Pen will hone Cupid's point further...

-Peredhil (still bearing Cupid's first arrow, and therefore immune to subsequent shots)